Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama Speech

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Barack Obama Speech

So what are the options here?

Biden appears to win, Trump drags out long and ugly legal battles, but eventually much or all of them are thrown out and/or overturned. Biden is President. How will Trump supporters react to this?

Biden appears to win, Trump drags out long and ugly legal battles, and the Supreme Court sides with Trump. Trump is President. How will Biden supporters react to this?

Which of these two options will lead to the least amount of violence and destruction? Can either of them end relatively peacefully?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    I suppose. Just like the Republicans for 8 years with Obama. Sigh.

Maybe the dems can take the senate in January by taking the Georgia seats. At least then things could get done

Yup - first thing on the agenda will be to offset the Comey-Barrett nomination, via court packing.

Dems will then proceed to ensure they can never lose another election.
    i.e. add liberal states or nuke the Electoral college

Then the country descends into an impoverished hell under corrupt & incompetent Dem leadership. Businesses flee because of excessive corporate tax hikes. Unemployment skyrockets. Crime rates go off the charts.

Then people will finally realize, in about 8 to 12 years, that aren't even free anymore. They'll be fed up. And there will be a nasty revolt.

Many will still blame Trump.

That's how I see it playing out.
    “The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.”

- Unknown

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Yup - first thing on the agenda will be to offset the Comey-Barrett nomination, via court packing.

This sounds like a solid plan. id add banning assault rifles to this list.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The amount of talking out of both sides of their mouth from Trumpets is never not funny.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    The amount of talking out of both sides of their mouth from Trumpets is never not funny.
    Amen to that. AW is exhibit A. One minute a claim that suggests support fir Trump’s claims of fraud and illegality but “Not 100% sure” then the next breath “oh there’s zero doubt fraud has taken place”. Again, no evidence. Nor would AW be privy to evidence. So why zero doubt? Zero doubt in his mind I guess. Hmm. Trump’s behaviour continues to run off. Pretty sad. Seems even the republicans appear to be distancing themselves from this circus.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The best part of Biden winning and this being over is that those sane Non-Trump supporters can let’s these guys toil away on their own. Once trump is out I could careless what they have to say. It will be irrelevant. And mentally peaceful.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ah!
    The best part of internet forums - trolling anonymous hyenas coming after me again.

Once again, out of respect for Dobber's platform, I shall ignore the bait and take the high road.
    “The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.”

- Unknown

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Ah!
    The best part of internet forums - trolling anonymous hyenas coming after me again.

Once again, out of respect for Dobber's platform, I shall ignore the bait and take the high road.
    More sucking and blowing here. Damn Rataylor22... never doubted your claim but much like trump now, these guys continue to prove (a word concept lost on many) your claim correct.

Dobber Sports Guru

Then the country descends into an impoverished hell under corrupt & incompetent Dem leadership. Businesses flee because of excessive corporate tax hikes. Unemployment skyrockets. Crime rates go off the charts.

Then people will finally realize, in about 8 to 12 years, that aren't even free anymore. They'll be fed up. And there will be a nasty revolt.

Many will still blame Trump.

That's how I see it playing out.
    Doesn't anyone learn logic anymore? Slippery slope much?
    Did this stuff happen during 8 years of Obama? How about 8 years of Clinton?
    The panic-inducing is insane and irrational. Fox News fear mongering.

Also, accusing the Dems of planning to ensure they never lose another election is the most ironic thing considering Trump has literally been stating (and I'm sure it gets chalked up to joking) that he'll take an extra term if possible ("8 more years"). And now he's undermining the process in every conceivable way.

And unemployment? Trump has the worst jobs record since WWII -- and yes, COVID was a brutal situation to be dealt with, but prior to COVID, he wasn't in the top 10 of the last 20 presidencies, so it's not like he was thriving before the pandemic.

You're worried about a nasty revolt? Nutjobs in Michigan are trying to kidnap the Governor, claiming to want to start a Civil War--and are emboldened by POTUS. Crazies in Texas chase a Biden campaign bus with profanities and threats of violence, and Trump calls them "patriots." Wake up.

