Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Eichel landing spot

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Eichel landing spot

Insert new Chicago GM into the equation... could make a big splash?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Insert new Chicago GM into the equation... could make a big splash?
    Interesting. Don't know. Dach and who else would fit the bill?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Rookie

I can’t see Chicago’s prospect pool getting an eichel deal done. They’ve got nothing to offer.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Can you imagine if Eichel concedes and agrees to the surgery that Buffalo is essentially forcing on him and ... complications take place?

I think there's a serious problem in the current CBA which challenges human rights. THIS situation will likely result in an amendment to the applicable Clause.

I'm not a contract writer, but as it currently states, I believe it gives a little too much control to the team and not enough to the player.

We're not talking about Dress Codes or conduct that must be followed. We're talking about an entertainment entity that can force "SURGERY" on it's employee or prevent that player from playing/carrying out their career for them or another organization. And God knows the NHL is the furthest thing from a "Progressive" entity.

Imagine if the Oilers insisted on McDavid having Knee Surgery 2 years ago rather than allowing him (and his medical team) to rehab using the cutting edge technology that they used? If anyone hasn't watched "Whatever it Takes", I'd recommend it.

Why Buffalo is so dead set against "new technology" is beyond me, but, as with the NHL, not surprising.

Just doesn't feel right to me. Purely my perspective. But if the contract is insured, let the player get the surgery that said player wants to get so that both can go back to reaping the mutual benefits of him playing. And if things go sideways... at the very least, Buffalo regains Cap and Capital (through insurance) and can move on, and Eichel's decision, while perhaps further jeopardizing his health and career, allows him to be empowered to control what invasive procedure is done to HIS body and he continues to collect an insured paycheck.

Dobber Sports Deity

Maybe the contract isn't insured if Eichel gets the surgery that the team Doctors are not recommending. None of us know.

From what I've read, both surgical procedures are normal and both carry a 90% success rate. The surgery Eichel wants isn't a slam dunk sure thing either. What if he gets that surgery and it goes wrong? Buffalo will then be asking themselves why didn't they follow team Doctors advice. I'm sure this is not the first time their Doctors have looked at a player and recommended a surgery for them. You have to consider this from both sides.

Either way, this is a gong show and both sides brunt the blame.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Maybe the contract isn't insured if Eichel gets the surgery that the team Doctors are not recommending. None of us know.

From what I've read, both surgical procedures are normal and both carry a 90% success rate. The surgery Eichel wants isn't a slam dunk sure thing either. What if he gets that surgery and it goes wrong? Buffalo will then be asking themselves why didn't they follow team Doctors advice. I'm sure this is not the first time their Doctors have looked at a player and recommended a surgery for them. You have to consider this from both sides.

Either way, this is a gong show and both sides brunt the blame.
    If Eichel's surgery doesn't work... they can still do the surgery Buffalo wants though.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    If Eichel's surgery doesn't work... they can still do the surgery Buffalo wants though.
    Great point. And I also heard that the Buffalo surgery will have to be repeated every 10-15 years. That’s a long time for a kid Eichel’s age.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Interesting. I wasn't aware of this. Where did you read this at?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Interesting. I wasn't aware of this. Where did you read this at?
    Disc replacement replaces the disc between vertebrae, the spinal fusion stops the vertebrae from moving with a "fusion cage" where the disc would be. So I guess technically you could replace the disc and if it doesn't work, remove the disc and put in the "fusion cage" and screw the vertebrae together?

I've never heard any of the hockey reporters mention this, but reading both surgeries...I can't see why you couldn't do the disc surgery then if it doesn't work go the fusion route. And I would think you really would have to do a bunch of different stuff if you go fusion first because you would have holes in your vertebrae, and added stress to other vertebrae's since one section of your neck isn't moving, the movement would be transferred to other areas.

If it's true you can get disc replacement and if it doesn't work you go the fusion route...omg that would be such a bungle by the Sabres.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Disc replacement replaces the disc between vertebrae, the spinal fusion stops the vertebrae from moving with a "fusion cage" where the disc would be. So I guess technically you could replace the disc and if it doesn't work, remove the disc and put in the "fusion cage" and screw the vertebrae together?

I've never heard any of the hockey reporters mention this, but reading both surgeries...I can't see why you couldn't do the disc surgery then if it doesn't work go the fusion route. And I would think you really would have to do a bunch of different stuff if you go fusion first because you would have holes in your vertebrae, and added stress to other vertebrae's since one section of your neck isn't moving, the movement would be transferred to other areas.

If it's true you can get disc replacement and if it doesn't work you go the fusion route...omg that would be such a bungle by the Sabres.
    Not to mention for Eichel's recovery time.

Dobber Sports Titan

Like if the team allowed him to get it ASAP he could have recovered and been playing (likely) this yr lol. Wow. Just another miss-step by the Sabres. Shocker

Dobber Sports Ace

Like if the team allowed him to get it ASAP he could have recovered and been playing (likely) this yr lol. Wow. Just another miss-step by the Sabres. Shocker
    wouldn’t surprise me at this point. Like the sabres docs are like oh ya, we can do that too
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Exactly! I believe it was a 32 Thoughts Pod where Elliott and Jeff had on the Doc who Eichel had his "2nd Opinion" with who is a proponent (pioneer if memory serves) of this surgery. Apparently the recovery time could be as little as 6 weeks to back on the ice time. And he can start working out within "Days".

And Axe, I get what you said about "maybe the insurance on Jack's contract is void if he goes against Sabres Doc's recommendation". However, what I was getting at is that maybe Sabres Doctors, much like most of the NHL, are already dragging their "progressive feet" unlike the McDavid situation. IF they were a little more "Open Minded" maybe they would not be so opposed to this surgery (eliminating the insurance concern).

Now I get it... a Knee isn't a Neck. However, had the Oiler's Doc's been against McDavid taking the time he needed to naturally rehab his knee and hope with crossed fingers that a severed tendon would somehow "re-attach" without surgical intervention... maybe the same kind of "Stand off" would be taking place in Edmonton. Thankfully it did not. AND... if McDavid's rehab program failed, surgery would still have been an option. This really says something about the Buffalo off ice medical support, or lack there of IMO.

All Doctors are suggesting that Surgery is the ONLY option. One surgury is "Cutting Edge", involves a less invasive procedure with an exponentially advanced recovery time allowing for more natural movement of the neck AND... will does not pose the same imposition on Jack as a Human. Sure, he may have to have the disc replaced in the future as with any artificial "parts", but if memory serves, should all go well, he's looking at maybe 1 more time going under the knife and that's likely after his career is over. With Spinal fusion, I believe the "AVERAGE" patient will face additional fusion correction and likely expansion of that Fusion (to the vertarae above and/or below the site...) every 10 to 15 years. Jack's 25. That sure as hell would give me pause knowing I'm likely facing another 3 to 4 surgeries in my life time.

Given all this, I don't place ANY Blame on Jack himself. And he is the only party involved that has made any changes (replacing his agent). Buffalo has just said "Thou Shalt" and done essentially nothing else other than more recently allowing Jack's camp to share his medical info with interested trading partner teams. This could have been done MONTHS ago.

Buffalo has bungled this situation from the very start. Speaks to the Culture in that Organization.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I don't know if it's just me but I feel like the Eichel rumors are heating up ?
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Titan

Seravelli has again come out and said Eichel and Vegas rumours heating up again. But lets be real, I don't think anyone knows what's happening lol