Thread: Fleury of Lehner next year

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Fleury of Lehner next year

I currently have both, but its a keep 5 and I also have Hellebuyck. I can't keep 3 goalies. Right now I am 1st overall and have a good shot this year I feel at winning it all. So my first rounder will be low.

League in sig. Goalies are exceptionally valuable in this league. Near 40% of the cats decided by 3 to 5 players (Some folks this year are carrying 5 due to Covid and teams using tandems more. 14 teams mean its hard to find goalies.

McDavid is a lock for a keeper. Crosby and Point are close to locks. But I also need to briefly consider a rejuvenated Zibanejad and an up and coming Kaprisov.

Last year I kept McDavid, Crosby, Zibanejad, Hellebuyck and Lehner.

Lehner signing that 5 year deal made me feel and worry Fleury might be disposable. I was lucky as hell to get Fleury in the early rounds of drafting because many felt Lehner was starter going forward. but now the situation has shifted a bit. Fleury is in god mode this year.

Fleury's contract is on its last year next year. Which is scary, but.....man he is playing well.

What say you fellow Dobberites?
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Fleury of Lehner next year

I'd probably keep neither of them, unless the situation clarifies itself before you draft. Keep 5 seems too shallow for me to want 2 G's.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

When do you have to decide on your keepers?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    When do you have to decide on your keepers?
    I have till summer lol.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd probably keep neither of them, unless the situation clarifies itself before you draft. Keep 5 seems too shallow for me to want 2 G's.
    When 40% of the cats are decided by goalies and you have 14 teams and you are probably drafting last in round 1, it means you won't be drafting a goalie by the time it's your turn.

There are at least 3 teams offering their first (and some also their 2nd) rounders for a solid goalie before the playoffs currently and nobody is biting because everyone is keeping solid goalies.

Trust me when I say if I don't keep 2 ill end up with hellebuyck and a backup or ottawa's goalie to start next year. Starting and platoon goalies are like always the first 7 picks every year even if they suck.

Out of 14 teams last year, in a keep 5, 19 goalies were kept, so at least 5 teams kept 2 goalies. Goalies that were drafted high were Rask, Korpisalo, Samsanov, pavel Francouz, Darcy Kuemper, Mikko Koskinen, Mrazek and Matt Murray. The only reason i got Fleury after those guys had gone after keeping Lehner is because everyone assumed with the Lehner resigning and performance last year stealing the starter spot that Fleury was relegated to backup and potential trade material. I got lucky as hell. Right after I drafted Fleury, Holtby Soroykin Halak and Demko flew off the shelves.

The folks who keep 2 goalies know how hard it is to land a goalie. Some of them ransom them out for huge returns early in the season when everyone goes into panic mode. I had to give a multi year top scorer, Semi-solid goalie AND a high pick to get Hellebuyck last year(And it has proven worth every penny). A guy early this year gave Malkin, Barrie, Raanta and Kuemper to get Bobrovsky and some used parts And it looks like he won the trade