Page 108 of 121 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1814

Thread: 2021 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: 2021 DobberBaseball League

ahh well ; at least I took 4 cats from you HR .

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    ahh well ; at least I took 4 cats from you HR .
    I needed that.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Posted an add to take over for Youppi starting next week.

Dobber Sports Deity

Once again pitching let me down. 1W from my starters and squat for SV+holds from my relievers. Ugh.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Posted an add to take over for Youppi starting next week.
    I don't think we should have anyone take over for him.

I thought we had agreed to leave his team as is for the rest of the season as just about everyone to date has faced his roster as is, which has been relatively handicapped. It wouldn't be fair to have someone take over and start making changes to make the team more competitive for the teams yet to face him.

Also, why would anyone want to take over a basement team halfway through the season? I don't think the team will be catching anyone.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post

I thought we had agreed to leave his team as is for the rest of the season as just about everyone to date has faced his roster as is, which has been relatively handicapped. It wouldn't be fair to have someone take over and start making changes to make the team more competitive for the teams yet to face him.

Also, why would anyone want to take over a basement team halfway through the season? I don't think the team will be catching anyone.
    You're right the chances are slim.

But the schedule is uneven. Not everyone plays him twice so that is why I'm looking for someone to take over starting next week. That is by far the most fair because everyone has already had 1 go at an easy win. Monday is the beginning of the next run through of the schedule.

If we can't find someone then I'm not sure what the best solution is. It would mean 10 teams have 2 easy weeks and the 11th team only has 1. And yes that 11th team happens to be me

Dobber Sports Master

anyone have contact with the owner that went awol ?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    anyone have contact with the owner that went awol ?
    I've tried a few times but no response.

The Wolverine

You're right the chances are slim.

But the schedule is uneven. Not everyone plays him twice so that is why I'm looking for someone to take over starting next week. That is by far the most fair because everyone has already had 1 go at an easy win. Monday is the beginning of the next run through of the schedule.

If we can't find someone then I'm not sure what the best solution is. It would mean 10 teams have 2 easy weeks and the 11th team only has 1. And yes that 11th team happens to be me

HR doesn't face him twice, as mentioned, so it's whether having an active person for half a season just for a challenge (realistically, the team is not making the playoffs) and getting to know the league for next season is better than a locked team. However, given that most of those who play fantasy baseball and are active on here are already in the league, I'm not holding out hope that we'll find someone.

I can't think of a solution that doesn't have a flaw.

The only other idea I can think of would be to include the last week of the regular season, which would give us a matchup against everyone twice. But not sure I would be comfortable changing the schedule as the last week tends to have rested players so not the best option for the final. Not to mention just the act of changing the schedule mid-season.

Dobber Sports Deity

I say we see if we can find a replacement and hope we just recruited a new league member for next year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    HR doesn't face him twice, as mentioned, so it's whether having an active person for half a season just for a challenge (realistically, the team is not making the playoffs) and getting to know the league for next season is better than a locked team. However, given that most of those who play fantasy baseball and are active on here are already in the league, I'm not holding out hope that we'll find someone.

I can't think of a solution that doesn't have a flaw.

The only other idea I can think of would be to include the last week of the regular season, which would give us a matchup against everyone twice. But not sure I would be comfortable changing the schedule as the last week tends to have rested players so not the best option for the final. Not to mention just the act of changing the schedule mid-season.
    I hear you. I'm thinking the same but just throwing stuff out there....

Has anyone ever owned 2 teams in a league? Can you manage it from within the app? Like if I were to take over the team and just start lineups every week and ensure that injured players are replaced......is that an option?

I really don't want to do this but since I'm the one affected there is a small amount of added incentive for me.....

Dobber Sports Superstar

I see, so we're at the second time through the order basically so you want to see if you can get someone to take it over so it's active for all managers given there is one team that doesn't face him twice. I still don't think it's worth the trouble given it's only one team, but if you're the one effected and want to add the extra work, give it a go.

I believe the commissioner can manually set the lineup for a team, but from what I recall, it's a pain in the ass and not as easy as setting your own team.

I don't believe it will let you manage two teams in the same league, but have never tried.

The Wolverine

If someone were to take over just to ensure the team is active then I would suggest using the ' start active all week ' option only on Monday. Otherwise, there is a risk of having to make judgment calls e.g. injury/ roster imbalance etc. and I wouldn't want another manager making those decisions.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I see, so we're at the second time through the order basically so you want to see if you can get someone to take it over so it's active for all managers given there is one team that doesn't face him twice. I still don't think it's worth the trouble given it's only one team, but if you're the one effected and want to add the extra work, give it a go.

I believe the commissioner can manually set the lineup for a team, but from what I recall, it's a pain in the ass and not as easy as setting your own team.

I don't believe it will let you manage two teams in the same league, but have never tried.
    Yep. As I said it's a long shot....but worth asking because that would solve everything AND give us someone for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    If someone were to take over just to ensure the team is active then I would suggest using the ' start active all week ' option only on Monday. Otherwise, there is a risk of having to make judgment calls e.g. injury/ roster imbalance etc. and I wouldn't want another manager making those decisions.
    Yep i hear you. What about using the "Start active" on Monday....and then if any injuries just replace with the highest ranked free agent?

The Wolverine

Yep i hear you. What about using the "Start active" on Monday....and then if any injuries just replace with the highest ranked free agent?
    I don't like that as you are now managing the team. This should only be an administrative task IMO, keeping them active with their current team.