Thread: Who plays in the NHL this year!!??

The Great One

Default Who plays in the NHL this year!!??

Out of these fellas:

NRobertson
    McMichael
    Denisenko
    Beckman
    Kaliyev
    Romanov

I feel like its a short list.

Robertson probably plays as long as they dont sign anymore Veseys! And once they trade Nylander for Dumba there will be a top six spot open for him :P

I dont think McMichael does.

I think Becman gets 10 games or so.

It still depends what happens with the FAs in Florida but theyre bringing in some guys so looks gubious for Deni (my money on tippett who I dont own)

Romanov will play but not enough to warrant a spot in fantasy leagues.

Kaliyev... I think... maybe does... or does not play?? Lmao- I have no frackin idea...

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Who plays in the NHL this year!!??

Robertson, Denisenko and Romanov have the best chances this year

Dobber Sports Deity

Robertson is the best bet. The rest are hit and miss. I think Montreal will give Romanov a long look but not sure he isnt more than an injury replacement while he learns the speed here in the AHL. Denisenko could be an interesting one if the Panthers let both Dadonov and Hoffman walk.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Robertson is the best bet. The rest are hit and miss. I think Montreal will give Romanov a long look but not sure he isnt more than an injury replacement while he learns the speed here in the AHL. Denisenko could be an interesting one if the Panthers let both Dadonov and Hoffman walk.
    this...i do think Robertson is a lock, not even based on skill or readiness but based on Leafs cap situation ....

but i also think that few guys, specially on weaker teams that will not make playoffs, may get opportunity just because AHL will not play. Teams may not want to sit those guys specially later in the season when all European leagues wrap up. So some of better prospects on weaker teams may get a look just based on that. ..
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Novice

Robertson looks like the one with the opportunity based on cap hit and neeed/readiness.

Some of the others will get looks but don’t think they play out the year if that’s what you mean.

Dobber Sports Guru

Not here to chime in necessarily, but because I used to LOVE these types of threads--I always chased the guys that would play this season. I've learned to not.

I realize there are many reasons for doing this (contract leagues, one-year leagues, etc.), but I think it was worse for me in my earlier dynasty league years. It's nice to get the guy that will play this year, but too often I would prioritize those guys over quality--and in the end, quality should be the goal. Drafting the best player is generally smarter than the sooner player. (And this is one of the reasons I always take Dobber's list of prospects with a grain of salt. It's a great resource, but...).

The guys in the OP are all pretty solid prospects. But as an example, even though I think Kaliyev won't see NHL ice this year, I wouldn't sacrifice him for a guy that will get on to the ice this year but doesn't have a shot of hitting the totals Kaliyev will.

Anyways, just my two cents. Sorry for straying from the initial question.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Demi-God

IDK on any of these guys.
    I'll say that NONE of them get significant time.

A lot of these guys dominated juniors last year.
    But I think a LOT of NHL teams have damaged prospects with CHL to NHL shifts.
    There is absolutely ZERO harm in shifting a guy to the AHL for 1 year... or half year...
    But I'm not a fan of straight-to-NHL from Canadian juniors unless the guy is a supreme talent (1st-3rd overall).

The guy I came across recently that was shifted, perhaps to fast, was Michael Rasmussen (DET).
    They moved him straight from the WHL in '17-'18 to Detroit... and I don't think he was ready.
    Last year he played AHL and was OK... maybe Holland was trying to justify has 2017 pick.

Dobber Sports Icon

I will go with none of them.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    IDK on any of these guys.
    I'll say that NONE of them get significant time.
    I agree with this point. Robertson is not a lock to make the Leafs. He's exempt from waivers so if he's not producing when he gets into the lineup he won't be playing (AHL uncertainties aside). It won't be beneficial to the Leafs or Robertson to have him playing 4th line minutes either.

Romanov is the same boat. He won't be playing top-4 unless he comes out like a house on fire. These two are the best bets to have some semi-regular playing time but I don't see them having a signifcant impact. I like the point about Denisenko as well depending on what else shakes out with FLA in Hoffman and Dadonov.

Dobber Sports Guru

Now I'll chime in on the actual thread.

This year may be different. Depending on what happens with the AHL, we may seem more prospects (ones that don't go overseas and aren't Junior eligible) getting games here and there as a way of maintaining their development. I'd love the NHL to consider something like MLB did--expand the rosters so that prospects don't have a year without competitive hockey. Even practicing with the NHL clubs has value at that point.

But I can't guess which of these guys that would apply to....
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

The Great One

Thanks guys- I just drafted them for the farm so theres no significant rush here- just wanted to get a clearer consensus now that were getting to the tail end of our draft wether I should start be drarting guys to fill out the bottom on chepaer contracts or if any of these guys can step in. I drafted Coleman, Lehtonen, and Greenway with the idea that Robertson (or basicalyy any ONE of these young guys will get signficant time. Need to draft 3 more cheap contracts and likely one of them as a D.

Thank you for weighing in!!! Rep/karma coming!