Thread: Pickups for the week

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Pickups for the week

I'm in my semis (had a bye the first round), and I'm facing a decently tough opponent. He's got McDavid and Pastrnak on his team. Luckily McDavid's ridiculous 3G 1A night was mostly offset by Evander Kane's 1G 3A night, and I'm up on him 9 points to 5. Obviously I need this week, and I'm looking to maximize my offensive stats. My goaltending is (I believe) solid, although I think I have to bench Lankinen against Tampa. I have 3 wire moves for the week, and I think the first move is going to have to be Mike Reilly for one of the following:

Josh Norris - Been a beast lately and boosts my faceoffs, but barely shoots
    Ryan Nugent Hopkins - High ceiling, powerplay time, might offset opponent's McDavid points, if on the PP, but doesn't shoot a ton and questionably reliable.
    Nick Bonino - Great PP production recently, lots of points, some faceoffs, but low ice time and low shots, meaning questionable reliability
    Mike Hoffman - Tons of points and PPP recently, OK shots, but no faceoffs and super low minutes
    Andre Burakovsky - great deployment, huge minutes, top line, tons of PPP recently, but is dependent on team continuing like this and might be bumped on Rantanen's return.

My roster is pretty fixed, only that one spot really has any wiggle room. Whoever I pick up is probably going to be dropped on Saturday night to pick up Vrana or Saros (depending on how everything looks, Vrana if things are tight and I need the sunday start, or Saros just to avoid my opponent grabbing him and having to play him next week). Who would you guys go with?
    Yahoo 10 team H2H league (1 year)
    Positions: 2C, 4W, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN
    Forward Categories: G, A, P,+/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW
    Goalie Categories: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: A. Matthews, A. Kopitar, V. Trochek
    W: P. Kane, B. Tkachuk, J. Guentzel, E. Kane, T. Hall, T. Hertl, T. Teravainen
    D: D. Hamilton, V. Hedman, A. Pietrangelo, Mike Reilly
    G: S. Varlamov, R. Lehner, P. Grubauer
    IR: J. Eichel

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Pickups for the week

30/31 NHL teams play on Saturday night... so Reilly won't bump out your top 4D for a start that night.
    And Ottawa played last night.

So... all you seem to get is ONE Wed-Apr28 start from Reilly.
    To me... that's not worth making a drop.

If you want to pick up a keen-move... look at Detroit/TB players.
    Those two teams play B2B on Sat/Sun. That is the ONLY game on Sunday.

I would NOT wait to try to claim Vrana late Saturday.
    I'd be considering making that move now... wouldn't the other GM possibly be hip to that scheduling quirk???

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Pickups for the week

No, MIKE reilly, not morgan. I get a tuesday and Thursday start from him if I keep, or the following:

Josh Norris - Only get a Wed Start, have to do a second move (probably not worth it, though I could pick up Norris for Wed and then Vrana for Thurs/sun)
    Ryan Nugent Hopkins - Wed/Thu start. +1 game overall
    Nick Bonino - Wed/Thu start. +1 game overall
    Mike Hoffman - Wed/Thu start. +1 game overall
    Andre Burakovsky - Wed/Fri start. +1 game overall

Any move I make will only net me +1 start individually. I have to do it over 2 moves to net more (i.e, take a wed/thu guy and drop for friday guy and/or Vrana). If I take Vrana now, I lose 1 start and potentially downgrade the quality of 2 starts. Just me being OCD and trying to min/max the effects of 2 movements.
    Yahoo 10 team H2H league (1 year)
    Positions: 2C, 4W, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN
    Forward Categories: G, A, P,+/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW
    Goalie Categories: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: A. Matthews, A. Kopitar, V. Trochek
    W: P. Kane, B. Tkachuk, J. Guentzel, E. Kane, T. Hall, T. Hertl, T. Teravainen
    D: D. Hamilton, V. Hedman, A. Pietrangelo, Mike Reilly
    G: S. Varlamov, R. Lehner, P. Grubauer
    IR: J. Eichel