Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: NBA Teams Boycott / NBA Postpones games

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: NBA Teams Boycott / NBA Postpones games

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Was actually discussing this with some friends, that if bigger media platforms organized a blackout it would spread even further.

We saw it briefly when IG did the blackout and some apps or websites changed the colour, but imagine if Netflix, Hulu, etc were to just cut the cord for a day?
    I think parents with young kids would be the biggest group affected, which maybe isn't quite the target audience, but yeah, that would have a massive reach.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    There's still Netflix!
    Well couldn't we all make a statement if we all boycotted Netflix if there is not any sports to watch tonight.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Well couldn't we all make a statement if we all boycotted Netflix if there is not any sports to watch tonight.
    I don't think the sports-watchers are the largest set of the Netflix audience.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Deity

Screw that. Netflix is what got me through the months when we had no sports during Covid.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Screw that. Netflix is what got me through the months when we had no sports during Covid.
    Me too.

And I watch netflix during the intermission of hockey games.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

Blackout Sports, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Netflix, all television networks, etc. Hell, even toss in gaming platforms. At the end of the day, people have short memories.

Tomorrow everyone will be talking about these services being cut-off, and lost in the mix is the message you're trying to get across.

The day will just become another "black square" on everyone's "memories" that they can be reminded about 365 days later.

Do you think the PGA or Tennis or racing tours will postpone any events?

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Do you think the PGA or Tennis or racing tours will postpone any events?
    One tennis player dropped out that I have seen so far. Tougher to do in individual sports I think.
    I'm curious if the F1 race doesn't go this weekend. Lewis Hamilton is the biggest name in that sport and he has been a voice leading F1 in their actions against racism. Wouldn't surprise me to see him boycott the race.

Dobber Sports Deity

Me too.

And I watch netflix during the intermission of hockey games.
    I don't go that far lol.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Blackout Sports, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Netflix, all television networks, etc. Hell, even toss in gaming platforms. At the end of the day, people have short memories.

Tomorrow everyone will be talking about these services being cut-off, and lost in the mix is the message you're trying to get across.

The day will just become another "black square" on everyone's "memories" that they can be reminded about 365 days later.
    You're right. These actions won't fix it all immediately so why bother. Let the shooting of people in the back continue!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    You're right. These actions won't fix it all immediately so why bother. Let the shooting of people in the back continue!
    Unfortunately, it will probably continue. This has been going on for literally decades. That's why I'm skeptical about politicians caring enough to make a difference.

It's great to see athletes doing their part to try and make a difference but I'm doubtful we'll see a big change any time soon.

Dobber Sports Titan

Sounds like the NHL is pushing back their THU/FRI games and restarting on SAT.

https://twitter.com/JShannonhl/statu...90904368721922

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Sounds like the NHL is pushing back their THU/FRI games and restarting on SAT.

https://twitter.com/JShannonhl/statu...90904368721922
    Good news... now the Flyers don't have to start back to back and there is extended period for more doubt and controversy on who the Isles should start in net!

​​

Dobber Sports Padawan

Cancel all the games you want. It's all virtue signalling nonsense. I personally hope the NBA folds. Bunch of entitled millionaire babies screaming about oppression.
    HOW EXACTLY DID YOU MAKE IT TO THE NBA, SIR?

Anyway, people love, just love, to blame somebody else for everything. That should be your first clue that this is all bullcrap.
    People who aren't afraid to tell the truth though, people with some sense of accountability understand this: "It starts in the home."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Unfortunately, it will probably continue. This has been going on for literally decades. That's why I'm skeptical about politicians caring enough to make a difference.

It's great to see athletes doing their part to try and make a difference but I'm doubtful we'll see a big change any time soon.
    I guess when I see some of these guys being interviewed it becomes pretty clear how emotional they really are about all of this. A lot of them probably feel pretty helpless, and they can relate to the pain these communities are going through. They want change. They are not politicians or policy makers, but a bunch of guys who have worked extremely hard, and have certain talents, that have enabled them to have a certain public role that is pretty unique in society except from a few others places (such as perhaps Hollywood). I know it becomes a 'thing' to slam these guys as virtue signalling etc, but anyone with a heart should be able to watch these interviews and see real people who are really struggling to know what to do.

They won't always make the perfect decision but kudos to them for trying. Something. Anything. They are going to get a lot of hate from people because they are not doing things perfectly, but I commend them for giving this a shot. We'll see what happens.