The reality is that things probably won't change dramatically (when it comes to policy) under Biden--in part because they might not have the Senate votes to get a lot done. But also because things don't happen quickly in this country, regardless of who is in charge. That's the biggest criticism of Biden (by Trump himself) -- he doesn't get things done and hasn't in 47 years. And maybe a bit of stagnation when it comes to major policies isn't all bad.

But the thing that hopefully will change is that the rhetoric from the White House won't be demeaning, divisive and dangerous. Never before has there been signs in the countryside that say things like "Trump 2020: Make Liberals Cry" (that's near my home). Or, here in Michigan, signs that say "My Governor is an Idiot" -- I've never seen that kind of derogatory name-calling. But it's normal when Trump is leading the charge with his stupid nicknames belittling every other politician and his snide comments to every reporter and his refusal to speak negatively about hate groups that treat him like their savior.

Yeesh.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Amen to that. AW is exhibit A. One minute a claim that suggests support fir Trump’s claims of fraud and illegality but “Not 100% sure” then the next breath “oh there’s zero doubt fraud has taken place”. Again, no evidence. Nor would AW be privy to evidence. So why zero doubt? Zero doubt in his mind I guess. Hmm. Trump’s behaviour continues to run off. Pretty sad. Seems even the republicans appear to be distancing themselves from this circus.
    Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    More sucking and blowing here. Damn Rataylor22... never doubted your claim but much like trump now, these guys continue to prove (a word concept lost on many) your claim correct.
    It's even simple stuff. For example, Trump/GOP using their within the rules (although against the spirit of the rules and precedent) powers to pack the court, by delaying Obama's nomination for 8 months and ramming through ACB in less than a month, is ok and good. However if Biden uses his within the rules powers to expand (not pack) the court, that's bad. They can both be bad or they can both be ok, but with Trumpets it's always defaulting to the most hypocritical stance. Every single damn time it's "these actions that support my views are good while these same actions that go against my views are bad".

Simple stuff like wanting the votes to keep being counted in Arizona and Nevada, while wanting the votes to stop being counted in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Georgia. Complaining about late arriving ballots (which actually aren't arriving late, they're just being counted late) while also wondering where the late arriving military ballots are in Georgia (which he misguidedly thinks will help them, even though he called them all suckers and losers).

It's like Stephen Colbert said last night. Somehow it's fraudulent in all the states Biden won, but it's not fraudulent that McConnell and Lindsay Graham won? Either the election is fraudulent or it's not, but it's not ~only~ fraudulent in the places where you don't like the result. Unless of course you are Trump or a Trumpet.

Dobber Sports Deity

It's even simple stuff. For example, Trump/GOP using their within the rules (although against the spirit of the rules and precedent) powers to pack the court, by delaying Obama's nomination for 8 months and ramming through ACB in less than a month, is ok and good. However if Biden uses his within the rules powers to expand (not pack) the court, that's bad. They can both be bad or they can both be ok, but with Trumpets it's always defaulting to the most hypocritical stance. Every single damn time it's "these actions that support my views are good while these same actions that go against my views are bad".

Simple stuff like wanting the votes to keep being counted in Arizona and Nevada, while wanting the votes to stop being counted in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Georgia. Complaining about late arriving ballots (which actually aren't arriving late, they're just being counted late) while also wondering where the late arriving military ballots are in Georgia (which he misguidedly thinks will help them, even though he called them all suckers and losers).

It's like Stephen Colbert said last night. Somehow it's fraudulent in all the states Biden won, but it's not fraudulent that McConnell and Lindsay Graham won? Either the election is fraudulent or it's not, but it's not ~only~ fraudulent in the places where you don't like the result. Unless of course you are Trump or a Trumpet.
    I saw that clip from Colbert. Excellent stuff and so very true.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Well said. You definitely see this kind of cherry-picking hypocrisy on both sides, but Trump and his followers really take it to a painful new level.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Just watched Colbert’s clip. Thank you for sharing. Such sour grapes. These trumpets just seem like those in denial rearranging the furniture on the deck of the titanic during hour 3.

