Thread: Waivers 'R' Us... My team living off Waivers...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Waivers 'R' Us... My team living off Waivers...

Hey All,

So I was struggling in my keeper league, sold off a bunch of players to improve my keepers, and been living off the Waiver Wire. Throw in some players on IR, and I am at the point where I have more players that I'm wanting to see what happens vs. my available roster spaces... out of all of the Waiver additions on my roster...

Forwards; (When Konency & Hischier come off IR, 2 will need to go)
    Jordan Staal
    Andrew Copp
    Carter Verhaeghe
    Kevin Fiala
    Jordan Greenway
    Jack Roslovic
    Dominik Kubalik

Defence; (1 will need to go when Werenski & Murphy come off IR)
    Ryan McDonagh
    Alec Martinez

Goalies; (only need 1 of them)
    Mikko Koskenin
    Cal Petersen

IR;
    Nico Hischier
    Connor Murphy

Which ones are likely to be the ones I want to hold onto?

I may be a seller, but no reason why I can't be a competitive seller. I can always try to sell more, but really, Konency is the only one worth some value and he is so cold I would be selling really low.

Cheers!
    12 Team - Dynasty H2H Category
    Skaters CAT: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    Goalies CAT: W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Roster: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, Util, 2G, 5BN, 3IR

C: Crosby, Stuetzle, RNH, Couturier
    LW: Ovechkin, Guentzel, Toffoli, Knies
    RW: Fiala, Perron, DeBrusk, Zuccarello
    D: Seider, Hronek, Pietrangelo, Heiskanen, McAvoy, Chychrun
    Util: Ekholm
    G: Vanecek, Gustavsson, UPL, Lyon, Forsburg
    Blue = Bench / Red = IR
    (Also in 2x 1-yr leagues but they aren't important)

Default Re: Waivers 'R' Us... My team living off Waivers...

All droppabale and replaceable in a league your size. Flip coins or pick the players with the worst ratings...

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd dump Kubalik and Greenway if you had to make the decision today -- if you can wait, I might sub one out for Staal. He doesn't have much long term value imo... You should be trying to sell Staal off right now as I read yesterday in a Dobber article he's shooting 33% right now.

As for defensemen - Either really but I'd lean towards keeping Martinez because he's at least getting some powerplay time where McDonaugh is not getting any.

B/w Koskinen and Petersen - tough call Petersen has better ratios but Koskinen gets more starts... This year I'd say hold Koskinen because he has hope of turning his ratios around and will get plenty of opportunity whereas Petersen isn't supplanting Quick this year - LA isn't winning many games either so even his spot start value isn't super high. Long term I think Petersen has way more value though

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Defense: Drop McDonagh

Goalie: kind of depends on what you want/need. I'd see if either have trade value, possibly packaging one with a skater drop.

Forward: Really depends on schedules and what you need. Staal is the guy I think who is the most short term.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Do not drop Kubalik. He scores goals. Keep him all day long. He is scoring and doing fairly decent given where Chicago was suppose to finish.

I'd narrow it down to Greenway, Copp and McDonagh. McDonagh is the most certain drop.

I'd flip a coin for the other two.

Well, its been a week, and after some roster moves and tweaks to the roster... still have the fun of playing on the Waiver Wire and Ultimately will need to drop 1-2 players once Konency and Andersen come back off IR.

I am trying to do some 2 for 1 trades, but they are difficult to say the least.

J.Staal
    Copp
    Zuccarello
    Fiala
    Roslovic
    Hischier
    Greenway
    Rakell

I figure Greenway will be the first to go. I am trying to see if Hischier gets up to speed, but through 3 games, he isn't really producing yet, so he may go. Rakell has shots but so little points, so is Copp. Zuccarello may be hot now but could easily cool off. Heck, Konency may even be one of the weakest on this list as well being he has struggled before COVID.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers

12 Team - Dynasty H2H Category
    Skaters CAT: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    Goalies CAT: W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Roster: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, Util, 2G, 5BN, 3IR

C: Crosby, Stuetzle, RNH, Couturier
    LW: Ovechkin, Guentzel, Toffoli, Knies
    RW: Fiala, Perron, DeBrusk, Zuccarello
    D: Seider, Hronek, Pietrangelo, Heiskanen, McAvoy, Chychrun
    Util: Ekholm
    G: Vanecek, Gustavsson, UPL, Lyon, Forsburg
    Blue = Bench / Red = IR
    (Also in 2x 1-yr leagues but they aren't important)

I hate to say it but I’ve all but given up on Ricky Rakks. He’s 27 and we’re already 3 years removed from him almost breaking 70 points. In my eyes so long as he stays on this Anaheim squad he’s a 50-55pt guy tops and I there are much better options. He would be my first cut.

There are a few names that stand out for second cut and you’ve hit them...Greenway, Copp and Konecny. My gut says hold TK, he will be fine. Copp still has all the opportunity (Copportunity?) in the world yet has been ice cold with endless ice time lately. It’s hard to drop a guy with those minutes and linemates but I had to as well and he immediately got scooped. Greenway has been performing better but I don’t think has quite as high a ceiling as Copp.

Gun to my head I would drop Rakell and Greenway.

ETA: Staal is now at 3 straight without a point, FOW are way down, ice time has been fluctuating. He’s been beastly but don’t be afraid to jump ship if he doesn’t do anything tonight or tomorrow.
    8 Team Dynasty - G/A/plusminus/PPP/SHP/SOG/FW/HIT/BLK ——
    W/SV%/SV/SO
    C: A. Matthews, E Pettersson, V Trocheck, A Kopitar, C Mittelstadt,
    LW: B Marchand, B Tkachuk, K Kaprizov, J Huberdeau, V Nichushkin, E Kane, J McCann
    RW: D Pastrnak, W Nylander, JT Miller, T Meier, Z Hyman, R Hartman
    D: Q Hughes, B Burns, D Nurse, M Matheson, K Letang, B McNabb
    G: D Kuemper, V Vanecek, J Woll
    IR: L Couture, L Schenn
    NA: P Kochetkov