Thread: Limited keeper trade question

Dobber Sports Star

Default Limited keeper trade question

A) Would you trade Q. Hughes for Svechnikov in a limited keeper league? (team in sig.)
    B) If you owned Svech would you accept the offer? We count hits and Hughes is pretty weak in banger cats. I could include Bishop as I grabbed him as trade bait and he owns Khudobin.
    C) Am I undervaluing Hughes due to the lack of peripheral cats?

Here's the rub, we must keep either a goalie or a defenseman. I would have to choose between Svech and Guentzel as my 3rd forward and I would need to keep either Josi or Markstrom as my 4th. Not a big fan of keeping goalies, but he's been a workhorse. I also want to win this season, which I'm not fairing well.....so I could become a seller at the deadline.

McDavid
    Kucherov
    Guentzel/Svech
    Josi/Markstrom

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Limited keeper trade question

wait until closer to the deadline - if you're out of it shop Guentzel/Svech/Markstrom/Josi for a keeper upgrade in 2-1's. Even a team at the bottom might bite
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

A) Would you trade Q. Hughes for Svechnikov in a limited keeper league? (team in sig.) - Without any other considerations, yes I would likely make this trade

B) If you owned Svech would you accept the offer? We count hits and Hughes is pretty weak in banger cats. I could include Bishop as I grabbed him as trade bait and he owns Khudobin. - Depending on team needs I would consider it. The Bishop throw in would likely sweeten the deal enough depending on who I would have to drop to make room

C) Am I undervaluing Hughes due to the lack of peripheral cats? - No, it's a valid concern. But Hughes is definitely an elite level offensive talent.

Here's the rub, we must keep either a goalie or a defenseman. I would have to choose between Svech and Guentzel as my 3rd forward and I would need to keep either Josi or Markstrom as my 4th. Not a big fan of keeping goalies, but he's been a workhorse. I also want to win this season, which I'm not fairing well.....so I could become a seller at the deadline.

This is where my answer changes. I would rather keep Guentzel/Hughes than Svech and one of Josi/Markstrom. So if I'm in your shoes, I don't think I would be in a hurry to make that trade.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    This is where my answer changes. I would rather keep Guentzel/Hughes than Svech and one of Josi/Markstrom. So if I'm in your shoes, I don't think I would be in a hurry to make that trade.
    Yeah, I agree, with limited keepers you need to look at the overall picture. For the sake of argument, who do you like better, Guentzel or Svech as a keeper?

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    Yeah, I agree, with limited keepers you need to look at the overall picture. For the sake of argument, who do you like better, Guentzel or Svech as a keeper?
    Svech for me.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    Oh I like Svech more than Guentzel but it’s the downgrade from Hughes to Josi or Markstrom that offsets it for me

Dobber Sports Ace

With your settings I prefer svech and Josi over guentzel and Hughes. Josi is having a slow start and svech is doing okay but will get a lot better I’d say by next year. Josi still has some good years, he get the peripherals too.