Are these people that hell bent on ignoring the truth that they’re willing to go Down with the Trumptanic?!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Mods, now would be a good time to shut this thread down. As the Subject of the thread proved to be successful and rose above all the ridiculous Trumpet squawks. The self respecting Trumpets are fleeing the Trumptanic as it prepares it's final decent. The ones choosing to stay and re-arrange the deck furniture hoping that will help, soon will be silenced. Just a thought. Lock it up! anwod on the the topic of "locking things up"... I do hope that Trump's orange glow doesn't clash with his eventual orange jumpsuit!

Yes, that's me you can hear smiling.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 5hole View Post
    Ya but yours is fake news … And Tucker isn't back peddling , hes softening the blow because hunter is in custody and has flipped in exchange for clemency.

Keep up Wonko … I'm runnin laps around ya lil feller , I told ya "Your so far behind you now think your ahead"
    https://news.yahoo.com/fbi-investiga...222323906.html

What kind of odd's can I get that Biden withdraws from the race and Trump wins unchallenged?
    TRUMP 2020 by a LAAAAAAAANDDDSSSLIIIIIIIIDE … A Tsunamiiiiiiii of Red!!!!! … AN AVALANCHE of Truth falling on the Dem's heads!!!

Bwahahahahahaha
    I wish to open heartedly inform you your wrong.. The DEM"s are foooooocked , they are in shambles and they know it.

Mean while Joe Biden's "Idea" known as Antifa has burned down and assaulted half the country!!!

You talk about peaceful transition of power... The Dem's have never let that transition take place and have had an open coup against trump from before the election!!!... The DNC PAID for the Steele Dossier and Russia Collusion HOAX!!!
    TRUMP 2020 by a LAAAANDSLIIDE …. Liberal heads will implode en masse
    Blah blah blah Piehole troll... lol... Nothing tangible to shift... of course not , I could name the 10 million false narratives your latched to but it would all be for naught as your so deeply entrenched within the Mockingbird illusion that no manner of Truth's will pull you out.. Only once the final curtain falls will your delusional belief systems be shattered! Unfortunate but part of the awakening process for the deep sleepers … While the rest of us enjoy the coming sun rise , until then my friends, enjoy your deep dreaming because like a nightmare it's about to get worse and worse.
    Oh NO|!!.. You Mean FOX News who is controlled by the Murdochs and who Donated over half a million dollars to the Biden Campaign are Debunking it...lol. You kids are so far behind you think your ahead..... Maybe stop for a moment look around and get your bearings , have some water , catch your breathe.

Once his ties to BHR, TEDA, Bank of China , Postal Savings Bank of China , China Development Bank , National Council for Social Security Funds , China Life , China Investyment Corp and the CCP come to the surface , outside of his embezzlement charges through Burisma its going to be a Nightmare for the Biden's … This is just the first droplets of the STORM
    See kid's , your trapped within the Public Domain … This means you will never see the TRUTH until the moment of the revealing … FOX , 60 mins , CNN … Your trapped in a Matrix of Censorship and Controlled Narratives spun as a web over your fluoridated , vaccinated and inundated minds.

And since you have so adamantly rejected the "Red Pill" as it has been offered to you , you will unfortunately be forced to consume it within a short while, the down side of this experience is it will be the size of your forearm and will be slowly administered via your rectum as a suppository of Awakening.

Let's play another game of "Cognitive Dissonance" for you young lil whippersnappers : Which families are tied to both Mainstream Media Outlets and the Obama/Clinton administrations? … Lets see who can get at least 5 , which is less than half... Or maybe 3 will be easier for you , I know thinking and researching can be hard for the challenged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Hehe. I suppose in 4 days, if Biden doesn't drop out of the race, we will know who was running laps around who shoe

PS. It's, "you now think you are ahead".
    More of FiveHoles greatest misses.....
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen