Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Coyotes won't renounce draft pick who bullied Black, disabled teen

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Coyotes won't renounce draft pick who bullied Black, disabled teen

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand He Gone.

I do hope the kid is able to work at changing for the better and giving back to the community in a meaningful way to the point where he deserves, and is given, a second chance.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Well, we don't actually know that he hasn't (reflected).

i.e. Did the Yotes do this purely because of optics and to appease the mob ? Maybe.
    Or maybe Miller really is a monster and the Yotes decided to correct an error.
    We'll never know.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon23 View Post
    Oh boo hoo. Cry me a river. You reap what you sow. Maybe now he will actually do some proper reflecting on his life choices.
    This right here. Maybe , AW, take your “cancel culture” To heart and cancel your participation here. I mean YES... you play the heel or bafoon extremely well... stick tap to you... but you’re one of .. well one (maybe two) who seems to think your view point is head and shoulders over many others here.

Good job Arizona. A little late cause it costs you a pick, but such is life this year for you guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post

i.e. Did the Yotes do this purely because of optics and to appease the mob ? Maybe.
    We'll never know.
    Option 2. What miller is “now” is irrelevant. Ask Liepsic.

It please don’t accuse me of suggesting that You Know something.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    AW, take your “cancel culture” To heart and cancel your participation here. I mean YES... you play the heel or bafoon extremely well...

^ Exhibit D ^

Dobber Sports Titan

Took like 3 days of backlash from the public for them to do this. Day 1, they realize the public hates them, Day 2 you hope it blows over, Day 3 you realize it's not going away.

This is at least something, but Yotes only did this move because people were mad, they aren't doing anything fantastic here. They have no issue drafting this type of character, and were willing to sweep it under the rug if they could.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

We'll never know.
    I don't really think optics or mob mentality enter into it. It's a simple matter of right and wrong and the Coyotes were wrong to select this person. They've reversed their decision because it was wrong.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

^ Exhibit D ^
    ^ Irrelevant noise

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I don't really think optics or mob mentality enter into it. It's a simple matter of right and wrong and the Coyotes were wrong to select this person. They've reversed their decision because it was wrong.
    I would have to agree with Tweetdrivr

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Arizona to Houston by 2022 anyone?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong. It's possible.
    But... immediately after articles and social media were attacking them, they make this decision ?
    Ooo k then.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Took like 3 days of backlash from the public for them to do this. Day 1, they realize the public hates them, Day 2 you hope it blows over, Day 3 you realize it's not going away.

This is at least something, but Yotes only did this move because people were mad, they aren't doing anything fantastic here. They have no issue drafting this type of character, and were willing to sweep it under the rug if they could.
    This is definitely what happened. I would in no way applaud Arizona for this decision. They messed up and got called out. ....again. And the shitshow continues.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'm not saying you're wrong. It's possible.
    But... immediately after articles and social media were attacking them, they make this decision ?
    Ooo k then.
    AW thinks that social media runs The Arizona Coyotes. Well that would be irresponsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon23 View Post
    This is definitely what happened. I would in no way applaud Arizona for this decision. They messed up and got called out. ....again. And the shitshow continues.
    Napoleon23 holds them accountable for their decision to draft in the first place. Maybe... just maybe, Arizona’s staff actually realized that it was a poor judgement decision. Actually made the follow up because of internal problem solving.

And agreed. The don’t deserve a gold star. The kid was a 4 th round pick and EASILY one who could have been passed over in the draft.

It’s ok... I’m sure Trump has his eyes on him. Maybe all is not lost for this kids career. May fit into the “trump culture” nicely.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Did the Yotes simply think the NHL's punishment of a 1st and a 2nd wasn't enough punishment?

Let's blow a 4th on a player with a horrible history & release him three weeks later.

Like Arz. needs more negative media attention. Just one more layer to the disaster-onion that is Arizona.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

They said they found out how impactful Miller was on the lives of those he bullied over the last couple of days.

I really feel like they should have had this info with just some easy scouting that happened before he was even picked.

Honestly, my standpoint is:
    -Shouldn't have been picked without a plan the team says before media gets infront of it if they seriously thought he could be reformed.
    -Let someone else deal with him
    -Contact him as he goes undrafted with an outline for what they want him to do before signing him as an undrafted FA. Even if as an organization they don't care about the actions being the right thing to do, but only care about it being service to social media.

There was a reason why this guy fell so far, and why no team was touching him. The team should have known. All in all, they hurt their own image, rectify an issue they made themselves, and possibly put a target on their backs if they do anything else.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    They said they found out how impactful Miller was on the lives of those he bullied over the last couple of days.

I really feel like they should have had this info with just some easy scouting that happened before he was even picked.

Honestly, my standpoint is:
    -Shouldn't have been picked without a plan the team says before media gets infront of it if they seriously thought he could be reformed.
    -Let someone else deal with him
    -Contact him as he goes undrafted with an outline for what they want him to do before signing him as an undrafted FA. Even if as an organization they don't care about the actions being the right thing to do, but only care about it being service to social media.

There was a reason why this guy fell so far, and why no team was touching him. The team should have known. All in all, they hurt their own image, rectify an issue they made themselves, and possibly put a target on their backs if they do anything else.
    oh i think they knew...i think it blew up in their faces, rightfully so, and they doing damage control.

This organization just gets "better and better"...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Carolyn Wilke @Classlicity

Doing the right thing for the wrong reason means we can't trust you to do the right thing the next time push comes to shove.
    Correx