Thread: Trade to retool??

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade to retool??

Losing Kucherov & Sequin, then Panarin made the repeat impossible... looking to sell off some vets to get younger

Just sent Rittich away for Adam Boqvist & Isac Lunderstrom

pick a side for the latest negotiation

Kopitar, Jordan Staal & Edmundson (big +/- & hits)

or

Quinn Hughes & Jordan Kyrou

if he balks at sending Hughes.. do you still do it for Ty Smith? or pass on it all together?
    G/A/SOG/HIT/BLK/STP/W/GA/SV% - 20 Team

F B.Tkachuk, Meier, Horvat, Necas, Toews, Bratt, Perron, Tarasenko, R. Thomas, Hyman, Tanev, Duchene, J.Quinn, R.Strome, Domi, Cooley
    D Makar, Reilly, N.Dobson, Faulk, Addison, Sanderson, Heinola, Zamula, Perbix, Marino, Lauzon
    G. Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Jarry, Reimer, Schmid, Accord, Soderblom

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Trade to retool??

I wouldn't trade hughes & kyrou for those aging vets. You going to have to sweeten pot probably. You should definitely try and get those guys on a retool for next season.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

would be great if you could do it but I don't see it. I'd do it for Ty Smith but probably a long shot there too.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Sage

Yes, I would do it for Ty Smith.

I have gone through a couple rebuilds in different leagues over the years. One tip is that just because you or people on a forum feel you should get a certain value for your vets doesn't mean that is possible or available in a league. I traded Burns and Giordano two seasons ago and while I knew what their consensus value was, no one would give me what I should have received. So I ended up trading Gio for Hayton and Bokk and Burns for Hamilton (when he was at a low), a 1st, and Glass. Sometimes you gotta make the best deal you can.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd do that deal with Kopitar if you can get it, or for Ty Smith. You might want to try to add a younger lesser asset in, to make it not all old guys.

Two years ago I made a deal getting Duncan Keith & Jamie Benn after he was declared done for Cole Caulfield (whom I had just drafted) and a 3rd round pick. It's a salary cap multicat, but Benn helped me win last year, and I'm in the top 2 this year. I feel I won that deal, although most people would've hated it. Keith isn't even on my roster any more - I could've done it 1 for 1, but wanted another D as well to help the team.

You'll find owners who will give up value for vets, you just need to find them.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.