Thread: Partial keeper draft targets

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Partial keeper draft targets

League is a points only, 6F 3D 1G with roster size of 16, keep 8.
    I'm middle of the pack, my keepers are decent but not top of the line. My salary is also middle of the road, as I've kept 3 ELC guys.

My team so far:
    Bergeron $6.8m
    Ovi $9.5m
    Guentzel $6m
    Lindholm $4.8m
    Stone $9.5m

Q. Hughes $0.9m
    Hronek $0.7m

Hart $0.75m

I pick 4th overall. Almost a slam dunk Lafrenierre goes 1st. But then it's up in the air. I'm looking at one of Byfield, Yamamoto, N. Suzuki or Fiala since they're all cheap. Byfield probably has the most upside but then he takes up a spot for at least a year until he produces. Are Yamamoto or Suzuki cheap-er enough than Fiala to pick them over him? He was on a crazy pace at the end of last year, and the other two are less proven.
    Other guys available include Kuznetzov, O'Reilly, Larkin, Ehlers, R. Strome, Samsonov, Shesterkin, Kaprizov. These guys are all decent but more $ and I feel like you could take any one of them in round 2 and be just as happy.

What would you do? Long term Byfield? Short term riskier but cheap suzuki/yamamoto? Cheapish Fiala? More proven but expensive guy like Kuznetzov? I have no idea.
    If it helps, there are 3 or 4 guys in the league out of 12 that care enough to make significant trades, so it's a bit tricky, but could definitely be done if my team sucks and I decide to ship out my old dudes and restock at some point this year.

Thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Partial keeper draft targets

Somewhat depends on the league’s points-scoring structure. Are GK’s valued for wins = ?? Yeah, Shesterkin is in the powerful East, but a) a year from now you have the best duo in the league - or b) you already have the best trading chip. If GK points aren’t as high, I’d go for Fiala, hoping Suzuki or Marco Rossi or Dylan Cozens can be your high-quality prospect, not far behind Lafreniere (NO player comes with the guarantee they’ve promised for him)...
    FROZEN TUNDRA, 2023-24 league champions, Canadian Hockey Eh

12-team Yahoo league, 10th year. H2H. Keep 15

Aho, Monahan, Coyle, Kadri

Jarvis, Fiala, Slafkovsky, Byfield, Verhaeghe
    Josi, Morrissey, Montour
    Oettinger, Ullmark, Brossoit

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Goalie scoring would help a lot here, as would starter structure/roster sizes.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sorry. It’s weekly H2H rosters, so having more than 1 stud starting goalie doesn’t really help too much. Scoring is 1 for goals and assists, 2 for goalie win. Maybe 1 extra for a shutout but I honestly don’t remember at this point.
    Start 6F, 3D, 1G each week. Roster size 16, keep 8, so an 8 round draft.