Thread: Marchand for Tkachuk

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Marchand for Tkachuk

I am in an extremely deep dynasty league. I am currently in 2nd place and just acquired Kane for Samsonov and Yamamoto as I'm trying to go for the win.

The league is setup very similar to the NHL where we sign contracts and what not.
    This is my team: http://projectllama.xyz/index.php?page=teams&id=1

My window is pretty much last year, this year and maybe 2 more seasons.

I have the opportunity to make an offer for Marchand but he's asking for Matthew Tkachuk.

Was hoping some of you can chime in. There's no doubt Marchand is an upgrade on Tkachuk but I'm trying to avoid selling off every last asset as I'd love to try and stay in the mix over the next 5 years and beyond.

Other assets I'm trying to pitch to this GM are Bjorkstrand, my 1st in 2023, Jason Robertson. I've also asked if he'd be willing to include Nick Robertson on his side.

It's a fairly basic points league for skaters: 3G 2A, 1PPG, .5PPA, 1GWG

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Marchand for Tkachuk

Quote Originally Posted by tehmerms View Post
    I am in an extremely deep dynasty league. I am currently in 2nd place and just acquired Kane for Samsonov and Yamamoto as I'm trying to go for the win.

The league is setup very similar to the NHL where we sign contracts and what not.
    This is my team: http://projectllama.xyz/index.php?page=teams&id=1

My window is pretty much last year, this year and maybe 2 more seasons.

I have the opportunity to make an offer for Marchand but he's asking for Matthew Tkachuk.

Was hoping some of you can chime in. There's no doubt Marchand is an upgrade on Tkachuk but I'm trying to avoid selling off every last asset as I'd love to try and stay in the mix over the next 5 years and beyond.

Other assets I'm trying to pitch to this GM are Bjorkstrand, my 1st in 2023, Jason Robertson. I've also asked if he'd be willing to include Nick Robertson on his side.

It's a fairly basic points league for skaters: 3G 2A, 1PPG, .5PPA, 1GWG
    Without hits I think you gotta go Marchand, especially if you're trying to win now. Tkachuk is a stud in his own right though.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would take that deal. Marchand is a stud and will be for a few more years. Tkachuk is good but not as good for the next couple years. I like to worry about tomorrow tomorrow.
    12 team pts league. G(1pt), A(1pt), PPP(1pt), SHP(1pt), GWG(1pt), W(3pts), SO(2pts)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4F, 4D, 2G, 4Bench, 2IR
    Keep any 5 max 3 years

C - McDavid, Backstrom, Tavares, Couturier, Trochek
    RW - Pavelski, Fiala, E. Lindholm
    LW - Landeskog, Palat, E. Kane, Robertson
    D - Hedman, Yandle, Fox, Provorov
    G - Lehner, Rask, MAF, Talbot

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Your team look pretty damn good. I think I would rather hold on to Tkachuk because I think you could still win with him and have a better piece down the line.
    8 Team Dynasty - G/A/plusminus/PPP/SHP/SOG/FW/HIT/BLK ——
    W/SV%/SV/SO
    C: A. Matthews, E Pettersson, V Trocheck, A Kopitar, C Mittelstadt,
    LW: B Marchand, B Tkachuk, K Kaprizov, J Huberdeau, V Nichushkin, E Kane, J McCann
    RW: D Pastrnak, W Nylander, JT Miller, T Meier, Z Hyman, R Hartman
    D: Q Hughes, B Burns, D Nurse, M Matheson, K Letang, B McNabb
    G: D Kuemper, V Vanecek, J Woll
    IR: L Couture, L Schenn
    NA: P Kochetkov