Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Le"Veon Bell Released

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Le"Veon Bell Released

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Would he have? Since he didn't sign the contract, we will never know the extent of the guarantees Pittsburgh was offering in their contract outside of the franchise tag. He could have played 1 year on the franchise tag, had a Dak-style injury, and had that be his last year.

What we do know is he guaranteed himself $28M instead of $14.5M. He did exactly what you're advocating, took the guarantees and term, no?
    He did eventually, yes, but not with Pittsburgh. You're right, we don't know exactly what Pittsburgh was offering him, but ones has to assume that since he was in the prime of his career, it was more than what he got from the Jets. Again, just an assumption but based on his production at the time they were putting the franchise tag on him, it had to be more.

I guess there was some sort of Injury Guarantee of $8M starting in '21, which is now gone as well. Not sure if that played into his actual guaranteed money or not.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Is Perine or Gore getting the rock now?
    If they're smart they'll use Perine a bit more to see what they have but not workhorse that he would wear the tire treads.

Because they're the Jets they'll likely ride Gore, sign Lamar Miller off the Bears practice squad and then spend more draft capital next year on RBs.

Dobber Sports Titan

Shouldn't spend top 3 round picks on an RB, that team has so many holes lol.

I'd just heavily invest into 2 top OL, maybe even a 3rd.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He did eventually, yes, but not with Pittsburgh. You're right, we don't know exactly what Pittsburgh was offering him, but ones has to assume that since he was in the prime of his career, it was more than what he got from the Jets. Again, just an assumption but based on his production at the time they were putting the franchise tag on him, it had to be more.

I guess there was some sort of Injury Guarantee of $8M starting in '21, which is now gone as well. Not sure if that played into his actual guaranteed money or not.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/20/le...contract-offer

https://overthecap.com/player/leveon-bell/2258/

Based on these two sources, the guarantees Bell got in his Jets contract were significantly higher than those offered in the Steelers contract, although the SI column correctly points out that we don't know if Bell would have been cut after 1 year with the Steelers like he was with the Jets.

However, the point I was trying to make is people say Bell ruined his career by leaving Pittsburgh, and I personally think we're overstepping on that. We really don't know how his stats would like in Pittsburgh and he made $27M from the Jets. Career-wise, I would say he did just fine.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/20/le...contract-offer

https://overthecap.com/player/leveon-bell/2258/

Based on these two sources, the guarantees Bell got in his Jets contract were significantly higher than those offered in the Steelers contract, although the SI column correctly points out that we don't know if Bell would have been cut after 1 year with the Steelers like he was with the Jets.

However, the point I was trying to make is people say Bell ruined his career by leaving Pittsburgh, and I personally think we're overstepping on that. We really don't know how his stats would like in Pittsburgh and he made $27M from the Jets. Career-wise, I would say he did just fine.
    You could be right. I just shake my head at some of these choices made some times. I didnt read the links you provided but I do remember reading that Bell at the time wanted to be paid like a WR, which didnt happen for RBs so thats why he was so pissed off at the Steelers. I don't know. He got his eventually. I always just wonder how much they leave on the table sometimes looking back. Of course, we'll never truly know unless an old GM beaks off to the media or something.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."