Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 53 ... LastLast

Thread: US election thread?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: US election thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    You do realize that those are mostly treatable conditions, right? Treatment for these illnesses have prolonged life expectancy all over the world. If you have these underlying conditions and contract Covid, your life expectancy likely diminishes. If you avoid Covid when you have these treatable underlying conditions, your life expenctancy does not diminish. Make sense?
    That's exactly the point Bramuin was trying to get across.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

You do realize that those are mostly treatable conditions, right? Treatment for these illnesses have prolonged life expectancy all over the world. If you have these underlying conditions and contract Covid, your life expectancy likely diminishes. If you avoid Covid when you have these treatable underlying conditions, your life expenctancy does not diminish. Make sense?
    Thank you Godin. I was about to type essentially what you wrote here. So I’ll just agree with your sentiments. These conditions don’t make anyone more susceptible for catching Covid. Ignorance is a bigger indicator of elevated risks to catch it. Complications arise when one who has one or more of these pre existing conditions catches Covid. And fatality rates increase for those people. Protecting yourself, however, is a choice. Not that a mask guarantees Immunity, but a mask coupled with sanitizing and using caution and “logic” makes it less likely to contract. Something the current White House administration fails to do and ... go figure ... the virus ran rampant thought that house.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I didn’t get this to be his point. Seemed more like he was claiming the US had a higher fatality rate because they are, as a national population, less healthy. Therefore it makes them more susceptible. This quite simply isn’t the case. What Godin pointed out is that IF a person with these conditions contracts Covid, there is an Increased chance of fatality. But the condition itself is not a factor in actually contracting the virus. Quite often it’s behavior that impacts likelihood to contract the Virus.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I didn’t get this to be his point. Seemed more like he was claiming the US had a higher fatality rate because they are, as a national population, less healthy. Therefore it makes them more susceptible. This quite simply isn’t the case. What Godin pointed out is that IF a person with these conditions contracts Covid, there is an Increased chance of fatality. But the condition itself is not a factor in actually contracting the virus. Quite often it’s behavior that impacts likelihood to contract the Virus.
    Whatever. I'm not going to go back and forth with you on what another poster was trying to convey. I easily understood the point he was trying to make, Americans on average are fatter than most (every?) nation in the world and if they contract COVID, they are at higher risk of dying, hence a higher mortality rate; you can choose to interpret his comments however you like. Back to Monday Night Football and cheering against my opponents fantasy players! lol

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Whatever. I'm not going to go back and forth with you on what another poster was trying to convey. I easily understood the point he was trying to make, Americans on average are fatter than most (every?) nation in the world and if they contract COVID, they are at higher risk of dying, hence a higher mortality rate; you can choose to interpret his comments however you like. Back to Monday Night Football and cheering against my opponents fantasy players! lol
    Fair enough. And agreed re Monday night fantasy football.

Dobber Sports All-Star

One million new cases of Covid-19 in the U.S. in one week. One fuc@'in million cases.... in a week.

The Trump administration utterly failed America. Utterly failed. Trump's only concern since the beginning of the pandemic was his ability to achieve re-election. His only concern. Subsequently, the Trump administration failed at every turn since the beginning of the pandemic and ultimately, Trump just gave up the fight completely. On October 28th the Trump administration claimed ending the Covid-19 pandemic as one of the highlights of his administration. Trump himself had given up on pandemic months before, prioritizing his re-election campaign as his sole focus, and now he has prioritized his false narrative of a "rigged" election over any concerns to battle the virus.

Trump tweets petulant and childish misinformation and conspiracy theories from the golf course as America is starved for guidance. Starved for a leader.

It is not surprising, but it is still disgusting.

And as if that wasn't bad enough Trump won't even let the adults in the room do the job for him out of petty spite and immaturity. Biden has done more planning and organizing to fight the pandemic in two weeks than Trump has done since the beginning of this plague, yet Joe's hands are tied as the President acts like a spoiled toddler refusing the allocation of intelligence, infrastructure and funding necessary to begin a meaningful response to this 3rd wave of the virus.

All the while more loved ones die.

This is your commander in chief MAGA's. This is your fu@*ing commander in chief.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Star

Americans on average are fatter than most (every?) nation in the world
    From 3 different sources regarding fatness/obesity/BMI/etc:

#12 - USA
    #26 - Canada

#20 - USA
    #44 - Canada

#8 - USA
    #17 - Canana

America isn't as fat as everyone likes to suggest.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    From 3 different sources regarding fatness/obesity/BMI/etc:

#12 - USA
    #26 - Canada

#20 - USA
    #44 - Canada

#8 - USA
    #17 - Canana

America isn't as fat as everyone likes to suggest.
    Meh, I demand a recount. You can't count the illegals in the country, it skews the numbers, lol! U-S-A, U-S-A, we're number one!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Meh, I demand a recount. You can't count the illegals in the country, it skews the numbers, lol! U-S-A, U-S-A, we're number one!
    Fake News! Fake News! Sit back down, you sir... are Fake News!

Or is it Forumname that’s Faking the news? No wait, it is Commish. Or is it Havan no Class? Everyone, EVERYONE is fake News! Oh what’s this? “Drew Brees is out with Broken ribs”, well that’s Karma, he had it coming when he retracted his statement... everyone but this ESPN appy thing on my phone is Fake News except when the ESPN appy thing talks about Hockey, those guys refused to come to my play date at the White House. They’re Fake Athletes. Semi Fake ESPN Appy. Hmmmmm Appy, Appy mmmmmmmMelania, grab me some crab cakes! And the last McRib I have wrapped up and hidden in the Resolution Desk in the Round Office room.

Hoping for a couple more Baldwin and Carey skits before this is all done.

Dobber Sports Titan

USA is home to 13% of the worlds fat population, the highest in the world. America isn't the fattest, but that's because America, just like their politics, are very polar. You're either extremely obese, or extremely healthy.

Obesity is a hard thing to nail down, because the data range across the population size like the USA is ridiculous. If we're doing it for COVID reasons, you need to see who is the most effected by the virus. So adults. Which depending on the source, the USA is the fattest country of people over the age of 15 (33% or something like that).

But all these stats are so hard to nail down a true number for the USA because of that population size, and the changing definition of obese and being "unhealthy"
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    USA is home to 13% of the worlds fat population, the highest in the world. America isn't the fattest, but that's because America, just like their politics, are very polar. You're either extremely obese, or extremely healthy.

Obesity is a hard thing to nail down, because the data range across the population size like the USA is ridiculous. If we're doing it for COVID reasons, you need to see who is the most effected by the virus. So adults. Which depending on the source, the USA is the fattest country of people over the age of 15 (33% or something like that).

But all these stats are so hard to nail down a true number for the USA because of that population size, and the changing definition of obese and being "unhealthy"
    All good points and all have nothing to do with Contracting Covid. Actually, I’ll pump the brakes on that statement. The correlation may lie in the common sense and judgement of such people that fall into the Stats OG stated above. The “it won’t happen to me” syndrome. That can be applied with a wide sweeping Brush. And that belief can influence ongoing poor choices, Fast food vs taking time to eat healthy, smoking over vaping over not poluting your lungs, life style changes to counteract type 2 diabetes and maybe even reverse it vs head in the sand “Doc, I trust in you so give me a pill”. And the far greater challenge of maintaining a healthy fight against type 1 diabetes or “Accidental/forced” Diabetes, which often gets incorrectly categorized with type 2 resulting in negative and incorrect stereotypes for those living with type 1 constantly fighting with their CGM’s and needle pricks or Pump chirping at them endlessly making burn out inevitable. “It won’t happen to me” sets the table for further health issues and yes, poor behavior making contraction of Covid more likely and then the pre existing conditions make dealing with the virus, quite often deadly.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Not quite. Bramuin is blaming the existing condition for deaths which is what Trump and his followers are doing. According to them, there are only about 10,000 Covid deaths in America. It's like saying a 100 year old woman died from old age after being run over by a dump truck.

Dobber Sports Titan

Not quite. Bramuin is blaming the existing condition for deaths which is what Trump and his followers are doing. According to them, there are only about 10,000 Covid deaths in America. It's like saying a 100 year old woman died from old age after being run over by a dump truck.
    It's actually closer to saying you died of blood loss after being shot by a gun, and blaming you for having blood.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

It's actually closer to saying you died of blood loss after being shot by a gun, and blaming you for having blood.

You sir get the gold star for literally blowing my mind with that! lol

Dobber Sports Ninja

Statistics are interesting. Do you count the people who died with COVID or because of COVID? You can't ignore pre-existing conditions affect whether you live or die (co-morbidities) if you contract COVID. Are the number of dead from COVID being politicized/manipulated? I think that it's a fair question.