Thread: Help with my keepers

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Help with my keepers

Hi guys,

With my parameters, who would be your keepers for the next season?
    And what would you focus on for the next draft (active forward, active defense, better prospects or a second goalkeeper?)

Thanks!
    Keeper league 12 teams - 17 active players (8F + 3D + 1G that counts) + 1 team
    Pts only : 2pts a goal - 1pt an A for a forward, 3-2 for a def

F- Gaudreau, Rantanen, M. Tkatchuk, Lindholm, Point, Buchnevich, Teravainen, Marchessault, O'Reilly, Toffoli, Atkinson, Arvidsson (Can keep 5)
    D- Heiskanen, McCavoy, Toews and Krug (Can keep 2)
    G- Hellebuyck
    T- Dallas

Prospects : Swayman, Vilardi, Veleno, Heponiemi, Vesalainen, Kostin, T. Smith, Bean (keep until >150 games)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Help with my keepers

F- Point, Panarin, Wheeler, Hall, Teravainen, Vrana, Schenn, Backstrom, Karlsson, Kadri and Beauvillier (Can keep 5)
    D- Heiskanen, Werenski, OEL, Gustafsson and Gostisbehere (Can keep 2)
    G- Binnington
    T- Dallas

As for draft strategy lets take a look at what you have vs what you need.

5/8 Forwards
    2/3 Defense
    1/1 Goalie

So I would definitely focus on the best forward or defenseman available until you at least have 8/8 and 3/3 to ensure you have the top ones counting.

In a limited keeper as such, I find it hard drafting prospects that are not the on the Lafreniere level. So the only time in a league like this that I draft a minor league early is if I have first pick.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    F- Point, Panarin, Wheeler, Hall, Teravainen, Vrana, Schenn, Backstrom, Karlsson, Kadri and Beauvillier (Can keep 5)
    D- Heiskanen, Werenski, OEL, Gustafsson and Gostisbehere (Can keep 2)
    G- Binnington
    T- Dallas

As for draft strategy lets take a look at what you have vs what you need.

5/8 Forwards
    2/3 Defense
    1/1 Goalie

So I would definitely focus on the best forward or defenseman available until you at least have 8/8 and 3/3 to ensure you have the top ones counting.

In a limited keeper as such, I find it hard drafting prospects that are not the on the Lafreniere level. So the only time in a league like this that I draft a minor league early is if I have first pick.
    I'm on board with this as well. How many teams in the league?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Rookie

12 teams Eskimo brother

And Penguinhunter, that was my plan for the moment but with an hesitation between Wheeler and Vrana (who might be better than Wheeler in 2-3 years with more TOI)...

Thanks!
    Keeper league 12 teams - 17 active players (8F + 3D + 1G that counts) + 1 team
    Pts only : 2pts a goal - 1pt an A for a forward, 3-2 for a def

F- Gaudreau, Rantanen, M. Tkatchuk, Lindholm, Point, Buchnevich, Teravainen, Marchessault, O'Reilly, Toffoli, Atkinson, Arvidsson (Can keep 5)
    D- Heiskanen, McCavoy, Toews and Krug (Can keep 2)
    G- Hellebuyck
    T- Dallas

Prospects : Swayman, Vilardi, Veleno, Heponiemi, Vesalainen, Kostin, T. Smith, Bean (keep until >150 games)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree with the other keeper lists. Vrana & Beauvillier are interesting options.

Do you keep the team? I'm guessing that is a late pick move.
    Do you automatically keep your goalie? I'd look to upgrade Binnington, if possible, but not in round 1. I think he's likely your weakest keeper.

I would look at some prospects here, but again, not in round 1, unless Lafreniere falls to you.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Any chance of doing a 2-1 trade of a Tera & Wheeler or Hall combo for an upgrade on F of those or Plus Binnington and go for a goalie upgrade.
    Then look at keeping B Schenn as he solid production. Try and upgrade your keepers for future seasons. Wheeler may have 2-3 years left of top PP time etc.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks guys! I keep Dallas and trades are not allowed before our draft. I think for my 5th F keeper I will go with Wheeler but Vrana, Beauvillier and Schenn could be a good choice too.