Thread: John Davidson

Dobber Sports Stud

Question John Davidson

returns to Columbus

can anyone confirm this ?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl...ons/ar-AAKb29y
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: John Davidson

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Aaron Portzline @Aportzline
    2m
    The Athletic: After two seasons with the New York Rangers, John Davidson is returning to the Blue Jackets as president of hockey operations … the same job he held in Columbus from 2012-2019

CAN-AM National Hockey League ~ 6th Year
    CAN-AM United Hockey League ~ 6th Year
    CAN-AM Memorial Hockey League ~ 6th Year
    CAN-AM Hockey Association - 1st year

Dobber Sports Deity

Good move for the Blue Jackets. He was a big part of them finding any success. I didnt expect him to be out of work for long.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

And the wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round....round and round. The wheels of the bu...…..good for CBJ
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by CAN-AM Commish View Post
    Aaron Portzline @Aportzline
    2m
    The Athletic: After two seasons with the New York Rangers, John Davidson is returning to the Blue Jackets as president of hockey operations … the same job he held in Columbus from 2012-2019
    He was only in New York for 2 years!?! Feels like way longer.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/statu...65905966764032

#CBJ have now made it official: John Davidson is returning as president of hockey operations and alternate governor, under a five-year contract.

GM Jarmo Kekalainen gets a two-year contract extension and is now under contract with the club through 2024-25.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Other than Ohio being barron of almost anything interesting... and a CBJ a small market team I don't know why players don't want to go there?
    It's not like Winnipeg where it's either -40 or mosquito season
    or Arizona where nothing ever goes right
    or Vancouver where there are heavily meddling owners & an incompetent GM.

If as a player you don't want the media spotlight (IE: Phil Kessel) I would think Columbus wouldn't be horrible.

(side note, even hiking podcasts make fun of Ohio)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Other than Ohio being barron of almost anything interesting... and a CBJ a small market team I don't know why players don't want to go there?
    It's not like Winnipeg where it's either -40 or mosquito season
    or Arizona where nothing ever goes right
    or Vancouver where there are heavily meddling owners & an incompetent GM.

If as a player you don't want the media spotlight (IE: Phil Kessel) I would think Columbus wouldn't be horrible.

(side note, even hiking podcasts make fun of Ohio)
    The Athletic [Paywall, of course] did a great article on this with anonymous interviews with former players: https://theathletic.com/2546910/2021...ed-to-overpay/

The short answers: Young guys want to meet girls and be famous in major cities, the constant tough negotiations & tough coaching wear on people (though they love Jarmo and Torts, maybe not all of them Torts), and the general sense is the organization is always playing with an eye on future considerations and not winning this season - so why would you commit (and potentially at a discount) if they won't?

Edit to add my own $0.02 - One thing that never gets brought up (at least in what I've read over the years) is how do the WAGs perceive Columbus? If the wife or GF is not on board with Ohio over the other soon-to-be 31 metro areas available, the player isn't signing there no matter how much Jarmo & JD offer to overpay.

The Great One

I travel a lot and have spent quite a bit of time in Columbus and seen a number of CBJ games. It’s a wonderful city. The downtown is great - it’s a nice walking city. There seem to be plenty of bars and pretty girls and a good night life. It’s got a great feel to it. All they need to do to attract some star talent is win. That solves a lot of perception issues. I guess it’s a little bit of a cart/horse situation.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch