Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DOBBER POOLS ARE UP!!!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default DOBBER POOLS ARE UP!!!

I have sent out the invites from Yahoo to both the Expert division and the Pro division. The Experts draft is scheduled for Sunday, Sept 9th at 7:30pm. The Pro division draft is scheduled for 1 week later on Sept 16th at the same time. The 3rd division draft will be Sept 23rd at 7:30pm. All draft times are central time. The stat categories are the same for all pools and are as follows:

Roto Format:
    F and D: Goals, Assists, Points, plus/minus, and PIM\'s
    Goalies: Wins, Losses, GAA, Save%, Shutouts

Teams will consist of:
    4 centers
    4 right wings
    4 left wings
    6 D-men
    2 Goalies
    5 Bench spots
    2 IR spots

Also Note: In order to be the commish of the leagues, I also have to be entered in each pool. In order for this to happen, I will be drafting my regular team in the pro league, but will draft a team of scrubs and be a non competing 13th member in the two lower divisions. Therefore I can remain in a position to oversee all the leagues, but will have no impact on the results of the 2 lower divisions.

Post edited by: Burnsy, at: 2007/08/28 00:20

Post edited by: Burnsy, at: 2007/08/28 00:37

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re:DOBBER POOLS ARE UP!!!

Burnsy,

I regret that I must decline your invitation to the dobberhockey pro league. Unfortunately there is too much going on in my life for me to compete to the best of my ability.

Good luck to all of those involved. I\'ll be watching.

Best,

T.G.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I hope you don\'t mind a question.

I see your rosters will all have 25 players. I assume you\'re doing a snake draft, so #1 gets first pick 13 times and #12 gets it 12 times.

I was just curious why you didn\'t have an even number of players, so both ends get first pick the same number of times.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Expert

Burnsy, I won\'t be able to attend a draft on the 16th of September, as I will be at the Nascar race in New Hampshire. I haven\'t missed a race there since 1990. Can we move the draft one day onto the Monday evening?

I...am your father.

Sleemans wrote:
    I hope you don\'t mind a question.

I see your rosters will all have 25 players. I assume you\'re doing a snake draft, so #1 gets first pick 13 times and #12 gets it 12 times.

I was just curious why you didn\'t have an even number of players, so both ends get first pick the same number of times.

Thanks

It actually should go
    1-12, 12-1, 12-1 and then go snake from there. My thoughts.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Padawan

Dobber, that\'s not what he\'s asking, he\'s acknowledging that it does. He\' asking why use an odd number when it means that there\'s an extra round where the team with 1st over-all pick goes first. The snake format means that every odd round the #1 pick team gets first pick with 25 rounds he goes first 13 times whereas the last team to pick goes first 12 times. I think it\'s just a formality because by the end or the last round it doesnt have a huge impact.

Dobber Sports Genius

big_dl wrote:
    Dobber, that\'s not what he\'s asking, he\'s acknowledging that it does. He\' asking why use an odd number when it means that there\'s an extra round where the team with 1st over-all pick goes first. The snake format means that every odd round the #1 pick team gets first pick with 25 rounds he goes first 13 times whereas the last team to pick goes first 12 times. I think it\'s just a formality because by the end or the last round it doesnt have a huge impact.
    +1

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I\'m second on the replacement list, and I\'m available on the 16th so if there are people who aren\'t interested, please let Burnsy know so I can join.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

big_dl wrote:
    While you\'re right about what he\'s asking, I think Dobber\'s point was to come up with a draft order that reduces the impact of the first pick getting more \'first picks\'.

Using Dobber\'s 1-12,12-1,12-1 then snake, the #1 pick gets first pick only 12 times and the last team from the first round goes first 13 times...ie. first pick gets #1, 24, 36, 37 and the last pick gets #12, 13, 25, 48.

The proposed ordering would flip the number of \'first picks\' in favour of the #12 guy and makes it a meaningful flip by doing it in the first few rounds.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Burnsy, nothing against the GM who is busy on the 16th, but if you start changing the date, you\'ll never get one that is good for everyone. I run another league and it\'s nearly impossible to get a date that everyone can attend.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hey there,

Not sure if you have already done so, but should I be expecting an invite and if so where should I be looking for it? Thanks! Really looking forward to being in way over my head and doing my best to keep up

Dobber Sports Icon

burnsy... 2 things:

1) in regards to the drafts and people not being able to make them etc... do you really think that we\'ll be able to draft 25 rounds all at once anyways?

Think about it... If there are 12 managers in the league, and 25 rounds, that\'d be 300 total picks... averaging 1 minute per pick that\'d be a 5 hour draft... if we average 2 minutes per pick, the draft would be 10 hours... if we averaged 3 minutes per pick (most reasonable in my eyes), the draft would go 15 hours... It\'s just not reasonable to have a potentially 15 hour draft on a sunday/work night.

was this intended or just a logistical mistake? Should we maybe go to an extended draft format or do you want to leave it as it is? If you leave it like it is, there\'s going to be a lot left up to chance/computer in the later rounds as people will need to get to bed for work in the morning.

-----------------

2) you say here on the site that the drafts all occur at 7:30pm central time on their respective dates. However, when I logged into the league, yahoo says that it\'s scheduled for 7:30 pm EDT. Which time is it? Having people come 1 hour early and think there\'s something wrong with the draft could be a HUGE problem.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

I...am your father.

big_dl wrote:
    You didn\'t read my post. Re-read it. First overall would actually get first pick 12 times. Re-read!

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

doulos wrote:
    Hey there,

Not sure if you have already done so, but should I be expecting an invite and if so where should I be looking for it? Thanks! Really looking forward to being in way over my head and doing my best to keep up
    Emails would have gone out to whatever email you registered in the forum under.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Dobber wrote:It actually should go
    1-12, 12-1, 12-1 and then go snake from there. My thoughts.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply.

Your suggestion would be interesting for sure.

Now I\'ll wait to see if I get an invite for third the league.

Cheers

Post edited by: Sleemans, at: 2007/08/28 13:30