Thread: Leafs vs Jets //// Habs vs Jets Which teams do you like.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Leafs vs Jets //// Habs vs Jets Which teams do you like.

If the Leafs win tonight which team do you like in next series Leafs or Jets.

And if Habs win who do you like, Habs or Jets?

Jets were regular season .500 vs Leafs and .667 vs Habs.

Thanks for your thoughts guys. I have some decisions to make regarding all this but the Leafs vs Jets or Habs vs Jets POLL tomorrow
    will be too late to help.

I'm guessing Leafs win tonight and then take out the Jets.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My NON-DRAFT SC team b4 Leafs/Habs 7th Game. Skaters..G and A 1 pt each. Goalies..Win 2 + 1 more for SO. We weren't allowed to put Mac or McD on our teams.
    We get 14 "Moves" for the Play Offs, meaning if one of my players is eliminated I can replace him with any player still alive going forward. I now have 12 "Moves" left. And we have a way of dealing with injuries which is NOT related to our 14 "Moves".
    Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Point, Kucherov, Hedman, Marchand, Pasta, Stone, Aho, Svech, Canes Goalies, Landy, Rantanen, Makar. We have to have one dman on our team for as long as possible.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Leafs vs Jets //// Habs vs Jets Which teams do you like.

If the Leafs win I think it would be an interesting series against the Jets.

Some big keys would be:

If Tavares is able to come back
    How Leafs deal with the loss of Muzzin
    If Hellebuyck plays as well as he did against Oilers.

I think that the Jets might be able to take this series deep and then win it!

If the Canadiens win... I would take the Jets.

And last night we saw how important a long rest was when the Avs walked all over the Knights.
    With so few breaks all year, I think the prolonged break is huge.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I think the Jets will beat whoever comes out of the series. Having some rest and a healthy Ehlers makes them very dangerous. Price is the Habs only chance and unlike the Habs, the Jets have the depth to beat the Leafs. And as we’ve seen in the Leafs/Habs series, regular season means squat. Who knows but should be a helluva series either way.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Deity

If Hellebuyck keeps playing the way he is, the Jets are a very dangerous team that should beat either of the other two Canadian teams.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'll stick with my official picks

If Habs win - Jets in 5.

Jets can play the Habs style of game. They have more skill to go with it. I don't like this match-up for Mtl - at all.

If Leafs win - Leafs in 6

Edm never got to the net on Helle on a sustained level to create the chances you have to create in the playoffs to give a top G trouble.
    The Leafs have done a better job than Edm vs. Mtl. Carey Price has been brilliant & is the only reason this has gone 7 games.

Wpg plays a bit more like Tor than Mtl - which means AM will have more time and space. They can get caught up in run & gun offensive games. As closely as they are matched at forward - Not good for jets over 7 games.

I suspect Tavares will be back around game 3. Foligno can really make a net-front presence on a second line for the Leafs - which they will need(& his presence needs to be felt for game 7 for them to get to the Jets series).
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    If the Leafs win I think it would be an interesting series against the Jets.

Some big keys would be:

If Tavares is able to come back
    How Leafs deal with the loss of Muzzin
    If Hellebuyck plays as well as he did against Oilers.

I think that the Jets might be able to take this series deep and then win it!

If the Canadiens win... I would take the Jets.

And last night we saw how important a long rest was when the Avs walked all over the Knights.
    With so few breaks all year, I think the prolonged break is huge.
    These are basically my thoughts on this. Coming into the playoffs I didn't think there was much chance of the Leafs NOT making it out of the North. But alas, they're coming up dry again and even if they squeak through tonight, Winnipeg is a much tougher opponent.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Jets / Jets

The best goaltending in the division, talented and deep at forward and the defence has played very well. I don't see the Jets being beaten by either Montreal or Toronto. Yes, Toronto would likely be a tougher out and as a hockey fan, that's the match I want to watch.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks very much guys. A little surprised most posters had the Jets over the Leafs AND the Habs. Jets over the Habs and Leafs over Jets were the other 2 picks.
    As I have 3 Leafs on my team (below) I really hope they win tonight. Then I won't have to use any "Moves" to replace them. (Damn it, Habs just scored). So good to
    know you guys prefer Jets over Habs if Canadians win tonight.
    Thanks again. REPPED all who I could.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My NON-DRAFT SC team b4 Leafs/Habs 7th Game. Skaters..G and A 1 pt each. Goalies..Win 2 + 1 more for SO. We weren't allowed to put Mac or McD on our teams.
    We get 14 "Moves" for the Play Offs, meaning if one of my players is eliminated I can replace him with any player still alive going forward. I now have 12 "Moves" left. And we have a way of dealing with injuries which is NOT related to our 14 "Moves".
    Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Point, Kucherov, Hedman, Marchand, Pasta, Stone, Aho, Svech, Canes Goalies, Landy, Rantanen, Makar. We have to have one dman on our team for as long as possible.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Ace

still hope mtl beat wpg and long long after finally meet Boston in finale (ok ok i know won't probably happen)
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)