Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Caufield Vs Zegras

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Caufield Vs Zegras

Hi,

In a dinasty league, period only, who do you think is going to have the better career between these two players?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Caufield Vs Zegras

Zegras but it closer than it was before the playoffs started.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ace

Zegras.

This two week heater from Caufield has been nice, but don't let it sway you away from Zegras.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Both are listed 1-2. Zegras must be a clear future superstar, because Caufield is dynamite ��. Is goal, and SOG important?
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Wizard

Huge hype around Canfield and I think kid can push 35 plus goals put point wise in few years I don’t think it will be close…Zegras looks like he will be elite for long time.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

Well, who the hell knows (:

Caulfield has me eating some crow lately, I just didn't see him coming out of the press box and having the impact he has. Then again, I didn't think the Habs stood a chance of getting by the Leafs, Jets or Vegas (:

If you look at these guys numbers it tells a bit of a story. First off, Zegras is a playmaker, Caulfield is a goal scorer. They both ate up the NCAA but honestly, Caulfields' 52 points in 31 games was unbelievable. Zegras put up over PPG in that league, but certainly nothing like what Caufield did in his Senior year. They both excelled in the AHL, very similar points totals which obviously indicated that both were ready for the big league, neither will be back in the AHL. As amazing as Caulfield's Senior year was, what Zegras did at the WJC on the world stage was equally impressive, 27 pts in 12 games. Wow. Caulfield 7 pts in 12 games. Neither were top 5 draft picks, Zegras going 9th and Caulfield going 15, again, pretty damn close.

Another difference with these two is their physical size. Caulfield at 5' 7" and 170 lbs is most definitely on the small side. Zegras at 6' and 173 lbs is certainly no big body but he has room to fill out, I'm not sure Caulfield can add a whole lot of bulk (strength) on that frame. In yester years this is a significant difference, but in today's NHL I'm not sure Caulfields' size is as much of a concern.

So, what does all this mean? I have no idea. Seriously, I too like Zergras' just a bit more than Caulfield. But if Caulfield can do a Martin St Louis impersonation, I'm eating crow again.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports All-Star

I see Zegras being the better overall player. Someone who can score, set up goals and play with some form of physicality. Whereas CC relies a ton on his speed and elusiveness on the ice. CC is a sniper so 35+ goals should be attainable but like I said, Zegras has potential to get 80 points consistently. But like Bubba says, that crow is hovering.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Ace

I think Caufield will be more successful in the next couple of years because he and Suzie look dynamite together and should be the pillars of my Habs for a long time. I do think, though, that once Anaheim surrounds Zegras with more talented wingers, that he’ll catch up to Caufield and eventually surpass him in value. I own both guys, and I am extremely excited for both.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Monster

I think there is enough there for me to say it could go either way long term, but I will go with Zegras because that's who I would have picked before this playoff run. Now, if Caufield is dynamite during the upcoming campaign, we can revisit this. But it's still Zegras for me.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Initiate

I predicted Cole Caufield would score 35-40 goals and look good with Nick Suzuki (because like who didn't?), that being said Trevor Zegras has been insane. Depends if your league is a goal heavy one like my H2H is. Goals get 10 for forwards, 15 for defensemen. Another 5 for PP, and 10 for PK. Extras for goalies and other stuff like penalty shots, over time winners, etc. Whereas assists get only 8. That's it! I'll say this, when I had the 7th overall pick I was mulling back and forth on the two, but when Trevor went 6th, I was relieved because in my heart I was really into Caufield. I can see CC having an outside chance at 50. If he hits that, he's the winner winner chicken dinner here. That being said Zegras should be the better of the two based on pure point production.

But that's based on what ifs. Also, Montreal is a better team and CC is in a good situation with the Max Pacioretty trade piece. Who woulda funked it? Montreal getting the better player back. Okay, maybe not right out of the gate, but he will be. Also love me some Suzuki! Where as Anaheim doesn't have anyone that sticks out for me to play with Zegras.

I am shocked that many people are surprised what Cole is doing. He literally obliterated U18 USDP records, tied Alexander Ovechkin's U18 WJC goal record, and has a release that few can equal, and the ability to find the sweet spots better than anyone. Loves to shoot short side and get in the little inkling of real estate vs. shooting for the more juicier net estate, because he's simply that good. He's a surgeon... he can hit any target with such precision, and needle a pass through high traffic. He can skate in, turn on a dime and use the defender as a screen on their goaltender to get the shot off.. and in doing so finding the back of the net. Kid has so much ways to burn you. He's probably the smartest and most creative goal scorer I have ever seen. The way he thinks the game so fast.. his hockey IQ is elite. And he's also an underrated set up man. Kid can make beautiful plays passing up the shot for a nice pass to an open player.

Can't say how much I love this kid. Should have definitely went top 5.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I guess I made it clear who's my guy. But yeah, it should be close unless you're in a goal heavy league, then it might not. And not for a while. It'll take a while for Trevor to reach his full potential.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Edited my first post in here. Had a ton of mistakes. DAMMIT!

Dobber Sports Stud

Very close. I think both players will be stars in this league.
    If I absolutely have to choose, I go with Caufield based on what he has shown during these playoffs and the fact that his supporting cast is better.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I prefer Zegras upside but he has to get surrounded by better players to reach it. Short term I prefer Caufield and long term it could be close. I would have a hard time chosing if I had that choice.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Caufield was always placed behind Zegras in all ranking, probably because of his size, and because he lacks pure speed and he is only a scorer.

But after watching Habs game, yes he is small, but I see no lack of speed there! And he has the ability to make wonderful pass.

So he is the right package and even next year he might be between 30-35 goals. So I don't see why he would not reach 50g and 80pts in his prime.