Thread: Laurent Brossoit

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Laurent Brossoit

Does this goalie have any potential at becoming a starter if he leaves WPG?or even a a capable time share goalie? I haven't watched much of his game so I'm completely blind in projecting his future besides his stats of course. I'm in a full dynasty 14 team league and goalies are a premium. He's one of the only backups in FA cause Helle was so good last year obviously with his Vezina and took almost every start. His stats from 18-19 were a lot better though and he only signed a 1 year deal in WPG. I assume Berdin will be the back up next year in WPG, so I was trying to get ahead of any potential increase in his workload next year.

Administrator

Default Re: Laurent Brossoit

I would highly doubt it but it's goaltending so you can't rule anything out.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

He’s a pretty good goalie.

Last years stats were ugly but I believe he also faced the most high danger shots compared to anyone else by quite a bit. He also often faced the stronger teams in b2b games so Helly could get the “guaranteed” wins against weaker teams too if I remember correctly. Both of those can do a lot to skew the stats at the end of the day.

I could see him landing a job as a split-starter next season by some analytically savvy team.

If I have a chance later I’ll try to find the links that back up the above claims.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If you had the reigning Vezina Trophy winner - How long of leash would you give him?

Especially in a shortened season - you need to get as many wins as possible. So go with your guy - which is Hellebucyk
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    He’s a pretty good goalie.

Last years stats were ugly but I believe he also faced the most high danger shots compared to anyone else by quite a bit. He also often faced the stronger teams in b2b games so Helly could get the “guaranteed” wins against weaker teams too if I remember correctly. Both of those can do a lot to skew the stats at the end of the day.

I could see him landing a job as a split-starter next season by some analytically savvy team.

If I have a chance later I’ll try to find the links that back up the above claims.

Thanks. Getting a free goalie would be huge. Appreciate the insight.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    If you had the reigning Vezina Trophy winner - How long of leash would you give him?

Especially in a shortened season - you need to get as many wins as possible. So go with your guy - which is Hellebucyk
    I was more so asking about next seasons opportunity for Brossoit. I would love to have Helle though lol.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd take a flier on him - I inherited him in one league where I'm required to roster Winnipeg players, and having the goalie tandem makes sense. He's been good, and if Helle misses time, he'll be starting, not Forsberg.

He's got decent enough AHL numbers, and has been above average in Winnipeg. Edmonton has been a crap show for defense, so being below average there is somewhat expected. Maybe he gets a tandem gig somewhere else next year.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.