Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forgetting Alex Nedeljkovic?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Forgetting Alex Nedeljkovic?

What to do with Ned? I took him off waivers. Now I have to many options at goal. I have Hart/Elliott, Mike Smith, Raanta, Bob and Ned. I certainly don't need them all I can't drop Hart as it is a keeper league. That handcuffs me with Elliott. Feels like goalie roulette. LOL Talk to me fellas.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Forgetting Alex Nedeljkovic?

Ugh. It's drop a starter or drop one of Elliott or Nedeljkovic, since Raanta is starting for a month or so.

What type of league, how many teams, keepers, goalies, and what stats?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Yeah tough situation. Of these I am dropping Ned. Mrazek will be back soon and Reimer still in the mix. Elliot will likely see more starts than Ned.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Icon

You might want to consider dropping both for Raanta, who’s going to get lots of starts while Kuemper is out (4 weeks, maybe more).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports All-Star

And I agree Nedeljkovic has looked very good, but Reimer has won 11 of 14 games this season too. Sure his numbers are not quite as pretty, but he is certainly getting the job done.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Jedi

The problem with dropping Ned though (and I'm not solving anything) is that Mrazek & Reimer are both UFA's at the end of the year.
    Ned's role is only going to increase.

Raanta's a short term hold - same as Smith & Elliott
    Bob is a solid long term option
    Same as Hart

You're benching 3G no matter how you slice it (assuming it's a start 2G)
    The two you absolutely cannot drop Bob & Hart
    Raanta IMO slides in as the 3rd, but temporary can't drop option
    Smith as been pretty much lights out since returning from injury 8-2 over .925 svpct and a GAA around 2. So make him G #4

I would actually drop Elliott.
    1. you have enough options without him to start -while holding Hart. As soon as Hart has a good start, Elliott gets relegated to back up.
    2. in Carolina - it's Ned's net moving forward. They're going to be a good team.

Ned feels like he's sitting in similar waters of Demko before Van traded Nilsson. or Kahkonen if Stalock wouldn't have gotten injured.
    It could hurt short term though, as Mrazek coming back likely means Ned sees the taxi-squad at least temporarily.

it's tough, but I think the smart call - taking dynasty into the equation - is dropping Elliott
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    The problem with dropping Ned though (and I'm not solving anything) is that Mrazek & Reimer are both UFA's at the end of the year.
    Ned's role is only going to increase.

Raanta's a short term hold - same as Smith & Elliott
    Bob is a solid long term option
    Same as Hart

You're benching 3G no matter how you slice it (assuming it's a start 2G)
    The two you absolutely cannot drop Bob & Hart
    Raanta IMO slides in as the 3rd, but temporary can't drop option
    Smith as been pretty much lights out since returning from injury 8-2 over .925 svpct and a GAA around 2. So make him G #4

I would actually drop Elliott.
    1. you have enough options without him to start -while holding Hart. As soon as Hart has a good start, Elliott gets relegated to back up.
    2. in Carolina - it's Ned's net moving forward. They're going to be a good team.

Ned feels like he's sitting in similar waters of Demko before Van traded Nilsson. or Kahkonen if Stalock wouldn't have gotten injured.
    It could hurt short term though, as Mrazek coming back likely means Ned sees the taxi-squad at least temporarily.

it's tough, but I think the smart call - taking dynasty into the equation - is dropping Elliott
    This feels like the right analysis but I can't help thinking back to how Carolina put Ned on waivers and no team claimed him. This move does not seem like the team has Ned in their long-term plans. It seems to me they'll either re-sign Mrazek or bring in an UFA.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    This feels like the right analysis but I can't help thinking back to how Carolina put Ned on waivers and no team claimed him. This move does not seem like the team has Ned in their long-term plans. It seems to me they'll either re-sign Mrazek or bring in an UFA.
    Wasn't that before he put up a .929 save% in 9 starts? Sometimes plans change based on performance. If he keeps performing it seems to me they could very well add him to their long term plans. Him being undersized is his biggest liability, obviously.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Wasn't that before he put up a .929 save% in 9 starts? Sometimes plans change based on performance. If he keeps performing it seems to me they could very well add him to their long term plans. Him being undersized is his biggest liability, obviously.
    yeah, it was before season's start. I do have doubts about Ned being a starter in the NHL but he is playing very well now, who knows.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Icon

Mrazek was playing really well before the thumb injury, I think they’ll give him a shot at 1A when he returns. Speculation is that they’ll keep Reimer up when Mrazek returns to avoid losing him to waivers. Trying to confirm but I believe since Ned was not claimed previously when put on waivers, he’s safe to be sent to the taxi squad. Ned is playing great, but if I were running the Canes I’d probably prefer to go on a Stanley Cup run with the more experienced combo of Mrázek and Reimer.

UPDATE: Sure enough this piece comes up almost at the same time I posted. It doesn’t shed a ton of light but the sense I get is it’s going to be “thx kid, keep it up” and they ride Mrazek and Reimer.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...249945584.html

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Genius

Another good article on this goalie. Wonder if he's worth taking in my salary cap pool. Last waiver pick in a 24 man pool.

https://www.canescountry.com/2021/3/...es-backup-spot
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd keep him in any cap leagues. That last article notes that he has a path to be a full UFA, which would put Carolina in a bind for expansion. They would expose Helvig (this is basically a lock to happen), but the rest of their goalies are all UFA's, so they are protecting a UFA goalie.

I currently have them protecting Nedeljkovic, since everyone else besides Helvig is a 2021 UFA.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Interesting little tid bit about Carolina G Nedeljkovic from an article published Mar 23.

Off the ice, Nedeljkovic will become a group-six unrestricted free agent if he doesn’t play at least 26 career games by the end of this season. If he does hit 26, he remains a restricted free agent under the Hurricanes’ ownership. The Canes will want to keep him an RFA, with no other goalies on the books for 2021-22 and his stock going up pretty much every game. That means he’ll need to play at least nine more of the final 25 games.

You’ll also remember that Nedeljkovic is on a one-way deal this season, so he can’t just shimmy onto the taxi squad like some of the other prospects have been. It’s go-time or it isn’t. The Canes can keep three goalies on their NHL roster, though, so they won’t have to make any drastic decisions immediately.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Interesting little tid bit about Carolina G Nedeljkovic from an article published Mar 23.
    Thanks for the article very informative.

The situation I originally had fixed itself with Raanta IRd. I hope Ned plays out for a new contract!

Dobber Sports Ace

There is absolutely NO way I drop Ned. Mrazak's return might mean Ned gets temporarily sent back to AHL, but this is Mrazaks last year on his contract. I think Ned is almost guaranteed at this point to be one of Canes 2 GKs next year. He has been SO good this season, he might even force them to move Reimer or Mrazak this year, or force the Canes to carry 3 GK. All though I think trading Mrazak might be there best move since teams could be looking for a loan player which would also free up some cap space for the Canes.

But Ned looks totally legit at this point. You must keep him no matter what you have to do.

Please help with mine, thanks. https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...-Kyrou-Dynasty
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)