Poll: Winnipeg vs Montreal

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: North Finals: Winnipeg Jets vs Montreal Canadiens

Big Daddy

Default Re: North Finals: Winnipeg Jets vs Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    So likely its going to be a $5,000 fine, a slap on the wrist, and an opening face-off fight against Weber?
    Perry.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Penalties at the end of a loss game mean jack shit and it's stupid to even think about. Who cares that he got 5 min and a 10min game when there's only less than 1 min in the game. It. is. irrelevant.
    This is so obvious, the players know it, and needs to be addressed. I hate when this is even an consideration when it had not bearing on the outcome of the game.

Scheifele would of had better luck going for the puck but instead played the body. Knew exactly what he was doing. Attempt to injure (whether he consciously meant to or not) it happened.

Give Habs a 15minute powerplay to start next game if you want the penalty to actually have meaning.
    assuming Scheifele comes back this series, no doubt the first game back MTL comes after him, whether it be cheap shots all day or an outright fight. Isn't that considered an attempt to injure? Edmundson already came out and said they were coming for him
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    assuming Scheifele comes back this series, no doubt the first game back MTL comes after him, whether it be cheap shots all day or an outright fight. Isn't that considered an attempt to injure? Edmundson already came out and said they were coming for him
    I said that to a MTL buddy of mine. If Scheif gets hurt on a slash, or hit...the league needs to take a much harder look at the play than they would if Edmundson didn't say anything.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Icon

I still have no idea how what grounds the NHL is going to suspend Scheifele. A suspension for charging because of "distance travelled" would mean that the NHL has the right to suspend any player at any time for anything they feel like.

How many times a game does a team dump the puck in and then hit the dman who picks the puck up? That player would have travelled just as far as Scheifele did and that player likely would not have stopped skating at the top of the circles like Scheifele did. Should every one of those players be suspended?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The way you've articulated your side of the argument suggests you might be in the class.
    You and DusterDave are correct. I am often guilty of hanging on a little tight where the Habs are concerned. Please accept my apologies. I feel very strongly that this hit was in no way a hockey play and was in no way an acceptable hit. He hit him after he scored the goal just like Hunter did to Turgeon (Hunter got 21 games from Bettman). He hit him with no other intent than to injure him. The goal had already been scored. Watch the hit again and tell me why he hit him the way he did - after the puck was in the net. It's a gutless dirty dangerous hit and is a shining example of a player showing complete disrespect for the game and a fellow player. You are all entitled to you opinions as well. But I will admit I don't understand how you can see this as anything but complete garbage.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Scheife should be suspended for rest of this series. That was a dirty hit at the wrong time with intent to injure. I do like winnipeg and was chearing for them but I switched teams on after that hit and hope montreal wins with scheifele wathcing from the stands.
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    You and DusterDave are correct. I am often guilty of hanging on a little tight where the Habs are concerned. Please accept my apologies. I feel very strongly that this hit was in no way a hockey play and was in no way an acceptable hit. He hit him after he scored to goal just like Hunter did to Turgeon (Hunter got 21 games from Bettman). He hit him with no other intent than to injure him. The goal had already been scored. Watch the hit again and tell me why he hit him the way he did - after the puck was in the net. It's a gutless dirty dangerous hit and is a shining example of a player showing complete disrespect for the game and a fellow player. You are all entitled to you opinions as well. But I will admit I don't understand how you can see this as anything but complete garbage.
    For me, it's more that I don't trust the NHL to police the game properly to protect players. It's always been a mirage the NHL has done to say they'll protect the athletes, and they really don't care because the reaction for things has always been "It's not an issue unless someone gets hurt" then the play becomes dangerous. They've never addressed boarding and how dangerous plays are 4ft from the boards are, and they won't until someone is seriously hurt.

If I'm in charge, I call games the same in the post season in hopes it keeps the emotions in check before stuff boils over. Because to me that's what's happening here. So I do agree it's a dumb play, but I'm also saying the NHL has set themselves up for this to happen. So I'm trying to see it from the NHL, and with the possibility of the NHLPA (union) only fighting for the hitters rights and not the guy getting hits rights.

I really don't see the physical hit as an issue, it's stuff outside the hit that's the obvious issues. The after the play, that's slow mo stuff. The time the pucks in vs the hit is so short. That's a tough thing to really be like, "He can't do that because it was in the net" because it's playing until the whistle, but the flip side is there is a reason why Scheif was the only Jet back for the play. Everyone else accepted the goal as a result of the play.

