Thread: Sorokin on Taxi Squad?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Sorokin on Taxi Squad?

Hello all,

This taxi squad has confused me a bit but what are people's thoughts on Sorokin being sent down? I drafted him thinking that it'd be a time share with Varly. And I know Varlamov has been killing it but is Schneider better over Sorokin or is there a something I'm missing?

Thank you
    13 Team Best Ball. Pts G,A 1:1 Ratio. 2 Drops (for injured player) for the season. No Pos.
    Auston Matthews, Tim Stutzle, Nico Hischier, Adrian Kempe, Elias Lindholm, Patrick Laine, Filip Forsberg, Gabe Vilardi, Logan Cooley, Owen Tippett

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Sorokin on Taxi Squad?

Schneiders contract is less expensive, so when the Isle swap the two players the save cap space which they can bank for the trade deadline. I'd expect them to make this paper transaction on every non-game day then call Sorokin back up on game days.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Immortal

https://eyesonisles.com/2021/01/29/i...squad-mistake/

Before the game, the team elected to send Sorokin to the taxi squad so that both Kieffer Bellows and Oliver Wahlstrom could play.

Don’t get me wrong, I was thrilled that both Bellows and Wahlstrom were going to be in the lineup but the reasoning behind sending Sorokin to the taxi squad doesn’t make any sense.

The Isles have three goalies on the roster with Semyon Varlamov, Ilya Sorokin, and Cory Schneider. Of the three Sorokin is the only one who is waiver exempt so they elected to move Sorokin down. They didn’t have to.

Leo Komarov, Ross Johnston, or Michael Dal Colle all could’ve passed through waivers. Nobody is picking them up and even under the slightest of chances that end up happening, are we crying about losing any of them?

The Great One

Lots of teams are rotating their waivers exempt players onto the taxi sqad on off days to do exactly what HMG23 said - bizzzank that cap space!!
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Administrator

It's just salary cap games to get others in the lineup. They're going with Varlamov so it doesn't really matter who sits on the bench in the short term. I expect him to be back on the main roster soon enough.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Expert

Sorokin is waiver-exempt and on a 1-way contract. This will happen again throughout the season for cap purposes/chances for Schneider, Bellows, Wahlstrom, Koivula to play. Worry not my friend.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks everyone that helps my fantasy anxiety cuz I didn't understand Sorokin for Schneider and couldn't find any info on it. I already have made to many rash goalie decisions already.