Thread: Rotisserie League Goalie Strategy Question - Cut Halak?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Rotisserie League Goalie Strategy Question - Cut Halak?

This is my first year in rotisserie hockey, and I'm realizing that I've gotten myself into an interesting situation with goalie game maximums. League not in sig.

I've got the Winnipeg tandem, plus Halak. I'm going to hit games played maximums with about 8 games left in the season with no starts from Halak. With Halak coming off IR soon, I could cut him and grab an extra skater that would help me lock up the league win, as I'm currently in first, and while some teams may catch up in some goalie categories, I have a 20 point overall lead, and the maximum I can see losing in the goalie categories is 10 points, and half of that is in the shutouts category with teams getting 2-3 shutouts the rest of the way.

However, it's a dynasty league, and I'm torn about what to do for a 3rd goalie next year. Halak has been a solid backup for years and is reliable, but may not be back in Boston. My minors is Kahkonen, Swayman, and Vladar. Keeping Halak feels safer than trusting one of the rookies, but there's no guarantee I'm doing this well next season.

I'm leaning towards cutting Halak when he comes off IR, does that make sense?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Rotisserie League Goalie Strategy Question - Cut Halak?

Yes I would cut Halak here. He probably won't start too much anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Yes I would cut Halak here. He probably won't start too much anyway.
    Wanted to give you some rep, but couldn't - need to spread more around.

I am definitely cutting Halak, but for a weird reason - somebody in a 16 team dynasty league cut Juuse Saros, and my waiver claim got him. I've been percolating up the list waiting for a good enough player to show up to burn a top 5 waiver priority, and a bonafide starting goalie fits the bill.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Wanted to give you some rep, but couldn't - need to spread more around.

I am definitely cutting Halak, but for a weird reason - somebody in a 16 team dynasty league cut Juuse Saros, and my waiver claim got him. I've been percolating up the list waiting for a good enough player to show up to burn a top 5 waiver priority, and a bonafide starting goalie fits the bill.
    ha fell into your lap. it's nice when waivers actually work out, most of the time it doesnt amount to much
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Halak definitely won't be back in Boston and didn't play well when Rask was hurt.

sounds like it worked out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    ha fell into your lap. it's nice when waivers actually work out, most of the time it doesnt amount to much
    Strangely, I find waivers to be pretty useful in the leagues I'm in - however, I joined 2 this year.

My claims over 3 dynasty leagues: Juuse Saros, Cal Petersen, Dustin Brown, Rasmus Andersson, and Bryan Rust (cap league with special waiver rules, few players hit waivers, most are straight drops). 4 guys who certinaly have use beyond this year, and Brown, who's been well worth the move.