What the league should do and the bar they've already set are so far off from each other that I can't say Scheif should be getting more than 5 games.

And in reality, it's Scheifele's first time back checking and he'll get suspended for it, so he'll never do it again.

Dobber Sports Ace

Lol that’ll teach him to back check!
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

D:
    ​IR:
    NA:

Big Daddy

I gave my opinion on the entire incident, all things considered. So I won’t just repeat myself and talk in circles. I do however see both sides to the argument. I can see why a lot of people are upset with the play and are calling for suspension, but I also see the flip side of the argument in the points I mentioned previously. After watching the hit several times and reading both sides of the argument, I’ll stick with my original thoughts.

As far as suspension goes, I can see him getting 1-2 games max, but it’s just as likely he only gets the classic $5000 fine.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    I gave my opinion on the entire incident, all things considered. So I won’t just repeat myself and talk in circles. I do however see both sides to the argument. I can see why a lot of people are upset with the play and are calling for suspension, but I also see the flip side of the argument in the points I mentioned previously. After watching the hit several times and reading both sides of the argument, I’ll stick with my original thoughts.

As far as suspension goes, I can see him getting 1-2 games max, but it’s just as likely he only gets the classic $5000 fine.
    i’m with ya here. What’ll be more interesting is what happening when he comes back
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

D:
    ​IR:
    NA:

Big Daddy

Evans out indefinitely with a concussion. Now we wait on Player Safety.

Dobber Sports Sage

You let this reckless behaviour continue and it's just going to lead to even more injuries.
    Or you can suspend him for the intent to injure it was and let that be that.
    They are professionals they know what their doing. He lost the play and the only reason to throw that hit was to cause injury (I'm not saying he meant to concuss him, but to bang him up like with any big hit), but a serious injury did occur and that needs be taken into account.

I don't want to see Montreal try and seek justice. I want to see a hockey game with the focus of winning, not retribution.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Big Daddy

I don't want to see Montreal try and seek justice. I want to see a hockey game with the focus of winning, not retribution.
    Whether it is suspension worthy or not, the league’s main interest is bringing eyes on the sport, player safety is secondary. As much as people say they hate script fighting etc, we all know viewership will be a lot higher if Scheifele is in for Game 2. We’ve seen this proven in the past. Very curious to see what the ruling is today.

Dobber Sports Titan

You let this reckless behaviour continue and it's just going to lead to even more injuries.
    Or you can suspend him for the intent to injure it was and let that be that.
    They are professionals they know what their doing. He lost the play and the only reason to throw that hit was to cause injury (I'm not saying he meant to concuss him, but to bang him up like with any big hit), but a serious injury did occur and that needs be taken into account.

This is a tough road to lead down on "he meant to hurt him because he delivered a hit" because then anyone hurt by a hit is an intent to injure. Not saying you're wrong, but it's a road if the NHL takes, then you gotta keep going down that road. AKA, Chiarot on his Tavares hit, you hit to hurt the guy so Tavares ended up getting hurt (extreme example though) so it's intent to injure because the result is injured.

Again, not saying you're right or wrong, but the NHL has to keep in mind you set that as a future example. If a player slashes someone and they end up getting hurt, is it intent to injure or was the result of the play just an injury?

What I do miss is the Shanahan era of DoPS where they released detailed videos on why the suspension occurred. Which to my knowledge isn't happening to the same degree. So at least at the end of the suspension we can understand the factors that came into effect when they made their decision.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    This is a tough road to lead down on "he meant to hurt him because he delivered a hit" because then anyone hurt by a hit is an intent to injure. Not saying you're wrong, but it's a road if the NHL takes, then you gotta keep going down that road. AKA, Chiarot on his Tavares hit, you hit to hurt the guy so Tavares ended up getting hurt (extreme example though) so it's intent to injure because the result is injured.

Again, not saying you're right or wrong, but the NHL has to keep in mind you set that as a future example. If a player slashes someone and they end up getting hurt, is it intent to injure or was the result of the play just an injury?

What I do miss is the Shanahan era of DoPS where they released detailed videos on why the suspension occurred. Which to my knowledge isn't happening to the same degree. So at least at the end of the suspension we can understand the factors that came into effect when they made their decision.
    Two completely different incidents. Not even the same can't even compare. Could probably youtube a closer comparable, if it wasn't blocked at work

@DusterDave
    Scheifele doesn't need to be in the lineup for there to be fights. He's not a fighter anyway. Him on the Ice does enable things to continue instead of player A fights player B and that's that.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24