Thread: Help Rank My Ten Prospects for Upcoming Draft

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Help Rank My Ten Prospects for Upcoming Draft

I know there are a lot of lists out there (even I myself have asked a similar question on trade strategy with two picks already) but every league is different (see signature for my dynasty league details). And given the World Juniors are well underway plus camps open I thought there may be some major changes right now. Given that IÂ’ve listed what I view as the top 15 available (in order) to get your feedback on my rankings. Notice there are some guys from earlier years who snuck through the draft and are available.

I have picks 4 & 7 but might trade around that so listing my top 15 here. As of right now it looks like IÂ’ll be taking Rossi and then Askarov (but only if Raymond and Holtz both go as the next two picks between my 4 and 7).

Lafreniere
    Byfield
    Stuetzle
    Rossi
    Raymond
    Holtz
    Askarov

Perfetti
    McMichael

Khakkonen
    Oetinger

Drysdale

Quinn
    Tomasino
    Lundell
    Multi-cat H2H full keeper league with 12 teams, 25 roster spots plus 5 “farm” spots so willing to wait 2-3 years on drafted guys before calling them up (any longer and they are eating valuable prospect spot for too long).

Cats are G A Pts Hits PIMs PPP SHP GWG and W Sv% GAA SO, and position matters we have CCC LWLWLW RWRWRW DDDDDD GG on any given night with daily changes.

Team is a rebuilding team weaker at D than forwards goalies are average and young.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Help Rank My Ten Prospects for Upcoming Draft

So, with +/-, and not counting hits or blocks, ONLY PP-1 defensemen need to apply. Is Matt Grzelcyk, or Adam Boqvist, or Alex Romanov out there, either as prospects or current players? Then yeah, I’m an Askarov believer, so I’d favor picking him at 7. Oettinger may also be ready for prime time as of 2021-22.

You say you’re strongest at FWD, but I don’t see any of the defensemen to be worth a 4th overall - so who gets quickest promotion to PP-1? Pathway for Lundell in Florida? Rossi in Minnesota? Probably my top two.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    So, with +/-, and not counting hits or blocks, ONLY PP-1 defensemen need to apply. Is Matt Grzelcyk, or Adam Boqvist, or Alex Romanov out there, either as prospects or current players? Then yeah, I’m an Askarov believer, so I’d favor picking him at 7. Oettinger may also be ready for prime time as of 2021-22.

You say you’re strongest at FWD, but I don’t see any of the defensemen to be worth a 4th overall - so who gets quickest promotion to PP-1? Pathway for Lundell in Florida? Rossi in Minnesota? Probably my top two.

Romanov is but the other two are taken. Totally agree with your “only PP1 need apply”. That’s how this league works. If you have a guy who doesn’t get PP time he’s useless. Any other players you’d put above Askarov? I’m thinking if Raymond or Holtz are there I have to take one (given the importance of wingers and goals in my setup). But don’t think Drysdale qualifies as a “must have” even though D are important. If I’m going to wait 2 years for a difference I want it to be a goalie.
    Multi-cat H2H full keeper league with 12 teams, 25 roster spots plus 5 “farm” spots so willing to wait 2-3 years on drafted guys before calling them up (any longer and they are eating valuable prospect spot for too long).

Cats are G A Pts Hits PIMs PPP SHP GWG and W Sv% GAA SO, and position matters we have CCC LWLWLW RWRWRW DDDDDD GG on any given night with daily changes.

Team is a rebuilding team weaker at D than forwards goalies are average and young.

Dobber Sports Stud

Shea Weber is 35, Jeff Petry is 33. Romanov is a damn good gamble.

Askarov has superstar potential but goalies are always a crapshoot. Who’s to say Spencer Knight isn’t traded to Chicago for a pick (and Panthers bet on Devon Levi) ?

I hesitate on Raymond, as the list above him is longer than some.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson