Thread: Foreseeable Second or Third Place Finishers Lounge

Dobber Sports Master

Default Foreseeable Second or Third Place Finishers Lounge

Hello fellow Dobberites,

Well. my team is getting older and can't keep up... the leading has McDavid and Draisaitl... and Grubauer....and is virtually untouchable... I will once again finish 2nd or 3rd, as I have for the last 6 years (lost some titles painfully due to last-minute injuries, or even pre-playoff benchings...!).

I'd love to sell older pieces but there are no buyers; all other teams are stashing 18 yr olds in the hopes of taking down this super team in like 4 years.... I have no such luxury (I also don't like that strategy...).

Anyone else in my boat? Oy..... what a hard year.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Foreseeable Second or Third Place Finishers Lounge

Sorry, not in your boat. In my big (points) keeper, I am the 'super' team. Own McDavid and Draisaitl... and Vasilevskiy. I have other "depth" forwards like Pettersson, Marner, Ehlers and Barkov. I anticipate the rest of the league will be hating me something fierce very soon

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Sorry, not in your boat. In my big (points) keeper, I am the 'super' team. Own McDavid and Draisaitl... and Vasilevskiy. I have other "depth" forwards like Pettersson, Marner, Ehlers and Barkov. I anticipate the rest of the league will be hating me something fierce very soon
    You live up to your avatar lol........ as if hahahahaha Get outta here with your stolen burgers....!!
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Icon

20 years in my simulation league where I am 2nd in all-time wins, top 10 in winning percentage, have won multiple regular season President Trophies, but I have only made 1 playoff final and have zero championships. I lost to the cup winner in the playoffs in 6 straight years at one point.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    You live up to your avatar lol........ as if hahahahaha Get outta here with your stolen burgers....!!
    Rubble Rubble!