Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Driedger

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Driedger

Hey guys!

Just wanted to know what you are thinking of Chris Driedger?

I mean his stats are pretty good,and Bobrovskys are bad!

I know Florida has 10 Million reasons that Bob will allways be there number 1.

But do you think there is a chance that Driedger could be the #1 goaltender on another team next year?
    He is only 26...so i was thinking about to keep him until next year!

Team and league in sig!
    16-team H2H fantrax dynasty league:20 active spots ( 4 C/LW/RW- 6D-2G)5 bench15minorCategories:G A +/- PPP SHP SOG PIM HIT BLK FOW TOI GV TKGP W GAA SV SV% SHO
    My Team:
    C:Eichel / Couturier / Hertl / Scheifele /Stützle
    LW: Ovechkin / Hyman/ E.Kane /Jeannot/ DeBrincat/Nichushkin
    RW: Meier/ Seguin/ Bjorkstrand/P.Kane/Necas/Batherson
    D: Nurse / Seider /Sergachev/Dahlin/Cernak/Guhle/Jiricek
    G: Vasilevsky / Sorokin / Samsonov
    Minors:Kasper /Räty/Pospisil/E.Sale/C.Ritchie/Yager/Sandin Pelikka/Ty Nelson/Gulyayev/Yurov/Simashev / Tarasov (G) /Clang (G)/ Gajan(G)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Driedger

Yes, I can see Driedger being the starting goalie for either Florida or another team next year.

Bobrovsky has a No-Movement-Clause - so he HAS to be protected by Florida in the expansion draft OR has to wave his NMC to go to Seattle.

Driedger is a good goalie and in his prime - so if he is left unprotected then Seattle will most likely take him.

If Bobrovsky does waive his NMC then he gets moved and Florida protects him.

The Great One

Driedger doesn't meet the requirements to be exposed. He's not under contract for 21-22 (UFA).

Florida currently has no one else eligible for the Seattle expansion draft if Bobrovsky is protected as his NMC requires.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If Bob moves his NMC and will get traded,Florida will probably resign Driedger i guess...

But i really like his stats...and like you said...he is in his prime!

I know he just played 12 games last season...but his stats in the AHL also look pretty solid!

I really have a feeling that i should keep him for a while and see what happe s in the off season

Dobber Sports Star

Driedger was a third round draft pick back in the day. He just never put it together, at least on the NHL stage. He may be an outlier, someone who took longer to develop a la Jacob Markstrom. In any event, he's been markedly better than Bobrovsky for a year, especially good behind the fire drill Florida defense, so he seems to have some future somewhere.

Administrator

I like Driedger more than Bob these days.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Immortal

This is going to be a split all year. Driedger got two straight but they lost 4-1 in the second game....so tonight Bob was back and he stopped 31 of 32. Against the mighty Wings.

The Great One

Driedger gave up 3 goals on 38 shots in that loss - every single one of his starts has been a QS - including that one. Bob is running at 2 of 5? He’s just been much luckier with goal support. But Robot is right - it’ll be a split. Particularly with how concentrated the Panthers schedule is going to be.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

And what do you think about Driedger will become a Starter on another team next year?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik18 View Post
    And what do you think about Driedger will become a Starter on another team next year?
    Seems like a decent chance of that if he keeps it up. There a number of teams out there who can sign him and protect him and expose their current problem to Seattle.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik18 View Post
    It's pretty much a certainty Driedger won't be a Panther next year. Bob has a billion years at a trillion AAV left on his contract and NMC so he's going nowhere. Driedger is a UFA. Almost certainly another team will give him a better contract than Florida would be willing. Whether he's that team's starter or not is much harder to predict but he'll be given a chance.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Jedi

A lot of the early knocks on Dreidger were self-inflicted. Saw an interview with an early G coach he had in Ottawa.
    Said he had all the talent, absolutely fabulous kid, just not the dedication to put it together. Was super stoked he's doing it now and isn't surprised in the least by his success.
    One of those guys that needed time to learn to become a pro and natural talent wasn't cutting it anymore.

They'll likely split starts the next while, but if Dreidger keeps this up and Fla is in a playoff battle. later in the season, Dreidger will take command of the net to get them in.
    10m back up goalie. Yikes.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Immortal

I just can't see them benching that money. Bob has had a few solid games and there's enough dead weight in that division that he'll still get his share.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think Dreidger is a priority FA for somebody looking for a goalie next season, or as a trade target this season. There are a lot of teams that could use him. However, Bobrovsky has to start playing better to for him to be surplus. They are second in the division right now, and should be aiming for playoffs.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Driedger doesn't meet the requirements to be exposed. He's not under contract for 21-22 (UFA).

Florida currently has no one else eligible for the Seattle expansion draft if Bobrovsky is protected as his NMC requires.
    According to Cap Friendly Dreiger is a UFA 2021. So Seattle still can pick him, but he would still have to sign with them. That's my understanding anyway.
    I believe Vegas had three players like this that they didn't actually get contacts signed for.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24