Thread: oscar moller

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default oscar moller

Any word on his long term potential? He seems to be doing really well and getting lots of playing time in LA.

Is he worth a pick up? Point Potential Long Term? Short Term

Appreciate anyone\'s comments! Karma will be rewarded.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default oscar moller

Think: poor mans Pavel Bure. Short, stocky, wicked shot, tough in the corners. Not afraid to hit, get hit, make a play, and in Junior so far anyways - able to take over a game. not Bure\'s 60+ goals there, but I watched him for 2 years in the WHL and I tell ya, they\'re drowning this year without him.

They\'ll give him a long look there this season, but if he keeps up the pace he\'s on, he\'s in LA for the season. I agree with Dob\'s 80-odd point potential. He led the PP in Chilliwack, worked the half boards, the point, corner...whereever.

and a toothless grin that only his mother would love!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default oscar moller

Knuckles14 wrote:
    Think: poor mans Pavel Bure. Short, stocky and a toothless grin that only his mother would love!!
    How is this anything like Pavel Bure?:laugh:

Bure was 5\'11, skinny as hell(191 LBS.) & had all his teeth.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default oscar moller

NYR - never seen either play? Very similar stature on the ice. short and wide. When Bure was in Vancouver, he sure didn\'t play like 191 lbs. More like 210. I have no idea what he weighed back then, but the guy was SOLID. Moller has the same stature in my eyes. Been watching OM live for 2 years, and have had others agree with my assessment at the games.

I\'ll give you the teeth thing though, although I see you cut it from 2 places in my notes. My point was that he\'s a little fireball who has little regard for his body when he plays. The bit at the end of my comments was meant to get a laugh, not be a comparison to PB.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default oscar moller

TheShow - This could possibly be the one and only time you will ever hear Moller compared to the Russian Rocket.
    If I\'m at the game and feeding my buddies beers they too will agree with just about any analysis I give.
    Moller might turn out to be a good hockey player and fantasy asset from what I have seen from him but do not overvalue based on this comparison.
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default oscar moller

good god.

I mentioned specifically that he wasn\'t the 60+ guy that Bure was, but that he played with the same style.

I\'ve watched Moller play 40+ games in junior and called him a \'poor mans\' Bure. hmy:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default oscar moller

On the surface, I will agree with Dobber\'s 80 point upside....but....there is just something about this guy that seems special. I am not saying he is a lock for more than 80 pts., but I wouldn\'t be surprised it he hit 95 points one season. For now though, he is trying to stick in LA. Do not overate for this season. I still wouldn\'t come close to calling him a Bure, but I do see where the poor-mans version makes sense...this guy can snipe, and he from anywhere. The real difference is this guy plays anywhere in the offensive zone...will sacrifice his body. I really like this guy...he is no weiner...that is for sure!
    12 Team Keeper (max 4 years) ($270 RLD)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, and 2 G weekly
    STATS: F (G,A,GWG) D (G,A,+/-) G (W,GAA,SV%)
    FWD -
    DEF-
    GOAL-

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default oscar moller

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default oscar moller

I live in L.A. so I can only tell you what I have seen from his short NHL career:

He works hard every shift.

He is not afraid to shoot the puck, even if it is an odd angle, and as such he scores goals.

He is very shifty with the puck.

He has some decent speed.

The Kings staff is very high on his work ethic, on both sides of the ice.

He has played well no matter who or where they line him up.

I think it is likely that he will live up to the 80 point potential, but I would expect it to occur a bit sooner than anticipated.

I also think he has the potential to be a bit higher than an 80 point player say maybe a season or 2 of 90.