Thread: Hughes vs Lafreniere

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Hughes vs Lafreniere

Okay it’s a limited keeper league 3 players plus 1 on ELC and can keep for duration of that ELC. I currently have Hughes and Lafreniere. Who do I keep?
    Pros of keeping Hughes: high point performance this season, see him as doing better next year.
    Lafreniere: younger, ELC stays longer, high potential and to be a potential top 3 replacement.

Keepers: Aho, Eichel, Makar
    Bishop was my keeper goalie and was going to sell Aho, but with injuries may start fresh with G.

What’s your thoughts?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Hughes vs Lafreniere

Welcome to the forums!

I probably take Lafreniere here. Like you said, younger with the longer ELC. Besides that, while Hughes started the season stronger, the difference in current production really isn't a big a win for Hughes, as lafreniere has close to matched him since the first month or so (not that either have been all that impressive). Additionally, not only does Laf I think have the higher potential in a vacuum, I have more faith in the offense of NYR going forward and Laf's place in it, so all around I think I stick with him.
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Deity

Welcome to the forums.

First off, I will offer some forum advice. Offer as much info as you can in your question, or make it available in your signature.

For your post, is this a points only format or is it multi-cat, and if multi-cat, what categories? Considering one is a center and one is a winger, if FOWs are important, then that should alter the evaluation of Hughes. Also, it doesn't hurt to mention first names if there is more than one playing in the league (Jack, Quinn, soon to be Luke).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd trade whoever you can get more for. Hughes has played better than his stats.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov