Thread: What to do with Filip Gustavsson?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default What to do with Filip Gustavsson?

I'm in a dynasty league and I own Filip Gustavsson. 2 years ago he was suppose to be one of the best goalie prospect, I think he was 3rd behind Shesterkin and Sorokin. Unfortunately I took the wrong one.

He's actually taking a NA spot and there's other players on my team that I would like to put at that spot, we have a max of 5. This year is likely his last chance to show what he can do. He's actually playing really good in a 2nd level league in Sweden.

Actually my goalies kinda sucks but I have some good prospect at goalies. My goalies are:

Georgiev
    Driedger
    Primeau
    Prosvetov
    Gustavsson
    Spencer Knight

We can have a max of 5 NA players but because I own Knight and he's not in yahoo, I can put 4 players on NA plus Knight. Actually I have these players that can go on the NA spot

Comtois
    Sandin
    Drysdale
    Primeau
    Prosvetov
    Gustavsson
    Spencer Knight

What's the strenght of Sweden's 2nd league compared to the AHL?
    Should I keep Filip Gustavsson?
    It hurts me to drop a prospect like him who used to have really high value. Also, both Comtois and Sandin are on their team's taxi squad and should be called up during the season and lose their NA tag, so maybe I can leave them on my bench instead of putting them on the NA spot?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: What to do with Filip Gustavsson?

Any time you have a goalie prospect you have to expect he's going to be a slow moving train.

You've got more than enough slow moving trains with better upside so I'd have no issues cutting him free. He might pan out but he's probably still a year or two out before we really know for sure.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

I also would have no problem dumping Gustavsson. All of the other guys you listed are much more valuable than he is. If you really like Gustavsson, he will still be available a year from now.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Comtois
    Sandin
    Drysdale
    Prosvetov
    Spencer Knight

Would be my 5
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Daccord might even have overtaken Gustavsson; I wouldn't hestitate to cut bait. That's why drafting goalie high is very risky.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks everyone, I'll drop Gustavsson even if I didn't want to.