Thread: Rebuild Question Looking 1-3 Years Ahead! Keller or Horvat/Cozens

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Rebuild Question Looking 1-3 Years Ahead! Keller or Horvat/Cozens

Hello Everyone! First time posting here so appreciate any and all advice.

Our pickup/drop and trade deadline is next Monday and have decided to rebuild my team (already flipped the majority of my team) but am curious as to everyone's thoughts on who has more potential moving forward as I am trying to round out potential last moves and solidify potential keepers for next season...

Clayton Keller: '21-'22 $7,000,000 & '22-'23 $7,500,000 & '23-'24 $6,000,000

or

Bo Horvat: '21-'22 $5,775,000 & '22-'23 $4,450,000
    and
    Dylan Cozens: '21-'22 $925,000 & '22-'23 $832,500

I know teams matter in my league as +/- is huge but like I said primarily looking 1-3 years out. (League settings and current team in signature).

Thanks!
    32 Team Salary Cap Dynasty - Fantrax
    Start: 12F, 6D, 2G - Scoring: G/A 1, SOG/Hit/Blk 0.1, W/SHO 1, SV 0.05

F:
    Bemstrom, Meier, Danault, Fantilli, Di Giuseppe, Greenway,
    Hischier, W. Johnston, P. Kane, Marchment,
    Palat, Seguin, Blackwell, Merela, Reaves.

D:
    Ceci, DeAngelo, Girard, Liljegren,
    N. Lundkvist, Walman, Schmidt, Emberson.

G: Sorokin, Quick, Kochetkov.

Minors: Arcuri, Misiak, Nesterenko, Perreault, Ponomayov,

T. Robertson, Simontaival, Soderblom, A. Thompson, Unger Sorum,
    S. Walker, J. Wise, Brunet, Hollowell, Honka, Mynio, Nause,
    Commesso, Hamrla, Portillo, Svedeback, Makiniemi.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Rebuild Question Looking 1-3 Years Ahead! Keller or Horvat/Cozens

Questions: What is the cap number, and are the lineups 12F-6D-1G, or something else?

I really hate +/-, and won't try and predict it, because frankly, I can't do so with any accuracy. Ryan Graves is an example. He didn't change teams, just defense partners, and look at the drastic difference. He was +40 last year, and is only +12 this year, with +14 of that +12 coming in the last month, he was -2 before that. Yes, the +40 was crazy high, but it's been Jekyll & Hyde this year.

I like Horvat & Cozens to outscore Keller. Last 4 years go Keller, Horvat, Horvat, and this year Horvat's pace is barely ahead. Then add in Cozens, and it should be pretty clear moving forward.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The cap this year was $81.5m.

Yes so its 12 forwards, 6 dmen, 1 goalie, and 4 bench spots. I agree that plus minus is far too unpredictable so I try to focus on pure talent and scoring upside. Horvat for me seems like a steady producer with lots of PP time where Keller they cant seem to find a spot in the line up for him as he bounces around. I dont know why but I am drawn to Kellers upside but hard to continue paying top dollar for someone who hasnt proven he can truly perform to that salary.

I appreciate the advice and am leaning the Horvat and Cozens route just to have more options for keepers for next season, including a talented one still in his rookie contract. Especially if next year he gets the green light to join Eichel on the top line!
    32 Team Salary Cap Dynasty - Fantrax
    Start: 12F, 6D, 2G - Scoring: G/A 1, SOG/Hit/Blk 0.1, W/SHO 1, SV 0.05

F:
    Bemstrom, Meier, Danault, Fantilli, Di Giuseppe, Greenway,
    Hischier, W. Johnston, P. Kane, Marchment,
    Palat, Seguin, Blackwell, Merela, Reaves.

D:
    Ceci, DeAngelo, Girard, Liljegren,
    N. Lundkvist, Walman, Schmidt, Emberson.

G: Sorokin, Quick, Kochetkov.

Minors: Arcuri, Misiak, Nesterenko, Perreault, Ponomayov,

T. Robertson, Simontaival, Soderblom, A. Thompson, Unger Sorum,
    S. Walker, J. Wise, Brunet, Hollowell, Honka, Mynio, Nause,
    Commesso, Hamrla, Portillo, Svedeback, Makiniemi.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Cozens & Bjork seem to have chemistry, at least so far. If that stays the case, then that's even better for you. Good luck.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.