Thread: Red flag/Report worthy?!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Red flag/Report worthy?!

Hey guys,

Just wanted your opinions on if you'd report this one to yahoo and if so, how you even go about doing that?

Basically, a guy that was clearly not advancing to the semi-final and has now been eliminated dropped Holtby who has been lights out as of late for Tokarski who has had 5 GAA his last two games. The move makes no sense to me and I'll be interested to see if any of the other teams that have advanced really reach to acquire him.

Thoughts?
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Red flag/Report worthy?!

Can you even red flag someone? Didn't know that.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Can you even red flag someone? Didn't know that.
    Oh I have no idea... I just meant is this a red flag? Be a great feature to add in though. LOL

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by The Maritimer View Post
    Oh I have no idea... I just meant is this a red flag? Be a great feature to add in though. LOL
    I mean people always make bad drops. Nothing you can do.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Did he drop Holtby before or after he was eliminated? While he likely wasn't going to win his matchup, could have just been a Hail Mary move. Maybe needed a win or some boosted stats, and Tokarski was the best of the limited available players. Just sounds like a bad drop. Hate to see it, but it happens

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by nswanson8 View Post
    Did he drop Holtby before or after he was eliminated? While he likely wasn't going to win his matchup, could have just been a Hail Mary move. Maybe needed a win or some boosted stats, and Tokarski was the best of the limited available players. Just sounds like a bad drop. Hate to see it, but it happens
    Technically, Holtby was dropped after he was eliminated. He would have put the move in yesterday which was the last day of his match-up... one that he was extremely unlikely to win.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Not a lot to do here. as mentioned, people make bad drops. There is a waiver system that will determine who makes the pickup so its hard to call collusion or anything like that.
    2023 Champ
    11 Teams - 24 player rosters - 12 Keepers (max 2 goalies)
    Yahoo rotisserie - 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN ,2IR
    G, A, PPP, SHP, HITS, +-, PIM, BK, GS, W,GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Lindholm, Stephenson, Norris
    LW: Robertson,
    Fiala, Bertuzzi, Boldy,
    RW: Miller, Tarasenko, Seguin, Ehlers
    D: Hamilton, Karlsson,
    Bouchard, Nurse, Dobson, Larsson
    G: Hellebuyck, Shesterkin
    B: Husso, Tippett, McCabe, TT.

Dobber Sports Titan

I mean... adding tokarski who was playing and dropping Holtby who wasn't sounds exactly like someone making a last ditch effort to win their league. Holtby has been a backup most of the year. Completely valid move.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

as mentioned, on teh surface its a just a bad move, but as EB says it looks more like a hail mary / last ditch /going down kickin type move.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Superstar

As everyone else has said:
    1. as a Hail Mary, dropping a non-playing goalie for a playing one is legit.
    2. If after he is eliminated his roster should lock.

If it is #1 not an issue. If he did it too late but thought he was on time attempting to do #1 (possible in a yahoo league) its not sketchy just uninformed, ideally the commissioner would reverse the move. If it is #2 it's sketchy and annoying as it could disturb the competitive balance of the remaining playoffs, ideally the commissioner would reverse.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree that's it is really about timing. I made a couple moves that in a vaccuum, would look questionable in the last week. I wasn't dropping any star players, but a guy like Holtby? Sure, I dropped Allen.

If my commissioner had issues, the answer would've been, "I'm trying to win my playoff matchup." I don't care about what happens next week if I'm not there. The only matchup I lost was due to Hedman's late game heroics in the last game to finish.

Any action to counter my moves on his part would've resulted in a nuclear response from me, because stopping people from making legitimate moves to try and win is acting in a manner which is contrary to league fairness.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by The Maritimer View Post
    Technically, Holtby was dropped after he was eliminated. He would have put the move in yesterday which was the last day of his match-up... one that he was extremely unlikely to win.
    Can you clarify please? The first sentence sounds like he was out already officially (matchup over) but then you said he put the move in the last day of the matchup where he was 'unlikely to win'.

Irrespective of the likelihood of winning, did this manager make the move for the matchup that was still in progress, or was this move made that would appear on his roster after the matchup finished? If the latter, is it possible that it was a pre-emptive move in case he somehow won that matchup? When did Tokarski appear on his roster?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Can you clarify please? The first sentence sounds like he was out already officially (matchup over) but then you said he put the move in the last day of the matchup where he was 'unlikely to win'.

Irrespective of the likelihood of winning, did this manager make the move for the matchup that was still in progress, or was this move made that would appear on his roster after the matchup finished? If the latter, is it possible that it was a pre-emptive move in case he somehow won that matchup? When did Tokarski appear on his roster?
    He would have had the move in on Sunday to be effective on Monday at like 4AM, which was the beginning of the semi-finals. He was officially eliminated Sunday night... and tbh it didn't look like he was moving on well before that.

Just seems odd is all since Holtby was lined up to play OTT a few times early on whereas Tokarski had just had two back to back 5 GAA games. The argument that he may have been preparing for next week just doesn't hold up imo.