Thread: Colin White

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Colin White

Young centres are solid gold in my cats league. You just can't pry one away from anyone.

Colin White was dropped just before he would have to be signed to a main roster - he lost farm eligibility at 160 games played.

My team is bad and rebuilding, and I have cap space - but if I pick him up I'll be stuck with him for the full contract duration unless I can trade him or buy him out.

His contract is 5 x $4.75 million.

Youth assets are Svechnikov, Lafreniere, Werenski, Theodore and a handful of lesser prospects but no decent centres in the pipeline.

Is White worth taking a chance on becoming a 1C or 2C? At his salary, he's too expensive as a bottom 6 player.

It's a really deep league - 24 teams, 23 slot main roster plus 30 farm players. Virtually everyone seeing NHL games is rostered and every prospect over 3-4% owned on FT is taken.
    23-24 NHL Schedule
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1242679413
    See number of games, off night games and back to back games for each match up

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Colin White

Never played in a cap league so I can't speak to that, but I'm a Sens fan. I'd avoid Colin White completely, he's definitely not a 1C, and shouldn't be a 2C either, unless you're the Ottawa Senators with no real center talent available immediately. But even with that, we have a couple young prospects in Norris, Brown and probably Stutzle that will definitely be ahead of him, so he won't be our 2C either going forward. He's not a great player in general to be honest, and his contract is horrible for us, so if that's a consideration for your fantasy league, it's just one more reason to pass up on him. He's better served as a winger, but even then he belongs on third line not second. We may not even protect him in the expansion draft, he's that bad unfortunately, most of us are hoping he gets swapped out for picks soon before his value plummets completely and the rest of the league figures out how bad he is..

Edit: I should also mention he's been a healthy scratched a few games already this season, rookies and other scrubs including 4th liners have been chosen to play over him, which is not a great sign regarding his progress at this point. Some of it can be attributed to questionable roster decisions by our coach, but most of it has to do with White himself.

Dobber Sports Deity

I wouldn't bother with White at that cap hit/term. I play in a couple leagues that are similar to yours when it comes to owning/dropping guys currently under contract. That's a lot of money to be tied up in a guy who clearly hasn't earned the coaches trust to this point yet.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Magnificent One

I own him in another similar league and I was hoping for good stuff and clearly that hasn’t happened. Hate to give advice since I’m in this league ��. However the last two games he averaged about the most even strength time on ice on the team so who knows maybe he is back on the coaches good graces and he did manage a goal and assist in last game with PP time with Stutzle.

Maybe it’s a wait and see type thing but don’t wait too long
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the replies, fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post

Maybe it’s a wait and see type thing but don’t wait too long
    Hey bud, thanks! I know he won't sit there for long.

Someone signed Skinner out of the free agent pool which defies belief with that contract.
    23-24 NHL Schedule
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1242679413
    See number of games, off night games and back to back games for each match up