Thread: Trade Idea: Hischier & Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade Idea: Hischier & Svechnikov

Points only keeper league trade idea:

I have three 1st round picks and the other GM has no 1st round picks or seconds and he is really after some draft picks plus his team is very deep at forward.

Nico Hischier, the 8th and 14th overall picks

for

Andrei Svechnikov & Vasili Podzkolzin

I have the Hischier side and looking to add a stud offensive forward as my team is weakest there. Is the ceiling difference between Hischier & Svechnikov worth the 1st rounders?
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Trade Idea: Hischier & Svechnikov

I like this trade. Svechnikov is an upgrade to Hischier and Podkolzin is no slouch himself. Gotta give to get but anything outside the top seven picks is a tier down in my eyes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

If I owned Svech here, I wouldn't accept that offer. As Axe said, the drop after the first seven picks or so wouldn't be worth it to me.

So, to answer your question: yes, this is a good trade for you, if you can pull it off.

Dobber Sports Genius

I like it too. Instant win for you. You're no slouch on forwards and this will certainly help. Nice going on the Hughes, Makar, Chabot threesome
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like it as well. Not as sure as the other guys, but these are your 2 least good firsts, right?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would keep the 10th overall
    Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I like it as well. Not as sure as the other guys, but these are your 2 least good firsts, right?
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Fair point, that being said Gm's who are going for it will pick UFA's with there 1st round picks so the top 7 of the real NHL Draft will drop down if that makes sense
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    If I owned Svech here, I wouldn't accept that offer. As Axe said, the drop after the first seven picks or so wouldn't be worth it to me.

So, to answer your question: yes, this is a good trade for you, if you can pull it off.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks! I was lucky to draft both Makar & Hughes. Aquired Chabot in a trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I like it too. Instant win for you. You're no slouch on forwards and this will certainly help. Nice going on the Hughes, Makar, Chabot threesome

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd try to deal 10 & 14, and keep 8th for yourself, that way if he balks, you can move to 8th.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the feedback!