Thread: Trade Gurianov now?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Trade Gurianov now?

Limited Keeper, but Guri is making a case to be one of 8 held at the end of the year. Should I try to package him for a definite upgrade or hold?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Trade Gurianov now?

Quote Originally Posted by alastairzander View Post
    Limited Keeper, but Guri is making a case to be one of 8 held at the end of the year. Should I try to package him for a definite upgrade or hold?
    All depends on your league setup and current team.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Unlike Pavelski's DAL points, I don't find Gurianov's to be super impressive.
    Gurianov is a volume shooter... and a good sniper.

But his points aren't THAT impressive to me.
    Last night, for example, he had 3pts.

His had the primary assist on the 2nd goal... but it was this blind turn-around shot that popped loose and wasn't pushed home by Cogliano. It wasn't really a pass... but he got a primary assist. Meh.
    His goal, DAL 3rd, was a nice move... but it was a two-on-one where he elected not to pass. (Part of Gurianov's game is "shoot first" - and I don't completely love that.) He didn't have his head fully up on the shot, so he wasn't even primed to pick a spot. And the DET defender actually got a good piece of it... but the DET forward ended up taking out his own goalie leaving the right side of the net wide open... which is where the puck went in. Pretty lucky goal, IMO - volume shooters get these, but still meh, for me.
    He had primary assist on the 6th goal, which was an empty netter... and that one too was just a clear that bounced right and was eventually picked up in the neutral zone and fired home by Dowling. Meh.

Don't get me wrong... he IS a very solid player.
    But he's not a keeper in a 10-team keep 8 or a 12-team keep 8.
    (16-team Keep 8... maybe...)

Anyways - yes, if you can get a big return on him right now... do it.
    Target the Pavelski owner... because he likely is in-the-clouds for his love of Dallas scoring to this point!!!

Administrator

It's all relative man, need context to provide the appropriate answer. Could you sell high? Maybe, if someone is looking to buy. And here's the thing, if you go out shopping Gurianov hard, are you tipping your hand?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Could be a good idea to shop him as I doubt he will maintain the same level of production for the same reasons stated by Pengwin. Also, when Benn and Seguin will be back, he will likely see a decrease in ice time.

However as metaldude mentionned, if you shop him too hard you might tip your hand here.
    Multi categories 6-teams keeper league

Keep 9, Points based
    Active: 3C-3LW-3RW-6D-2G (Daily rosters)
    Bench: 4
    Scoring for skaters: G (3), A (2), PP (0.5), +/- (0.2) Hits (0.2), Blocks (0.2), Extra 0.5 for D-men G and A
    Scoring for goalies: W (3), L (-1), OL + ShL (+1), GA (-1) Saves (0.2), Shutouts (1), SV%

ROSTER:
    C: Crosby - McDavid - Trocheck
    LW: Kaprizov - J.T. Miller (C,RW) - Marchand
    RW: Rantanen (C) - Kucherov - Necas (C)
    D: Hedman - Dahlin - Hamilton- Heiskanen - R. Andersson - Karlsson
    G: Hellebuyck - Markstrom
    Bench: Fleury (G) - Pionk - Benn (C,LW) - Bratt (LW,RW)
    IR:

Dobber Sports Initiate

I also got Gurianov in limited keeper and while I'm not sold on his long term production, I think his perceived value will continue to rise for a while. He has only played 5 game yet, around 16 min per game and Dallas will continue to rely on him for offense for the foreseeable future. I wouldn't be opposed to trading him high, but I also drafted him because I thought he'd take off. What kind of assets would I be able to get if I actively shop a 5-games-played-Gurianov?

I'm holding on for now. If someone approaches me to buy Gurianov now, I'd be interested to trade him for a good keeper in return. I doubt it would happen in my league.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

In your limited keeper, he's in play to be a keeper, but if you can get more of a sure thing, go for it.

I grabbed him for my dynasty league in sig, but he very much fits my team, due to needing to somewhat focus on players from the same NHL team, and the league is deep enough that he'll be useful.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

if gurianov + another player = 1 player you deem worthy enough to consider a ''keeper upgrade'' then why not ?

is anyone knocking the door down to aquire him from you ?