Thread: Trade thought

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Trade thought

Just wondering who you think wins this trade. M.Koivu/Dumont for PM Bouchard/Nylander? I\'m concerned about Bouchard\'s back and that Koivu might be peaking early.
    keeper- g,a,+/-,pim,ppp,shp,gwg,fw

C
    Fisher, Desharnais, Kelly, Cullen, Brodziak
    LW
    Cammalleri(k), Kane, Ryan, Hartnell
    C/LW
    Gaustad, Ennis, Ott
    RW
    Parenteau, Hejduk,
    C/RW
    Malkin
    LW/RW
    Downie, Doan
    D
    Doughty(k), Yandle, Streit, Campbell, Souray, Colaiacovo, Shattenkirk
    G (w, gaa,sv%, so)
    Ward, Fleury, Smith

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trade thought

I like Koivu/Dumont quite a bit better, I doubt Koivu will keep scoring at the same pace but I have no doubt he\'ll have a great season. As a Wild fan I\'ve watched him get better over his career and he really stepped up during the playoffs last year (one of the only Wild players to do so) and proved that he can be a true 1st line center in the league, this guy just does everything well.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Trade thought

Koivu is coming into his own and Nylander is getting old.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Trade thought

One Year Pool
    M.Koivu/Dumont for PM Bouchard/Nylander

Well Koivu is doing much to convince us that he\'s taking the next step. He\'s a centre. You\'ve got to take the 70-80 point window pretty serious for him the way he\'s been playing of late.

PM Bouchard will find his points tied to Koivu, to a great degree. Minny doesn\'t have many forward offensive options in my opinion. Getting roughed up out of the gate, hasn\'t given him the same opportunity as Koivu to have us all convinced that he\'s finding some near gears this year. If Koivu & Bouchard are to be successful long term, they\'re going to need to feed off each other. He should threaten for 70 points before all is said and done.

Dumont is an underrated commodity. No one dreams of him doing the point-a-game thing. Should he have a career year he could surprise up to that level. There\'s great opportunity for him in Nashville. He\'s an undervalued second tier winger. 65-70 points is pretty safe.

Nylander. He\'s shown that he\'s should have a productive year this year in Washington. He\'s had his success with Semin. I think there\'s lots of PP time for Nylander even with Backstrom in tow. Why wouldn\'t we wonder if he can break the 70 point plateau?

In this entire arrangement, I would rate injury risk about the same on all four players. They are all moderately prone.

If there is an advantage to flipping the wingers (Bouchard/Dumont) to your club, the deal is making sense.

Future deals, it would be easier to move Koivu & Dumont. People aren\'t enthused with Nylander. (check your draft sheets. He\'s probably the last player selected on this list)

I see nothing wrong with accepting or declining this deal. I\'d take the chance on Nylander if I was adjusting my wingers so that my club raced a bit better. I might also counter leaving the centres out of the mix.