Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Trump Finally Allows Formal Transition to Biden

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Trump Finally Allows Formal Transition to Biden

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    I hope you never have to.
    Me too. I grew up in inner city projects, and am not fond of them. I've had random gunfire around me a few times, and I know when to to duck behind things.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports All-Star

The Orange Paradox – When you are banned from Twitter and Facebook for severe violations of their integrity policy but you still have access to the nuclear codes.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Deity

Watching the news like many last night, the talk came out about possibly invoking the 25th amendment due to Trumps "instability" LOL!

The first thing that came into my head when this news broke is that I cant help but wonder if this isn't part of Trump's master plan and isn't from his own hands. Think about it. He can't pardon himself so he needs Pence in power somehow. He won't concede the election so there's no way he's stepping down. How else can he get Pence in power? Hey, I got it, lets invoke the 25th. This allows Trump to still look defiant to his supporters and he doesn't lose "face" with them. If anything, it makes him probably look more like a martyr so to say. He's going to die on that "hill".

Maybe I am just overthinking it and giving him too much credit to think about something like this with everything thats going on around him, but nothing surprises me when it comes to Trump anymore.

I wonder if the scenes we watched on TV yesterday was the "greatness" he promised four years ago?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I couldn't believe the mass difference between yesterday and the summer.

Some people can't sleep in their own bed without getting shot, some people get helped walking down steps at the Federal building they just broke into.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post

I don't think we're a few weeks away from the end of this. I'm strongly considering buying a gun.
    I was given a pistol a few days ago and I'm glad I have it. My wife who never wanted a gun in the house did not object after I explained how I was going to keep it secure.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    We are just lucky only one person was killed. Bravo to the police for not escalating the situation like they likely would have at a BLM protest. One might argue they were too lenient, I mean they pretty much just let the rioters have the run of the place, but in doing so they saved countless injuries and lives.
    I watched a bit of CNN yesterday (which I am acknowledging is nearly as biased as its right wing counterpart, Fox), and they kept mentioning White House security and law enforcement were not only lenient, but encouraging things--taking selfies with protestors. I have only briefly gone back to see how accurate that is (https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mean...233350616.html is one of many articles stating it), but if that's the case... ugh. That's not leniency, that's a stark and disgusting contrast to BLM protests and shows why there's some legitimate criticism of law enforcement in this country.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 5hole View Post
    November 7, 2020, 4:07 PM
    5hole replied to a thread US election thread? in Get Political

"You kids are about to see the unveiling of the largest "Election Fraud Sting" in the history of the American Republic.

Full exposure of all fake ballots created by Dem's as the Official's contain an undetectable encrypted water mark on them , it will also expose the Dominion software they used to flip votes and it's ties to George Soros , and the mathematical discrepancies using Benford's Law for the massive ballot dumps for biden are just a small peek into the evidence that will be presented for SCOTUS ( why do you think they fought so hard to stop ACB from being installed, we saw this coming miles away). Mass undercover agents were positioned across the country as well as the National guard... Deep State got caught with their fingers in the jar!!!

The 6 corporation, Cabal controlled media does not confirm the election kids!!!

Enjoy the Show Sleepers , you want to "See to Believe" here ya gooooooo <3 "
    Is THIS the “show” you were eluding to? A bunch of domestic terrorists having a temper tantrum? We’re you one of them? Thoughts on your President’s actions to date? Still support this individual? Never to late to pull the shoot.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    I watched a bit of CNN yesterday (which I am acknowledging is nearly as biased as its right wing counterpart, Fox), and they kept mentioning White House security and law enforcement were not only lenient, but encouraging things--taking selfies with protestors. I have only briefly gone back to see how accurate that is (https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mean...233350616.html is one of many articles stating it), but if that's the case... ugh. That's not leniency, that's a stark and disgusting contrast to BLM protests and shows why there's some legitimate criticism of law enforcement in this country.
    100%

If the colour of the protestors skin was darker...only 1 death would not be what would be reported.

You saw people LITERALLY stealing federal property and nothing happened to them. I couldn't believe the difference in force used by law enforcement.

Next is, how many of those people do we think are are supporters of Blue Lives Matter? And how many of those were yelling/punching/pushing cops last night?

Dobber Sports Ninja

How Democrats, who now control the House, Senate, and Presidency, handle this situation, is going to set the stage for how soon this type of thing happens again.

You either come down hard and fix the system that created this mess, or it's going to come back again with a vengeance. Good luck Americans.

Dobber Sports Deity

There was more than one death from yesterday's protests. I heard four as of this morning. Sad. Their blood is on Mr Trumps hands.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Couple of things.

Congress confirmed the electoral college. Joe Biden will be sworn in. Trump and his allies lost 62 lawsuits, 3 recounts, and "staged a failed coup at the US Capitol to avoid this results".

But you know, the election was stolen from Trump.

FBI is asking for pictures of people at the Capitol Hill wanting them to arrest/charge them.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Watching the news like many last night, the talk came out about possibly invoking the 25th amendment due to Trumps "instability" LOL!

The first thing that came into my head when this news broke is that I cant help but wonder if this isn't part of Trump's master plan and isn't from his own hands. Think about it. He can't pardon himself so he needs Pence in power somehow. He won't concede the election so there's no way he's stepping down. How else can he get Pence in power? Hey, I got it, lets invoke the 25th. This allows Trump to still look defiant to his supporters and he doesn't lose "face" with them. If anything, it makes him probably look more like a martyr so to say. He's going to die on that "hill".

Maybe I am just overthinking it and giving him too much credit to think about something like this with everything thats going on around him, but nothing surprises me when it comes to Trump anymore.

I wonder if the scenes we watched on TV yesterday was the "greatness" he promised four years ago?
    I think invoking the 25th amendment and then immediately pardoning Trump would be the death knell to the Republican party. I have some family members that aren't necessarily Trumpets, but are strong enough supporters of the Republican party that they supported Trump, and last night changed their opinion of Trump/that movement. I don't know why exactly yesterday was the nail that killed it, but in talking to them they all want action taken against Trump.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I think invoking the 25th amendment and then immediately pardoning Trump would be the death knell to the Republican party. I have some family members that aren't necessarily Trumpets, but are strong enough supporters of the Republican party that they supported Trump, and last night changed their opinion of Trump/that movement. I don't know why exactly yesterday was the nail that killed it, but in talking to them they all want action taken against Trump.
    I'm glad to hear this. I had this exact conversation with my wife hoping that yesterday's actions would be enough to get the moderate Republicans to see what so many others have known for a while.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Couple of things.

Congress confirmed the electoral college. Joe Biden will be sworn in. Trump and his allies lost 62 lawsuits, 3 recounts, and "staged a failed coup at the US Capitol to avoid this results".

But you know, the election was stolen from Trump.

FBI is asking for pictures of people at the Capitol Hill wanting them to arrest/charge them.
    Just like the RCMP in the Vancouver Riots.

I bet there won't be an apology wall for this one though.

- - - Updated - - -

[Deleted]

Too far
    Last edited by Eskimo Brother; January 14, 2021 at 1:45 PM.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

- - - Updated - - -

Too far[/QUOTE]

[Shrugs] War is hell.