Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Coyotes won't renounce draft pick who bullied Black, disabled teen

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Coyotes won't renounce draft pick who bullied Black, disabled teen

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    oh i think they knew...i think it blew up in their faces, rightfully so, and they doing damage control.

This organization just gets "better and better"...
    I think your right Belexus. An organization that cheated to get the inside track on draftees... got caught and booted to the back if the line... saw an opportunity to draft a perceived Jewel in the ruff. Oops. Bit them again.

But yes of course.. Willy will swoop in and defend this kid’s actions... sorry maybe not his actions but will most definitely defend his future. But when asked about the victim... radio silence. Well that and an I’ll advised post equating himself And his school yard experiences to what this poor young developmentally delayed black child experienced over several years.

Sorry Willy. Your knuckle wrapping, School yard scuffles that you’re so easy to dismiss cause it “hasn’t had lasting effects” (or have they?) pale in comparison. But much like Trump whining “did you see the 60 minutes interview? They we’re so mean to me... asked such mean questions”... I shouldn’t be surprised.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Adam Gretz @AGretz

The Coyotes knew what they were drafting and did not care until everybody else found out about it. They should get no credit for this decision.
    Adam Gretz @AGretz

When someone says "let's not judge people by what they did when they were 14" in response to a story like this I can not help but wonder what *those* people were doing to their classmates when *they* were 14.
    Thoughts.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Thoughts.
    Says an awful lot Rataylor22 IMO. That word accountability. It means something to many good people.

Dobber Sports Icon

The question I keep going back to is who made the decision to draft the kid in the first place. Their GM was not allowed to participate in any talks about who to draft and their director of amateur scouting was hired 5 days before the draft.

Dobber Sports Padawan

So just so we're clear, what the Yotes did today was optics - nothing more. They simply did what the mob wanted them to do.
    I think most of us agree on that point.

So now we'll never know whether Miller could have balanced the scale. Or tipped it the other way.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    So just so we're clear, what the Yotes did today was optics - nothing more. They simply did what the mob wanted them to do.

So now we'll never know whether Miller could have balanced the scale. Or tipped it the other way.
    Did they also execute him? Will he not still have a life to live?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Huh.
    The key part was "we'll never know."

Hopefully he will still do it, yes, regardless of his career choice being cancelled today.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Holy... wow. Thank gawd the Yotes have you to clear that up. To speak on their behalf. Cause anything but your take is incorrect. You sir, are an absolute PERFECT example of a trumpet! Well done.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Huh.
    Ok The key part was "we'll never know."

Hopefully he will still do it, yes, regardless of his career choice being cancelled today.
    One minute you and “We’ll never know“, the other minute you’re clearing things up for all of us. Lol. Keep it coming. You like Trump will burry yourself

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    They said they found out how impactful Miller was on the lives of those he bullied over the last couple of days.

I really feel like they should have had this info with just some easy scouting that happened before he was even picked.

Honestly, my standpoint is:
    -Shouldn't have been picked without a plan the team says before media gets infront of it if they seriously thought he could be reformed.
    -Let someone else deal with him
    -Contact him as he goes undrafted with an outline for what they want him to do before signing him as an undrafted FA. Even if as an organization they don't care about the actions being the right thing to do, but only care about it being service to social media.

There was a reason why this guy fell so far, and why no team was touching him. The team should have known. All in all, they hurt their own image, rectify an issue they made themselves, and possibly put a target on their backs if they do anything else.
    1/3 of the NHL had a good enough of an idea ahead of the draft his name was crossed off their lists. if they really weren't aware - it's shitty scouting.

Is this team ever going to get it's shit together? OEL... must be re-thinking his NTC right now.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Is this team ever going to get it's shit together? OEL... must be re-thinking his NTC right now.
    I doubt it, he can still waive it at any time he likes.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

Hopefully he's one of those guys that just wants to enjoy the nice weather.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I did a bit more digging on this storey and according to what I’ve read, there was more than Mitchell Miller who victimized isaiah meyer-crothers. Hunter Mckie was an equal participant in this bullying experience. The difference is that according to isaiah’s Mother, Hunter genuinely apologized and isaiah and his family have forgiven Hunter. However to date, Mitchell Miller has never done so. The kid... sorry, young man at 18 years old, continues to treat this as an inconvenience to his career. Inconvenience to his future.

AW. Again I ask you, does Mitchell Miller’s future mean more than isaiah meyer-crothers past? Scars that he’s still left with, insulted to see the NHL and Arizona Coyotes more specifically reward this kid for his talent despite his past and present character?

This was YOUR THREAD Auston’s Willy. You clearly felt the need to draw light to this. I won’t speak for Everyone else, but I want to sincerely ask you to pump the brakes on your Trump tirade and man up here in this thread. What about the victim isaiah meyer-crothers? You acknowledged Stone in the Obama speech thread for “manning up” per your perspective Even to give him a stick tap. So what about you Austin’s Willy? Have you taken time to actually research both sides of this story?

You’ve posted a comparison of your past to isaiah meyer-crothers‘ experience with bullying
    You’ve suggested Mitchell Miller should not necessarily be held back from and NHL career
    And most recently you’ve stated that Arizona fell to public demand and out cry.

Do you still think Mitchell Miller and the Arizona front office is at all the victim in this story? Do you not agree that Arizona made a serious error In judgement? (FYI Chaka has removed Miller from the draft list along with 30 other teams before he left the organization).

Here’s your opportunity to man up (like you applauded Stone for doing) and make it right. isaiah meyer-crothers Is the ONLY VICTIM here. Mitchell Miller ( along with his parents) could have made things right 4 years ago much like Hunter did, but not having done so Keeps the accountability square on his and his Parent’s shoulders.

I’ll be the first to stick tap you. Go do a bit more reading (on the “other side” of the story) and, if you feel so inclined... let me know your thoughts.

This issue is SO above yours and my interactions over the past few days. But THIS IS YOUR THREAD.

Over to you. Th

Administrator

Why is everyone else's opinions so life and death?

No wonder society is so stressed out and mental health is in the shitter

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports All-Star

Mitchell Miller sounds like Sean Avery 2.0. The NHL, if he even gets there, doesn't need another Sean Avery.