Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Sexual Abuse Allegations against former Blackhawks Video Coach (Brad Aldrich)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Sexual Abuse Allegations against former Blackhawks Video Coach (Brad Aldrich)

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Fire. Them. All.

I've always hated Bettman's weaselly lawyer speak to avoid taking responsibility for anything, but for crying out loud will someone not step up and attempt to redress a wrong?
    Now the right thing to do would be for the league to pay for it.

But, Bettman represents 32 teams. 31 other teams have not been caught doing something like this, and why would Seattle have to pay for this when it was Chicago that was the issue. Even if Bettman knew about it, or the NHLPA, why would teams not involved, and owners who might not have known it have to pay. That would be my argument if I'm like Toronto. Why would I be punished for Chicago's issues.

It's pennies, if that, to these guys, but it would open pandora's box over future possible investigations. I get why the NHL wouldn't pay, but if Chicago decides not to pay...that's bad. However, I think John Doe 2 could legal go after CBH and say, "all I want is counselling paid for." and CBH likely would settle quickly.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Sexual Abuse Allegations against former Blackhawks Video Coach (Brad Aldrich)

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Now the right thing to do would be for the league to pay for it.

But, Bettman represents 32 teams. 31 other teams have not been caught doing something like this, and why would Seattle have to pay for this when it was Chicago that was the issue. Even if Bettman knew about it, or the NHLPA, why would teams not involved, and owners who might not have known it have to pay. That would be my argument if I'm like Toronto. Why would I be punished for Chicago's issues.

It's pennies, if that, to these guys, but it would open pandora's box over future possible investigations. I get why the NHL wouldn't pay, but if Chicago decides not to pay...that's bad. However, I think John Doe 2 could legal go after CBH and say, "all I want is counselling paid for." and CBH likely would settle quickly.
    I get that he is responsible to all teams, but they have the 2mil they fined the Hawks to cover costs, and I would argue that offering to pay for the counselling can be done in such a way as to not constitute and admission of liability. It's just disappointing to see that saving a few bucks is more important that helping someone. Ah well.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    I get that he is responsible to all teams, but they have the 2mil they fined the Hawks to cover costs, and I would argue that offering to pay for the counselling can be done in such a way as to not constitute and admission of liability. It's just disappointing to see that saving a few bucks is more important that helping someone. Ah well.
    $1mill of that $2mill fine became donations to counselling centers around Chicago that focused on sexual assault. The other $1mill likely went to peoples salaries that were involved on tip-toeing this whole thing.

And remember the theory the fine was as low as it is because Chicago might have to pay like $100mill in settlements, fines, counsellings, salaries to ppl (Bowman). This could be part of it.

Dobber Sports Titan

"Hawks allowed Aldrich to celebrate with them after their cup win. He felt entitled to the trophy a 2nd time after getting out of prison, on probation as a registered sex offender" a tweet from Ryan Rishaug of TSN.

https://www.tsn.ca/aldrich-granted-s...tion-1.1718657

So 2yrs after he was charged, jailed, and out on probation, the HHOF granted Aldrich a 2nd day with the cup to bring to his company OcuGlass. The HHOF allows past cup winners an additional day with the cup depending if it works out logistically.

This is one of those things where I don't know how the HHOF would know of all of the issues if the Blackhawks buried it. But also, it feels like something a PR person should be able to find pretty easily, but again...he was a no-body...why would there be a look up of him I guess?

The Great One

"Hawks allowed Aldrich to celebrate with them after their cup win. He felt entitled to the trophy a 2nd time after getting out of prison, on probation as a registered sex offender" a tweet from Ryan Rishaug of TSN.

https://www.tsn.ca/aldrich-granted-s...tion-1.1718657

So 2yrs after he was charged, jailed, and out on probation, the HHOF granted Aldrich a 2nd day with the cup to bring to his company OcuGlass. The HHOF allows past cup winners an additional day with the cup depending if it works out logistically.

This is one of those things where I don't know how the HHOF would know of all of the issues if the Blackhawks buried it. But also, it feels like something a PR person should be able to find pretty easily, but again...he was a no-body...why would there be a look up of him I guess?
    I wonder if he contacted the HHOF directly to get the Cup, or if he went through Chicago? If he contacted the HHOF directly, I can see how they wouldn't know that he was a convicted sex offender. If he went through the Hawks to get the Cup...well, that's a different story.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I wonder if he contacted the HHOF directly to get the Cup, or if he went through Chicago? If he contacted the HHOF directly, I can see how they wouldn't know that he was a convicted sex offender. If he went through the Hawks to get the Cup...well, that's a different story.
    I assume directly through HHOF.

Dobber Sports Deity

I hope he's able to finally work to find a better place now that he can put this behind him.

https://twitter.com/rwesthead/status...odvkRjRsQ&s=19

New: Kyle Beach and the Chicago Blackhawks have reached a settlement in Beach’s negligence lawsuit against the team. https://t.co/Lqwc6zgein
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

I had a conversation with someone about the Hawks Cup era today for the first time in a long time. And as I recalled all the scandals, rumors, and Hawk players who I learned to dislike since 2010, it occurred to me that my memories of that era will always be tainted. Sure, I'll always remember the ride of the 3 Cups and all that went along with it but overall I am left with an overwhelming feeling of......Yuck!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

The sad part is everyone now will forget about this. Yes people got fired and people got payed but its yesterdays news which is sad.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    The sad part is everyone now will forget about this. Yes people got fired and people got payed but its yesterdays news which is sad.
    For sure, until the next time any similar news comes out.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Titan

The CBH will now deal with John Doe2.

Also...Bill Guerin replaced Bowman for the TeamUSA GM...replacing a scandal with a scandal. NHL hasn't learned.

Dobber Sports Veteran

The CBH will now deal with John Doe2.

Also...Bill Guerin replaced Bowman for the TeamUSA GM...replacing a scandal with a scandal. NHL hasn't learned.
    Honestly, I didn't really expect them to learn. Nothing will change under Bettman.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Honestly, I didn't really expect them to learn. Nothing will change under Bettman.
    Isn't Hockey USA a seperate entity from the NHL? In fairness, does the NHL or Bettman really have any input on how Hockey USA runs their organization? Hockey USA putting Guerin in place is an oversight all their own making.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Isn't Hockey USA a seperate entity from the NHL? In fairness, does the NHL or Bettman really have any input on how Hockey USA runs their organization? Hockey USA putting Guerin in place is an oversight all their own making.
    I think we all use "NHL" as a blanket term as the culture that is around hockey. Or at least in this instance.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    In general, you see the regurgitation of both coaches/GMs in North American hockey (both in the NHL and for International play although not as much in the latter) despite being linked to scandals or lack of success. I think a major part of that is because Bettman is still living in the stone age, and without a progressive leader sitting a top the highest level organization in the world you'll continue to see teams just take the rinse and repeat approach with these coaches/GMs.