Thread: Filip Gustavsson.... oh my.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Filip Gustavsson.... oh my.

So, Filip Gustavsson is a young GK I was very high on when he was drafted. He kind of fell off in his development for a bit, and a lot of owners have moved on from him.

I know it's only been 2 games, both against a good Calgary offense though. But he has looked outstanding in those 2 games. The way Murray has played this year, and as good as Doccord looked, I think Gustavsson is making a case to move ahead of Doccord as soon as, well, now.

The situation with Murray is tough. He'd be a hard player to trade atm, especially with 3.5 seasons remaining on a pretty fat contract. And I Don't believe Krakkans would even take him right now if the Sens left him unprotected in the expansion draft. But if Gustavsson keeps this up, I don't think Sens have much of a choice to at least go 1A, 1B with Murray and Gus once Murray returns. And next year, we could very well see Murray as the very expensive backup to Gustavsson if this 2 game showing is legit.

I am investing in Gus in Dynasty leagues where I can get him cheap. But I think he stands a damn good chance of being a significant fantasy GK down the line. And if he keeps playing like this, opportunity to get him cheap wont remain.

I know, it's just 2 games, but WOW. Heck of a 2 games.

Anyone think Doccord remains in the picture if Gus keeps this up?
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Filip Gustavsson.... oh my.

I think Daccord can remain in the picture, as I don't think he gets taken by Seattle, especially while hurt. Right now, the protection question for me came down to Daccord/Gustavsson, as you can keep 1 cheap young goalie. See what Pittsburgh did with Murray/Fleury.

Murray, should be exposed. There's literally no reason for Ottawa to not expose him, as only Chabot has a higher contract with term and if they expose Chabot, then one should just start examining the heads of the braintrust for actual brains.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I think Daccord can remain in the picture, as I don't think he gets taken by Seattle, especially while hurt. Right now, the protection question for me came down to Daccord/Gustavsson, as you can keep 1 cheap young goalie. See what Pittsburgh did with Murray/Fleury.

Murray, should be exposed. There's literally no reason for Ottawa to not expose him, as only Chabot has a higher contract with term and if they expose Chabot, then one should just start examining the heads of the braintrust for actual brains.
    Lol. Definitely.

I have no doubt Murray does get exposed. I just think there is ZERO chance of Seattle picking him in the expansion draft ahead of some of the other GKs that will likely be exposed. Especially with his contract and production of late. I guess they get a free pass with Murray in regard to who they protect. Since they won't have to waste a protection slot OR worry to much about losing him. All though they very well might prefer to lose him and be rid of that contract at this point, so guess they won't get everything they want.

But you are probably right about Doccord. If they didn't have Murray, or were able to get rid of Murray through trade (near impossible atm) or expansion draft, I could absolutely see them starting next season with Gus and Doccord as their 1a, 1b or something. Or maybe just adding a vet GK like Bernier or Reimer to help Gus out.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Lol. Definitely.

I have no doubt Murray does get exposed. I just think there is ZERO chance of Seattle picking him in the expansion draft ahead of some of the other GKs that will likely be exposed. Especially with his contract and production of late. I guess they get a free pass with Murray in regard to who they protect. Since they won't have to waste a protection slot OR worry to much about losing him. All though they very well might prefer to lose him and be rid of that contract at this point, so guess they won't get everything they want.

But you are probably right about Doccord. If they didn't have Murray, or were able to get rid of Murray through trade (near impossible atm) or expansion draft, I could absolutely see them starting next season with Gus and Doccord as their 1a, 1b or something. Or maybe just adding a vet GK like Bernier or Reimer to help Gus out.
    So I opted for the "sure win" by taking Johansson. He was a second round pick by Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh doesn't make a lot of mistakes I thought. Grrrr. Can't get an idea of what Gus's minors careers showed but had to be a reason why he was 4th on the depth chart. Until, well, now.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    So I opted for the "sure win" by taking Johansson. He was a second round pick by Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh doesn't make a lot of mistakes I thought. Grrrr. Can't get an idea of what Gus's minors careers showed but had to be a reason why he was 4th on the depth chart. Until, well, now.
    Elite Prospects has minors stats.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks. I checked HockeyDB too. His AHL numbers don’t jump out at you. Working on adrenaline? Team playing better for him as teams generally do when the back up or (back up back up back up) is playing.