Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 11

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: 2021 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Fun fact - in weeks 2 and 8 I made 3 indefensible decisions that lost me both matchups and cost me a combined 71.3 points. Making not idiotic decisions in those 3 spots would have me as the 2nd highest scoring team in the league and likely a playoff team! So frustrating.

Now obviously all of us have left big games on our bench, but for the most part those decisions made sense. I have lots of big spots on my bench that should be there because playing those guys would be dumb. Those 3 decisions were super bad though!
    What were the decisions?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Week 2 - Antonio Brown (drafted 8th round) over Cooper Kupp (drafted 3rd round) - 30.1 point difference, lost by 12.86

Week 10 (not week 8) - J. Williams and B. Aiyuk over AJ Dillon (snow game) and R. Stevenson (D. Harris out) - 41.2 point difference, lost by 9.16 points. Can quibble over the J Williams pick, but playing a WR over either starting RB was moronic. Stevenson vs. Aiyuk was a 21.3 point decision alone.

Dobber Sports Monster

This site seems to be pretty accurate

http://ffodds.50projects.com/leagues....18571/week/13

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

That is a dope site

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    That is a dope site
    Ya, thats pretty cool!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Cmonnnnnnn Amon-Ra!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Starting St Brown and Davis reaaaaaaaaaaally paid off. Unfortunately I had to face Andrews and Taysom had a major dud.

The Wolverine

Wow, 59.7 points! What a playoff performance! It wasn't even because I had made obvious poor choices for my starters. If you include my 5 healthy bench players (including a QB), I still wouldn't have hit 100!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Definite underdog again this week so just hoping for some lucky TDs again.

Big QB decision ahead!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Wow, 59.7 points! What a playoff performance! It wasn't even because I had made obvious poor choices for my starters. If you include my 5 healthy bench players (including a QB), I still wouldn't have hit 100!
    Yeaaaaahhh, 56.56 points. My sole consolation is that I left 22.70 points on the bench (TE-Hunter Henry). At least my decision didn't cause me to lose my week - my team sucked so bad that even if I made all the right choices, I still would have lost...by a fair margin, sigh. Even Yahoo piled on, giving me an F grade for my team's performance this week. I'm just happy/surprised that I was able to avoid relegation. Good luck to those still playing!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Immortal

Alexander Mattison. Paying off again it seems.

Massive decisions for me this week.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Good luck to Turtles and Goon Squad in the final this week. Hope its a good fight.
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Immortal

Good luck guys! Looks like it'll come down to Turtles/Kofax and Rodgers on SNF. Will be fun to watch.

Hoping I can pull off a bronze here.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Thanks for the season all! Excited to join the winners circle in this group. Always competitive, always fun.

Was a tough start to this season starting 1-3 that had me beginning to question my drafting, but a strong 8-2 finish was good enough for 2nd place. And thank goodness for that as without the 1st round bye where my team put up 68 points I don't think I would have advanced. That week was by far my worst showing of the season. After that I posted my 3rd best point total in the semis with 134 and my best in the finals with 142. Couldn't have had any better luck than that. Combined with a lack of any major injuries and only one week lost to the Aaron Rodgers COVID debacle, I had a relatively straightforward season.

Couple of other notes on the season:
    - Hat tip to Axeman for the most point on the season (with 100 more than the next closest I believe) and finishing with the best record. That's a strong achievement.
    - Hat tip to Peng for starting the season 1-8 and managing to battle through the final weeks to go 5-1 and finish in 11th avoiding relegation. I can relate as I went through a similar battle last season.
    - Tough luck teams this year were rataylor and commish who both had more total points scored than 3 of the 6 playoff teams, but finished in 8th and 12th respectively.

Lastly a shoutout to Peng for commish'ing year in and year out. Thanks for the effort and making it a flawless transition year in and year out. Looking forward to defending the title next year!

Dobber Sports Deity

Congrats Kofax and thanks to all for making it another excellent season.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."