Thread: New 32 Team Dynasty Hockey Cap League

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default New 32 Team Dynasty Hockey Cap League

$40 entry fee for next season

I am starting a brand new 32 team dynasty league on Fantrax. I started one like this recently and it has worked out well. The league will be a head to head categories league. There will be 4 simultaneous matchups per week and each team will get a win, loss or tie for each category.

The league will follow the NHL salary cap and will mimick the NHL draft lottery each year. (the last place team in our league gets the same position in the draft as the last place NHL team gets after the NHL draft lottery is finished.)

The following categories will be used:

Skaters: G A PPP FOW Hits Blocks SOG

Goalies: W SO GAA SV%

Each real NHL team name will be used and each team will be in their real division (NHLs division layout with Seattle). The league will mimick the NHL wildcard and playoff rules.

Each teams roster will consist of the following:

Active:

3 C 3 LW 3 RW 3 F 6 D 2 G

Reserve:

3 bench

5 IR

Minors:

20 minors

Teams will be given out on a first come first served basis. You must pay before you can officially claim a team. Entry is $40 and that fee will cover the 2020-21 season.

When you choose a team, you must pick 2 players (82 games played or more for players, 50 or more for goalies) and 1 prospect (less than 82 games, less than 50 for goalies) from your chosen team.

Please be sure of your team picks and keepers picks as you can not change them once they are made.

To balance things out, the order of the player draft will be opposite of the order your team was chosen. Eg. If you were the 5th last person to choose your team, you get 5th overall in the player draft.

One team will be able to take the expansion team Seattle. As Seattle they will be able to pick their keepers from any of the teams that have been taken after each team takes their keepers.

Eg who ever takes Toronto keeps Matthews, Tavares and Nick Robertson. They could choose Marner as one of their keepers.

There will be no draft pick trading for the player draft but you will be able to trade your keeper slots, keepers or players you end up drafting during the draft.

The player draft will be in a snake format and pick times will be 3 hours. There will be a sleep timer between midnight and 9 am est. Be sure to set your queues to ensure you get a player that you want if you happen to time out. The draft will start as soon as we are full.

Prize payouts for next year and beyond will be as follows:

Total funds: $40 X 32= $1280

Fantrax fee: $80

Division Winners: $80 X 4

President's trophy: $200

Champion: $400

Runner Up $180

3rd $100

Communication will be done on groupme and you will be required to join.

I am in many dynasty leagues and plan on keeping this league around for years. Please only join if you plan on doing the same. There will be no refunds given once we get going so please be serious about joining.

If you have any questions doing hesitate to ask!

Teams taken

------

COL
    EDM
    NYR
    VAN
    SEA
    FLA
    TB
    CAR
    PHI
    BUF
    TOR
    WPG
    BOS
    CBJ
    CHI
    DET
    STL
    VGK
    NJ
    MIN
    ANA
    ARI
    CGY
    OTT
    NYI
    LA
    MON
    PIT

-------

Here is the link to pay:

https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantas...obd&isSubmit=y

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: New 32 Team Dynasty Hockey Cap League

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyboy View Post
    Teams left

DAL
    MON
    NYI
    LA
    PIT
    SJ
    Are Montreal and Dallas still avail? If yes I’m in and I’ll choose one...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hello. DAL and MON are available. So is NAS I missed them in the list.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Teams left

DAL
    NAS
    PIT
    SJ

- - - Updated - - -

Some good teams left. Good value when you consider younare getting a top pick in the player draft.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Teams left

DAL
    NAS
    SJ