Thread: 2020 Prospects Draft - Couple of questions about guide/what to do

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Post 2020 Prospects Draft - Couple of questions about guide/what to do

Hi all, wondering what section of the prospect guide (paid version) by dobber you would mainly use for your 2020 prospect draft? The league I am in is a new league and we're doing our prospect draft separate but the stats are basically the same as the Worldwide Dynasty in my signature.

Which section would you use for my league

- Go through the 'Whos Who' and use the DH ranking
    - Cams top 62
    - Top 25 Points Only (not likely as counts hits/blocks)
    - Cam and Jokkes Fantasy Hockey top 107 (this is what I'm currently planning on using)

Cams top 6 or the Cam/Jokke is probably my plan but it's my first time properly using these so if someone has any recommendations that would be great.

-----------------------------------------------------

Secondly, in this new league the drafts were split into three (Prospect > 2020 Prospects > Inaugural) giving the 20 managers 1 top 7 pick, a middle 6 pick and a bottom 7 pick for one of these each. We've done our prospect draft already and I only came out with one goalie (Konovalov) so I'm pretty set on taking Askarov 10th overall if he's still there, would you say this is a good idea?

Also have this thread which I thought was better suited to another subforum.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: 2020 Prospects Draft - Couple of questions about guide/what to do

for new draft class i usually dont use Dobber at all, i do read individual write ups as they are nice descriptions of what player can do. However i base my opinion strictly on scouts and videos i watch. I find Dobber very good once player is drafted that info is very good!
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Titan

I think if you have time, making your own decisions is the best way to go, by amalgamating as many scouts opinions as you can. If you don't have time and really haven't done much research then the Cam and Jokke set should stear you pretty straight.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JayJJeffery View Post
    Hi all, wondering what section of the prospect guide (paid version) by dobber you would mainly use for your 2020 prospect draft? The league I am in is a new league and we're doing our prospect draft separate but the stats are basically the same as the Worldwide Dynasty in my signature.

Which section would you use for my league

- Go through the 'Whos Who' and use the DH ranking
    - Cams top 62
    - Top 25 Points Only (not likely as counts hits/blocks)
    - Cam and Jokkes Fantasy Hockey top 107 (this is what I'm currently planning on using)

Cams top 6 or the Cam/Jokke is probably my plan but it's my first time properly using these so if someone has any recommendations that would be great.

-----------------------------------------------------

Secondly, in this new league the drafts were split into three (Prospect > 2020 Prospects > Inaugural) giving the 20 managers 1 top 7 pick, a middle 6 pick and a bottom 7 pick for one of these each. We've done our prospect draft already and I only came out with one goalie (Konovalov) so I'm pretty set on taking Askarov 10th overall if he's still there, would you say this is a good idea?

Also have this thread which I thought was better suited to another subforum.
    I'm 100% biased but "Cam and Jokke's Fantasy Hockey top 107" is definitely the section of the guide that you should use for a fantasy hockey draft. That is the exact purpose of that chart in the guide and it's something we don't publish anywhere outside the guide (real-life rankings are posted on the site but the full fantasy hockey rankings are only in the guide).

However, it is meant for points-only leagues, so if you're in a multi-cat league, I recommend going through the profiles we've written to identify which prospects might be worth moving up or down in your league based on the stats you use.

This year, we also added some new Top-10 Lists like "Most NHL-Ready" and "Power Forwards" to the guide to help you adjust the rankings based on your needs because every league is different and we can't do separate rankings for all the different types.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post

This year, we also added some new Top-10 Lists like "Most NHL-Ready" and "Power Forwards" to the guide to help you adjust the rankings based on your needs because every league is different and we can't do separate rankings for all the different types.
    I mean, you could
    It would just take way too much time and effort and no one needs 600 lists with only minicule changes based on every league type.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Trying to pick multicat players in the draft is a crapshoot anyway. Just shoot for the best upside/highest probability player you can and hope for the best IMO. So the points only ranking usually read true anyway.
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson