Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: US election thread?

Dobber Sports Star

Default US election thread?

So, I know that they have already shut down the original “Donald Trump and Election” thread due to, all sorts of garbage? Any chance we can start another thread specifically about the election as we approach Election Day? No doubt, this thread will eventually be shut down, but it might be insightful and entertaining until that happens.

Rylant

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: US election thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    So, I know that they have already shut down the original “Donald Trump and Election” thread due to, all sorts of garbage? Any chance we can start another thread specifically about the election as we approach Election Day? No doubt, this thread will eventually be shut down, but it might be insightful and entertaining until that happens.

Rylant
    Agreed. This election is one of the biggest events in our lifetime. It would be strange if we could not chat about it on our favourite hockey forum.

Yes, sometimes things may get heated, but big whoop.

If you can't be a little passionate about the direction you want the world to go what can you be passionate about?
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Ninja

After seeing the Texas truck convoy insanity yesterday, I am really nervous as to what is going to happen. No matter the outcome. The best outcome is an absolute steamroll by Biden to kneecap any legal battles, or sadly, a Trump steamroll for the same reason.

The worst outcome is probably a really close election which could get violent from both sides.

Dobber Sports Monster

A big red wave is coming like we've never seen before. The fake news media likes to tell us this election is close but in reality the American people want Trump to win. I bet Trump gets close or even eclipses 400 electoral votes. Trump's rallies have so much energy an entusiasm. Biden's rallies feel more like a funeral. I think more people would come out and publicly show their support in Trump but look at all the negative attention Orr has been getting. Such a shame people's character are being judged in such a way over political views. I support Trump. That is my take from this.

380 is my prediction.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    A big red wave is coming like we've never seen before. The fake news media likes to tell us this election is close but in reality the American people want Trump to win. I bet Trump gets close or even eclipses 400 electoral votes.
    380 is my prediction.
    Thats not how the Electoral College works.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    After seeing the Texas truck convoy insanity yesterday, I am really nervous as to what is going to happen. No matter the outcome. The best outcome is an absolute steamroll by Biden to kneecap any legal battles, or sadly, a Trump steamroll for the same reason.

The worst outcome is probably a really close election which could get violent from both sides.
    The NFAC look ready.

Maine Moose 2021-2022

Dobber Sports Genius

I envision a spike in Google searches for the term “coup”.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=Coup&geo=US
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    You know thats not how the Electoral College works, right??
    Very condescending comment but you're showing your true colours. Have a great day.

Dobber Sports Stud

I edited my post so as not to show my true colors..

Maine Moose 2021-2022

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree with doulos. With very small children I am more than a bit nervous, and hoping for a steamroll either way myself.

I would like to add, that it is difficult to discuss such a topic for a number of people. Naturally, passion for the platform topics of either side makes this understandable. But still, I find pride in not adhering to the tenets of one side or the other, and feel it is far more important to discuss these topics in a purely objective, unbiased way. It is important to refute others you may disagree with and curb emotions at the same time. It is imperative to work together and unite with your neighbor and common man (or woman, in case some don't realize the meaning, I feel like I should watch Monty Python's Life of Brian now), and I feel like the majority of people know and comprehend this - yet still lock themselves into extreme partisanship.

Not looking forward to the next few days, whatever the outcome.
    30 team league, DYNASTY
    Hartford Whalers

GO CANES

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    A big red wave is coming like we've never seen before. The fake news media likes to tell us this election is close but in reality the American people want Trump to win. I bet Trump gets close or even eclipses 400 electoral votes. Trump's rallies have so much energy an entusiasm. Biden's rallies feel more like a funeral. I think more people would come out and publicly show their support in Trump but look at all the negative attention Orr has been getting. Such a shame people's character are being judged in such a way over political views. I support Trump. That is my take from this.

380 is my prediction.
    That you, Sean Hannity?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post

Rylant
    Do you think we won't get the "all sorts of garbage" here?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Do you think we won't get the "all sorts of garbage" here?
    lol. Oh no, I 100 percent think we will. I am just hoping we can get some constructive use out of the thread before that happens.

Rylant

I...am your father.

Can't we just talk hockey? What is wrong with that? I like hockey. Let the world crumble around me and I'll still be writing Ramblings. Can't everyone be like me?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Can't we just talk hockey? What is wrong with that? I like hockey. Let the world crumble around me and I'll still be writing Ramblings. Can't everyone be like me?
    Is this not the "Get Political" Forum? Its your website, delete it.

Maine Moose 2021-2022