Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Scheifele to be suspended?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Scheifele to be suspended?

Keep you ****ing head up ... is what this tells me.

I too think that’s harsh. He should have just picked Picked Evans up and dummied him to the ice once or twice. A few $ grand, no harm, no foul.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Keep you ****ing head up ... is what this tells me.

I too think that’s harsh. He should have just picked Picked Evans up and dummied him to the ice once or twice. A few $ grand, no harm, no foul.
    Yep - totally the message to take away here. Well done.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Jets and NHLPA likely appeal it eh?
    They may, but the NHL generally drags out their appeals process in a way that it would be a waste of time. And salaries aren’t paid in the playoffs so he won’t get anything back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Agreed

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    So the NHL referees association, who notoriously does not call penalties, even more so in the playoffs, decided this clean hit was worth a 5 minute major and a game misconduct.

The NHL department of player safety, who go out of their way to not suspend players, especially in the playoffs, just gave a first time offender a 4 game suspension in the second round of the playoffs for this clean hit.

Well. I’m convinced. Must have been a clean hit.
    You really live and die by the judgement of DoPS eh ... and a referee establishment that has never been accused of being crooked?

Oooooo kay. LMAO.

I get your intended point but that right there is one of your more interesting statements.

Dobber Sports Icon

A new standard has now been set as this is definitely a precedent setting decision. Let's see if the NHL DOPS sticks to it.

Cal Clutterbuck should be getting suspended for 4 games tomorrow for knocking Brandon Carlo out. Clutterbuck was skating fast, travelled a long distance, played the body instead of the puck and knocked a guy out with a violent body check.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    They may, but the NHL generally drags out their appeals process in a way that it would be a waste of time. And salaries aren’t paid in the playoffs so he won’t get anything back.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed
    Re the appeals... if he were to appeal, does that not delay the start of the suspension? Or is that only in the reg season? Or am I thinking another sport? Can’t remember.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Oh I’m sorry... I guess you agreed with the non suspension of Wilson too?

DoPS is as unpredictable as the rules are written.

Dobber Sports Sage

He deserves it for not "Keep your head up".
    Are You ****ing kidding me>!
    **** off!
    This game is played way too fast and way to hard for that to be even relevant now. Especially since the puck is on the ice and along the goal line - heads are going to be down.

What is it going to take for you to realize "Keep you head up" is outdated and not valid. To keep the game safe things need to change. Reckless hits like this need to be held accountable.

Does someone have to break their neck before you see that this is necessary advancement in safety?

STILL not even an apology by Scheifele.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    You really live and die by the judgement of DoPS eh ... and a referee establishment that has never been accused of being crooked?

Oooooo kay. LMAO.

I get your intended point but that right there is one of your more interesting statements.
    Right. They’re notoriously crooked for not doing their job. Nobody in the history of the NHL has ever criticized either the DoPS or referees for being overly punitive. And even those, who notoriously hate doing their job and go out of their way at every turn to not do their job, decided this perfectly clean hit from a first time offender was the thing that would make them be crooked in the opposite direction for the first time ever.

Now that you’ve presented your argument this way, boy oh boy am I convinced.

And just so I’m firmly on the record here…do I agree with this decision by DoPS? Absolutely not! It’s too low

Do I agree with their decision on Tom Wilson? Absolutely not! It’s too low.

Do I agree with their decision on Nazem Kadri? Absolutely not! It’s too low.

Do I agree with any decision the DoPS has made in the last 10 years? Absolutely not. It’s always too low. Because that’s what they do. They don’t take their job seriously, they never apply suspensions in a way that actually deters offenders from repeating their actions, they don’t actually protect the safety of players, and they’re a group of Neanderthal mouth breathers who wish the game would go back to the way it was in the 70s. So if even those losers felt that this hit from a first time offender deserved a 4 game suspension in the second round of the playoffs, well, it was probably clean then!

Dobber Sports Star

It’s interesting to me. This coming from a 50 year old fan of hockey with Scott Stevens as his avatar. I appreciated huge hits back in the day; part of me still appreciates it. But we need to protect the players. The game needs to change; we need to do better. “Charging” needs to be better defined. Officiating needs to be consistent. Fighting needs to be removed from the game. I don’t know if I would call the hit “malicious”, but it was definitely violent as Rataylor has pointed out. It was definitely intentional. The game will be better without those hits. It’s time…

Rylant

Agreed

Dobber Sports Stud

With the game being so fast nowadays, with the obstruction / hooking mostly taken out, you need to protect players and hold them accountable.

The argument that Evans should have held his head up, etc. is easy to use but Scheifele's intent is so blatantly clear. Like you should anticipate that a car is about to run you over on the street. Even if Evans' head is up, it is still a dangerous and premeditated run at a player who doesn't have the puck anymore. Maybe Justin Faulk should have looked over his shoulder instead of admiring the puck and Kadri should not have been suspended while we're at it.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    With the game being so fast nowadays, with the obstruction / hooking mostly taken out, you need to protect players and hold them accountable.

The argument that Evans should have held his head up, etc. is easy to use but Scheifele's intent is so blatantly clear. Like you should anticipate that a car is about to run you over on the street. Even if Evans' head is up, it is still a dangerous and premeditated run at a player who doesn't have the puck anymore. Maybe Justin Faulk should have looked over his shoulder instead of admiring the puck and Kadri should not have been suspended while we're at it.
    ^^^

Puck is on the ice after all. Especially along the goal line // in front of the net players will be looking down.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Pro

Can we be honest.
    If Evans isn't knocked out, this may not have been a penalty. Instead players would have squared off and one or 2 fight would have broken out.
    I feel for Evans and I hope the kid is OK....

I really do not understand how people think that Scheifele was not going to hit him. What does he do there? Nothing?

Going the other way, if Connor pulls that move, Weber is destroying him. So would any other player in a playoff series.

It looked bad, we do not want predatory hits in the game. I am fine with the 4 game suspension, but it simply reflects the fact that Evans was stretchered off.