Thread: How good can Barzal be?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default How good can Barzal be?

Hey guys,

I just recently stumbled across the NHL award article written by Mark Scheifele (https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...020-nhl-awards)

Which was a fantastic read and at the bottom when discussing Barzal from the eyes of a fellow player he said this "In a few years he’s going to be leading the league in scoring."

I recently acquired Barzal and have been watching him in these playoffs and he really does impress me. I know the isles system is stifling for offense and his last 2 years of actual output have not been elite but let's say things stayed mostly the same situation wise, is it possible Barzal could explode to 90 points regardless? Or is it more likely he's a 75-80 point C until he gets some better wingers and/or trotz leaves (3 more years on contract).

I'm obviously excited by his upside and by Mark's comments but I have been getting some pretty solid offers for him so I'm looking for any further insight into where you see his career heading.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: How good can Barzal be?

Barzal will be at most a 70 point player, unless trotz leaves the organization, he has talent their is no doubting that , but with NYI system, i cant see anyone getting more than 70 , talent-90-100 in trotz world that equates to 65-70

Dobber Sports Ace

I’d wait it out unless you’re getting mega offers. What have been some of the offers?
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Barzal is insanely silky, smooth.
    It's one of those things that is hard for the common fan to catch because he doesn't do highlight reel stuff.
    Which (usually) means he has a super-high-level hockey IQ.
    Yeah... he could totally do 90pts.
    He WILL need some sort of high-end linemates to do that... and he doesn't quite have them.

He's a "HOLD" for now... or "BUY", if one can get him low.
    I peg him for 75pts in 80gp going forward... with one or two touches at 90... and 3-5 career seasons in the 80s.

Leading the league in scoring... hmmm... IF he gets the high-end linemate... but not without.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    It's one of those things that is hard for the common fan to catch because he doesn't do highlight reel stuff.
    He WILL need some sort of high-end linemates to do that... and he doesn't quite have them.

I peg him for 75pts in 80gp going forward... with one or two touches at 90... and 3-5 career seasons in the 80s.

Leading the league in scoring... hmmm... IF he gets the high-end linemate... but not without.
    That's kind of where I would have him too. Jumping around between 70-95 depending on the year, but the high end won't be possible unless there's some change in the system of the team he's on and better line mates.

Probably not someone to really be shopping right now.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

He could "lead the league in scoring" in the same way the stars aligned a few seasons ago for Jamie Benn to lead the league in scoring. I don't think he could "lead the league in scoring" the same way guys like McDavid and Mackinon could "lead the league in scoring", if that makes sense.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    He could "lead the league in scoring" in the same way the stars aligned a few seasons ago for Jamie Benn to lead the league in scoring. I don't think he could "lead the league in scoring" the same way guys like McDavid and Mackinon could "lead the league in scoring", if that makes sense.
    ^This.
    Well said.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    LOL! Totally makes sense.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

This is my thoughts exactly. If Trotz were to leave, then maybe he a little more consistent to the high 80s/90s player. But don't take coaching changes into projecting for fantasy.