Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Thread: US election thread?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: US election thread?

Looks like Trump's gonna win.

Biden will need a lot luck to come back from this deficit, and if he pulls it off with the late tallies, Trump will dispute the results for sure.

Wow. Incredibly disappointing... I was hopeful this morning given the 100M+ early voters.

Dobber Sports Star

This is crazy. Certainly not the easy win that the polls would have had you believe for Biden. To me, it looks like a Trump win as well...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ace

There is def no landslide here, but curious how this looks like a Trump win? The sources I'm seeing have Biden up by like 100 electoral college votes, not to mention the fact that not everything has been counted and some states won't be called tonight.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    There is def no landslide here, but curious how this looks like a Trump win? The sources I'm seeing have Biden up by like 100 electoral college votes, not to mention the fact that not everything has been counted and some states won't be called tonight.
    Well it’s too early to flat out call, but Trump will win Texas and Florida, which are huge. That is 67 electoral votes. According to CNN, it’s 205 to 136 for Biden. It really comes down to Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Its coming down to the key swing states which will need to count all the votes. No one has any idea what those votes will hold. Have to count them.

Dobber Sports Star

When can we start rubbing it in the faces of people on both sides who were adamant it wouldn't even be close?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Its coming down to the key swing states which will need to count all the votes. No one has any idea what those votes will hold. Have to count them.
    For sure. My point is that this has to be demoralizing for Biden supporters who certainly didn’t expect this. They were thinking that by this time, it was going to be high fives and celebratory gunfire. Also, in the swing states of Pa, Wi and Mi, Biden is currently losing, which means that he really needs to come from behind to pull this off. Again, not the position Biden supporters were thinking they would be in at this time.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    For sure. My point is that this has to be demoralizing for Biden supporters who certainly didn’t expect this. They were thinking that by this time, it was going to be high fives and celebratory gunfire. Also, in the swing states of Pa, Wi and Mi, Biden is currently losing, which means that he really needs to come from behind to pull this off. Again, not the position Biden supporters were thinking they would be in at this time.

Rylant
    Yes true. Trump has sent out his tweets about the election being stolen. This is all going down the worst case scenario road.

Dobber Sports Titan

If Biden wins one of Michigan, Georgia, or Pennsylvania then he wins the election I would think. Trump needs to win all 3, and he's the presumed winner of those states with a lot of mail-in voting to be counted. And a lot of (I think) Philly mail-in votes need to be counted which Biden apparently was "winning" in pre-election (which means nothing).

Here's the voting as of 7:17am in those states:
    Michigan (90% voted):
    Trump - 2,392,774
    Biden - 2,380,248

Pennsylvania (64% voted):
    Trump - 2,965,636
    Biden - 2,290,624

Georgia (94% voted):
    Trump - 2,380,946
    Biden - 2,278,123
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    When can we start rubbing it in the faces of people on both sides who were adamant it wouldn't even be close?
    Well that would be a waste of time. Most of those people screaming “landslide” were Trump supporters, or rather 5Hole. And he won’t care. He’ll probably say “I never said that, when did I say that?” Trump’s usual response when challenged.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Well, this really says a lot to me about the Majority of American voters. Last time May have been an “accident”. This time they’re going to get what they asked for.

Dobber Sports Master

man , some of these states are freaking close (michigan/wisconsin/nevada)I have serious doubts Biden catches up in Georgia and Pennsylvania

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    man , some of these states are freaking close (michigan/wisconsin/nevada)I have serious doubts Biden catches up in Georgia and Pennsylvania
    Penns is the more interesting state for me. The Philly area is around 70% voted, and it's a typical Dem area. So once more of that area is counted, we'll have a clearer picture. Same with the Detroit area in Michigan.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Well, this really says a lot to me about the Majority of American voters. Last time May have been an “accident”. This time they’re going to get what they asked for.
    Yes, this is my takeaway as well.

Also, even if Biden ekes out a win, with no Senate they wont be able to do much of anything to fix issues like the Supreme Court. Have to hope for 2022 midterms to go their way.

But again, half the country appears to want fascism, so I don't even know what to think about any of this any more.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Penns is the more interesting state for me. The Philly area is around 70% voted, and it's a typical Dem area. So once more of that area is counted, we'll have a clearer picture. Same with the Detroit area in Michigan.
    has it always been a situation where a state thats usually red can end up with a close result if the main metropolitan area votes heavily blue ? feels like the rural areas of the state and the more populated areas of the state are not on the same page .

I live in northern ontario and it feels like the same guys getting in over and over (NDP's Bisson and C. Angus)even if the rest of the province shifts to liberal or conservative