Thread: Tiered Dobber leagues?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Tiered Dobber leagues?

Is anyone taking these on this year?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Tiered Dobber leagues?

Horrorfan used to, but I don't think he's going to manage them again. Niconasr took them on and then had some family stuff come up and wasn't around since then.
    I would love to but I have way too much on my plate now that I'm cutting a league or two in preparation for a busy 2021. I'm sure someone around here could be tempted into running it all.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Wolverine

Yeah I'm done with managing them, and not sure if I'll even play if they return. From an email earlier this year, it's unlikely that Niconasr will return to run the competition.

That said, if someone was interested I can get them in touch with Niconasr who has all the information from last season.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

HF, what were/are the issues with managing them and playing in them?

I have managed things like this in the past and I am interested but I also have a sick three year old and know that my “give a crap” switches off pretty quickly right now.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by duntroon68 View Post
    HF, what were/are the issues with managing them and playing in them?

I have managed things like this in the past and I am interested but I also have a sick three year old and know that my “give a crap” switches off pretty quickly right now.
    Not so much issues it just takes time, more at the organising/setup/recruitment stages than anything else. It's not difficult, it's just making sure everything is covered. Happy to go over it in more detail via PM if you want.

As for playing, for me probably the main reason I might choose to stop playing is that I'm never able to draft live.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well, if no one else wants it, I can give it a go. This thing needs an executive committee. Like three people to approve rule and setting changes or the appointment of a manager.

HF, Eastern time, what times work for you to draft live.

The Wolverine

Well, if no one else wants it, I can give it a go. This thing needs an executive committee. Like three people to approve rule and setting changes or the appointment of a manager.

HF, Eastern time, what times work for you to draft live.
    I can only draft on weekends not too late (I'm 5 hours ahead of Eastern). That would be difficult for most people so don't worry about me.

Send me a PM with your email and I'll pass it along to Niconasr.

Thanks for stepping in.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I’m in a league that insists on drafting at 1:00 pm on a Saturday. I’ve drafted live once in four years because my wife ain’t having that. But it can be done.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I’m in a league that insists on drafting at 1:00 pm on a Saturday. I’ve drafted live once in four years because my wife ain’t having that. But it can be done.
    That might possibly be the worst time anyone can draft! WTF. Maybe it's all a plan to have as many auto drafts as possible?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    That might possibly be the worst time anyone can draft! WTF. Maybe it's all a plan to have as many auto drafts as possible?
    That would just be weird. I hate when someone in the draft is auto drafting. Hate it.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch