Thread: Keeper league looking for 2 new GM's

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Keeper league looking for 2 new GM's

Hello there! I am in a keeper league heading into year three on yahoo. It is H2H with 23 players and six keepers. We have had 14 teams for the past two years but are reducing it to 12 for this upcoming year. We therefore have four available teams to choose from. Teams and scoring are as follows;

Scoring is pretty standard;
    G-3;A-2; PPP-1; SHP-1; GWG-1; SOG-0.2; BLK-0.4
    GOALIES; GS-2; W-3.5; GA--1
    SV-0.1; SO-3

Teams available top six players (as chosen by me)

Team one

Pastrnak; Bergeron; Marner; Rantanen; Hubredeau; Markstrom/Backstrom/Lindholm

*This team has all of its picks including 6th overall in the first round*

Last year placement; 9th

Team two;

Point; Eichel; Marchand; Josi; Letang; Werenski/Fiala/Konecny/E.Kane

*This team traded it's first round pick last year (for E.Kane) and does not pick until late in round 2*

Last year placement; 1st

Team Three:

Panarin; Svechnikov; Burns; Dubois; Larkin; Peron/fleury

*This team has all of its picks including 3rd overall in the first round*

Last year placement 14th

Team Four:

Hart; Wheeler; Pacioretty; Wilson; Schenn; Kuemper/Marchessault

*This team has all of its picks including 5th overall in the first round*

Last year placement 12th

As you can see there is a gulf in quality between some of the teams. A draw will be done between the two new manages and whomever wins can pick from any of these available teams and the loser can pick from any of the remaining three.

Entry fee is $150 CDN.

The winnings are distributed as follows;

Winner after playoff qualification =$800
    Finalist after playoff qualification =$400
    Third place semi finalist winner after playoff qualification =$300
    Fourth place semi finalist loser after p;layoff qualification=$150 (break even)
    Consolation prize winner-did not qualify for playoffs=$150 (break even)

*We are considering a $$$ prize for the President's trophy winner who finished first in the regular season so as to motivate teams to keep going even if playoff qualification looks to be a certainty. This has yet to be decided*

Trade tidbits and info:

This is an active league with more than the typical number of trades I would say.

We have a trade deadline day typically a few weeks prior to the start of the playoffs.

Trading of picks is allowed with the caveat that any picks you trade must be replaced in that trade by another pick-in other words if I am struggling and decide to rebuild my team for the following season and trade one of my better players to a competitor for his/her 1st round pick I have to include one of my picks in the trade so it balances out and both parties still have 16 picks in the following year's draft-though I would now have their 1st round and they would receive another round pick of mine.

If you are interested in joining a fun and active league full of like-minded hockey lovers who are passionate about fantasy hockey, this would be great league to join. We are an active and engaged group and we are hoping to add two players to the fold that will bring a similar level of enthusiasm to our league.

If you have interest in joining please feel free to reach out to me @
    [email protected]

FYI; I am the assistant commish of the league so if you reach out and are interested in taking next steps the commish of our league will formally reach out to you via email.

Let me know, folks!

Many thanks-Lucas (Vancouver)
    Last edited by Marx2279; December 17, 2020 at 7:35 PM. Reason: Pool in question is now full. How do I delete this?